Infected Something Awful and Friends - The rollercoaster trainwreck embarassing downfall of a Web 1.0 giant.

BlueSpark

kiwifarms.net
So what do you guys think the odds are that Lowtax is lying and the "loan" is actually a fee Lowtax charged him for the privilege of begging on the forums (and that he generously offered to allow ZDR to pay it back months later rather than immediately, but ZDR just cut contact after recieving the money).

That's my theory, anyway. Either that or there were conditions attached to the loan, like "you have to continue updating my dead, gay website for free indefinitely as well as pay me the money back."

Whatever the case is I really doubt Lowtax would lend anyone money, least of all the mods of SA.

Last edited:

Anime is Blood

kiwifarms.net
I'm still catching up on posts made overnight, but I'm seeing an awful lot of "don't feel guilty about asking for money, you deserve it" posts directed at Lowtax - which is weird because any value people have derived from the forums has been in spite of Lowtax, not because of him.
As his begging got more and more urgent idiot goons started equating Something Awful with Lowtax. If one is in trouble then the other is and donating to one is like donating to the other because they are the same thing.

They don't seem to understand that he is a huge parasite killing the forums because he sucks up any funds that should be used to develop them and all of this money is just because he isn't making enough to live without a job from Something Awful alone, not that they are unprofitable.

That's how this latest round of begging struck such a chord. The thread is full of people saying they don't want to see Something Awful go away because Lowtax being broke makes them think the forums are broke. I've seen references in offsite discords and other places about how "SA is going away so you better donate now!"

When Lowtax says "I spent all of my money on expenses last year" they think he somehow is independently wealthy and has spent all of his money on "expenses" for the forum. Not that he has blown millions in revenue from the forum and everything he ever saved and now can no longer live off of the free money supply the forum actually gives him.

Notice how he has never corrected anyone on how the money is specifically to keep him from working and that the forums have never been in danger of closing. They just went from six figures to paying the poverty line and he no longer has the standard of living he wants from No Job + Forums. I'm sure he is extremely happy that people have convinced themselves that they are being heroic by giving a middle aged alcoholic welfare and child support payments.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't worry it's a Library of Congress Internet Heritage Site.

Yes, it's archived by the Library of Congress dumb as that sounds.
It's only the front page which has been captured, and only intermittently. There were 131 captures between 30 August 2002 and 7 March 2018. The links to the forums on the captured pages work, though.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is there a way we can do the Amazon Prime/Twitch thing for Null? It's only $2.50 per account linked but why not take Amazon's money if it's free?

Reactions: BOLDYSPICY!

Ebonic Tutor

"Shitposting at any cost."
kiwifarms.net
It's only the front page which has been captured, and only intermittently. There were 131 captures between 30 August 2002 and 7 March 2018. The links to the forums on the captured pages work, though.

View attachment 694053
The way it read in one part of it had me thinking it was saving the forums a bit too but turns out I was wrong.

Only really need to save the stuff from 99'-04'ish after that we all know the garbage fire it becomes.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's Lowtax, we already know he's going to fuck this up somehow.
The thread has already devolved into discussions about whether YOSPOS should rewrite the forums, Lowtax should pay someone to fix the existing code, or the forums should migrate to new software - a discussion which has been had many times before with no resolution. Lowtax will inevitably make the worst and most expensive choice.

Ebonic Tutor

"Shitposting at any cost."
kiwifarms.net
The thread has already devolved into discussions about whether YOSPOS should rewrite the forums, Lowtax should pay someone to fix the existing code, or the forums should migrate to new software - a discussion which has been had many times before with no resolution. Lowtax will inevitably make the worst and most expensive choice.
He'll probably pocket the money, claim he's trying to do something then never actually do anything other than get himself a 6 month supply of Ambien & Franzia.

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
Lowtax allowed his comedy website to be overrun by troons and cat ladies who couldn't care less about his struggles as a heteronormative, cishet white male. He cucked himself into a corner and is now learning that wokepoints don't amount to shit in the real world. May the dubious legacy of SomethingAwful serve as a cautionary tale for future generations of community managers.
This is a key reason, he made the forums a safe space for people who have no money (troons, SJWs, woke exceptional individuals). Look at the Ape Cage forum which is moderated by Brittany, the whitest black woman. They spend all day talking about their sad lives and how they can’t catch a break and it’s white America/capitalism’s fault so people should pay them money to exist.

Lowtax’s e-begging posts come off as if it was written by one of them or he took cues off their begging posts.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm still catching up on the thread but people asking how the money is going to be spent are getting shat on.

Lowtax did post this much.

Weirdly, at the beginning of the thread he posted that he hadn't been doing much computer-wise because he was mostly confined to bed and he didn't have a laptop. Goons are throwing money at him now, but I'm sure someone would have sent him a laptop months ago had he mentioned it.

KM is apparently "on sabbatical".

Last edited:

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm still catching up on the thread but people asking how the money is going to be spent are getting shat on.

Lowtax did post this much.

View attachment 694286

Weirdly, at the beginning of the thread he posted that he hadn't been doing much computer-wise because he was mostly confined to bed and he didn't have a laptop. Goons are throwing money at him now, but I'm sure someone would have sent him a laptop months ago had he mentioned it.

KM is apparently "on sabbatical".

View attachment 694297
Probably pain pills.

Money will def be used so Lowtax can go another year not working, esp not working on the forums.

From his vague descriptions I’m beginning to think Lowtax’s back troubles are mental in nature. Physical pain becomes the crutch to use for why you abuse pills, lay in bed all day, stay in your underwater, don’t work, etc... he probably believes it too. I bet the worse his stress has gotten the worse the pain and need for pills.

I could easily see KM being a “muh chronic pain” sped. Her behavior matches up with the type perfectly.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino