Infected Something Awful and Friends - The rollercoaster trainwreck embarassing downfall of a Web 1.0 giant.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm still catching up on the thread but people asking how the money is going to be spent are getting shat on.

Lowtax did post this much.

View attachment 694286

Weirdly, at the beginning of the thread he posted that he hadn't been doing much computer-wise because he was mostly confined to bed and he didn't have a laptop. Goons are throwing money at him now, but I'm sure someone would have sent him a laptop months ago had he mentioned it.

KM is apparently "on sabbatical".

View attachment 694297
Probably pain pills.

Money will def be used so Lowtax can go another year not working, esp not working on the forums.

From his vague descriptions I’m beginning to think Lowtax’s back troubles are mental in nature. Physical pain becomes the crutch to use for why you abuse pills, lay in bed all day, stay in your underwater, don’t work, etc... he probably believes it too. I bet the worse his stress has gotten the worse the pain and need for pills.

I could easily see KM being a “muh chronic pain” sped. Her behavior matches up with the type perfectly.

Ghostse

Waffle SS Untermenchenfurher
kiwifarms.net
Probably pain pills.

Money will def be used so Lowtax can go another year not working, esp not working on the forums.

From his vague descriptions I’m beginning to think Lowtax’s back troubles are mental in nature. Physical pain becomes the crutch to use for why you abuse pills, lay in bed all day, stay in your underwater, don’t work, etc... he probably believes it too. I bet the worse his stress has gotten the worse the pain and need for pills.

I could easily see KM being a “muh chronic pain” sped. Her behavior matches up with the type perfectly.
100% dead honest posting, I'm pretty sure Lowtax is a pill head & he's definitely a suburban alcoholic.
He's leading a pretty shitty home life, living in bumfuck Missouri, and he's got no friends anymore; they all either moved away or started wearing a yarn wig and talking like Kermit the frog getting a colonoscopy (and probably molesting his kids). He's goddamn forty, but still pretends he's an edgy 20 year old iconoclast speaking truth to power by triggering Grandmas; so he can't bring himself to do lame normie shit to make new actual friends: take up hunting/fishing/hiking, start model railroading, go to church, search for j/o groups on craigslist, etc.
(I'm leaving off "get a motorcycle" and "go to the gym" because lol try to imagine that faggot trying to hang out with even the local Accountant Bike club. Or him trying to be Swoletax, even before his spin crumbled)

There's nothing for him to do all day but abuse pills and get drunk.

What he forgot, in all his "Oh sure 'just say no', whatever DAD" is that pain pill abuse is absolute hell on your body. It will fuck up your ability to take in nutrients like, say calcium and potassium, which your body uses to build & repair bone. Especially bones that are getting crammed and pressured into odd angles and held there for hours, as the signals your body would normally use to communicate "Hey dumbass, you are putting too much goddamn weight on your neck, turn over", aka pain, are now so muffled that you'll just keep on having your couch nap while destroying your cartilage.

Also everyone knows damn well that Koala's Mooch suffers from muh fibromyalgia, given to her by White Cis Men to keep her from over throwing them with her $2500 gaming. Sorry I mean video editing computer. Paid for by goon contributions to her 'microloan' program.

Last edited:

BOLDYSPICY!

"She says shit & it just happens" ---Nurse Ratchet
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is also after he fundraised a bunch of money for a Xenforo migration (I think it was 50k?) that never happened.
Another reason why Dear Leader is superior.
Praise.
This is why I never take people who say "Something Awful will close any day now" seriously. Goons will continue to throw exceptional amounts of money at the Taxman for the foreseeable future. They're the ultimate paypigs.
Which is sad, because I'd love to see that cesspool go under. But then we might have a mass exodus of Goons. . .
Should have offered all that dosh to @Null to make SA functional. You know a guy with a proven public track record of running a modern forum. The SA forums have remained exactly as I remember them in 2005 which is nuts for a paid forum.
For real. @Lowtax helps with KF's costs, @Null unfucks SA for him. It's a win-win. Or the Errverrlord could just buy SA for tenbux, a bottle of generic Ambien, & a box of the finest Russian wine. Could you imagine the reeeeeeing if Null got ownership of SA? It would be like the great Kiwi Farms Advertisement Chimpout of 2018, but a million times better. (It won't happen, but a girl can dream.)

Speaking of which, whatever happened with the whole Kiwi ad debacle?
He's taking it well.
See this? This right here? This is all the proof you need that @Lowtax is gonna fuck all this up for himself. He's looking at all those zeroes & already counting his chickens before they hatch. No way is his Paymetons gonna stay at 10k. But there he is, gushing about how rich he is going to be instead of talking about paying his medical bills, taking care of his kids, improving the forums, etc.

What a douche.

dreamworks face

Model bugman
kiwifarms.net
See this? This right here? This is all the proof you need that @Lowtax is gonna fuck all this up for himself. He's looking at all those zeroes & already counting his chickens before they hatch. No way is his Paymetons gonna stay at 10k. But there he is, gushing about how rich he is going to be instead of talking about paying his medical bills, taking care of his kids, improving the forums, etc.

What a douche.
He's going to spend it all on mangosteen, ambien and $1000 chairs. It might even be time for another divorce and and another mail order bride. Lowtax... Lowtax never changes.

Captain Capitalism

kiwifarms.net
You can already see him thinking "I got this much money coming this month, it's going to be like this FOREVER!" Can't wait to see his posts in 2 months when it's back down to...what, 1.5k?

Edit: Or when he says the wrong thing and people withdraw his donations this very month.

Sissy Galvez

kiwifarms.net
From the KM mention of having sent Lowtax PMs and the sudden blow-up of Lowtax's Patreon, it's probably safe to say that she's liable to jockey for a piece of that pie / push for some kind of moderation power play.
Yep, you know she’s trying to get her hand in the cookie jar and demanding a portion even though she just moderates the ape cage and shrieks all over he forums about racism even though she never experiences it (because she’s white).

kissbummer

kiwifarms.net
Here's a random question. Why do people on Something Awful hate reddit? I think one sense, reddit is a more successful version of SA. It's one of the most popular websites in the world and even normies like to use it. Compared to SA which is dying a slow, sad death.

SA acts like reddit is only full of pedophile nazis. That might have been true ten years ago, but today people on reddit are pretty left. In fact, there are a lot of commie subs on reddit too like /r/ChapoTrapHouse. Of course, there are a lot of trans subreddits too.

DanteAlighieri

Anti authoritarian asshole asshole
kiwifarms.net
Here's a random question. Why do people on Something Awful hate reddit? I think one sense, reddit is a more successful version of SA. It's one of the most popular websites in the world and even normies like to use it. Compared to SA which is dying a slow, sad death.
Goons feel the need to differentiate themselves from "the normies", when in the case of Reddit they're the exact same (except they're gullible dumbasses who post on a paywalled forum).

Gangster Talk

You lookin' at my gut?
kiwifarms.net

SA acts like reddit is only full of pedophile nazis. That might have been true ten years ago, but today people on reddit are pretty left. In fact, there are a lot of commie subs on reddit too like /r/ChapoTrapHouse. Of course, there are a lot of trans subreddits too.
Even if boards like /r/politics are blatantly left leaning, communities like /r/ShitRedditSays (which I believe actually has some ties to an SA spinoff) still believe Reddit is some sort of bigoted shithole because a popular pro Trump board exists and boring dweebs crack mildly offensive dad jokes on the major front page boards. Reddit is really just a tool to make a community board at this point, and they don't host shit like r/jailbait or r/coontown anymore so ultimately it comes off as some weird sort of identity crisis to me. The boring, mildly offensive dweebs with nerdy hobbies they refer to as redditors are identical to mid 2000s era goons, and the whiny hens who used to sit in Helldump and mock those goons can't really do so anymore because nobody other than them give a fuck about SA at this point.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
100% dead honest posting, I'm pretty sure Lowtax is a pill head & he's definitely a suburban alcoholic.
He's leading a pretty shitty home life, living in bumfuck Missouri, and he's got no friends anymore; they all either moved away or started wearing a yarn wig and talking like Kermit the frog getting a colonoscopy (and probably molesting his kids). He's goddamn forty, but still pretends he's an edgy 20 year old iconoclast speaking truth to power by triggering Grandmas; so he can't bring himself to do lame normie shit to make new actual friends: take up hunting/fishing/hiking, start model railroading, go to church, search for j/o groups on craigslist, etc.
(I'm leaving off "get a motorcycle" and "go to the gym" because lol try to imagine that faggot trying to hang out with even the local Accountant Bike club. Or him trying to be Swoletax, even before his spin crumbled)

There's nothing for him to do all day but abuse pills and get drunk.

What he forgot, in all his "Oh sure 'just say no', whatever DAD" is that pain pill abuse is absolute hell on your body. It will fuck up your ability to take in nutrients like, say calcium and potassium, which your body uses to build & repair bone. Especially bones that are getting crammed and pressured into odd angles and held there for hours, as the signals your body would normally use to communicate "Hey dumbass, you are putting too much goddamn weight on your neck, turn over", aka pain, are now so muffled that you'll just keep on having your couch nap while destroying your cartilage.

Also everyone knows damn well that Koala's Mooch suffers from muh fibromyalgia, given to her by White Cis Men to keep her from over throwing them with her $2500 gaming. Sorry I mean video editing computer. Paid for by goon contributions to her 'microloan' program.
He’s definitely got a pill problem and it’s not just Ambien and wine, but it’s opiates. The entire timeline of the last ten years make a lot more sense if Lowtax is opiate addict. Getting addicted to opiates will bankrupt anyone eventually, it kills your productivity, ambition and causes you to make really, really bad decisions.

The “muh back pain” and not getting out of bed or doing jackshit all day are huge red flags of a depressed addict. The guy with “back problems” spending his day in a narcotic haze is a fucking stereotype it's so common. Once you take opiates for so long your pain sensors get screwed up and your pain tolerance becomes ridiculously low too. So I'm sure if he lessens his pill intake he finds the aches and pains intolerable because he's numbed himself for so long.

The "back pain" also becomes the default defense when people start questioning why you are eating so many pills and are stoned out of your gourd and staying in bed all day. These guys start clinging to their "back pain" for dear life because without it you have people saying you need to go to rehab and get help with your opiate addiction. Addicts will even get surgery because doctors get tired of hearing about all the pain and writing endless scripts, so they start requiring other types of interventions to keep treating the person demanding more and more pills every month. Legit doctors don't like to keep people on narcotics long term because it's not a long term solution. Then the addict points to the surgery as proof something is really wrong and keeps going for more and more pills. (It also points to why Lowtax wouldn't move to Canada via wifey to get free healthcare because he wouldn't be assured the pills he wants. Addicts are loathe to move to a place they don't know where to obtain their supply or mess up the supply/doctors they are currently using.)

People with honest to god broken backs don’t just give up on life and lay in bed all day. People with chronic pain, that aren’t addicts, manage to still be productive and get shit done. But depressed addicts curl up in bed and don't do jack shit all day because their life revolves around getting high/not getting dope sick.

It's occam's razor. Lowtax's constant talking about his back pain, his depression, being in bed all day and the complete unbelievable decline of SA from it's huge success and letting countless content opportunities slip through it's fingers out of sheer negligence makes perfect sense if the person in charge has addiction issues.

What's amazing is that no one on SA is pointing this out and instead just "poor Lowtax" and " chronic pain is the worst" and giving him money. A fundraiser for a rehab stay would be the best use of his windfall because giving an addict a large lump sum of money is just a disaster waiting to happen. No good will come of hooking an addict up with another free money supply, it just prolongs the problem or leads to their death. SA had been Lowtax's free money supply, but his addiction managed to fuck that up royally.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino