Infected Something Awful and Friends - The rollercoaster trainwreck embarassing downfall of a Web 1.0 giant.

• The Kiwi Farms is running a Fediverse Node, which is like Twitter but decentralized between many individual providers, similar to email. Feel free to sign up and follow me. There are many more services we federate with, and you will see all that content with one account. (Feedback thread.)

Maintenance is concluded.

Dreamland

Mural of coral and cold
kiwifarms.net
More Lowtax stuff:
I have been fucking living in a bed for over a year. I sleep and work in the basement. I usually go through the entire day without wearing pants. I play Xbox games in the nude. One time I accidently shit in the shower because i thought it was a fart, and i spent like 10 minutes trying to stomp that motherfucking log through the drain.
Man, imagine having a father like that.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Probably because, like many speculate, he's intentionally exaggerating his pain in order to get oxycotin
He claims to be allergic to opioids (I doubt it's a true allergy - that's not common), and also says that muscle relaxants weren't helping.

Lyrica is very much the drug of choice for chronic back pain these days so it would make sense if it's the cornerstone of his treatment. What wouldn't make sense is if that's the total treatment plan. Chronic pain is usually treated on a multi-disciplinary basis, but I don't know how that works in the US if your insurance won't cover it.

Reactions: Brain Problems

Gangster Talk

You lookin' at my gut?
kiwifarms.net
There's also that picture of LowT passed out on the couch, with Barefoot wine and pill bottle sitting prominently on the coffee table. He said those pills were for his cholesterol, but washing down cholesterol meds with wine seems like a good way to fry your liver.
If I recall correctly Lowtax posted a thread on the forum inviting people to come hang out at his office space out of the blue. 6 hours later one dude shows up and the door was unlocked so he walked in to find him passed out on a couch next to a bottle of wine and a bottle of pills, took a couple pictures of him, then took some stickers and left. My favorite goon adventure

e: Found a pic

Last edited:

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Has anyone ever actually posted any proof Lowtax is addicted to opiates, other than wishful thinking?
No. we only have what little he says and his behavior to go on. He’s not going to post his medical records so unless he admits it or his wife leaves and tells all we won’t ever have proof. It’s the backpain stuff and his own behavior that just makes it seem obvious the root of all his problems in the past years and why he just let a profitable business and community wither on the vine.

I don’t buy the “allergic to opiates” crap either @repentance , that’s something I’ve only heard from pill heads trying their best to deny they would ever take those pills when asked. Actual opiate allergy is so fucking rare it’s barely even been studied. He expects people to believe he had this major back surgery and then got by on Tylenol? Nope. Lyrica is also pretty low level for the unbearable pain Lowtax claims to be in everyday.

Ive known people with chronic pain and addicts with chronic pain and just plain addicts. One thing all the addicts had in common - no money, weird behavior and laying around all day in their PJs. People I’ve known with painful conditions that didn’t regularly take opiates still managed to be productive and weren’t dead ass broke.

The fact that Lowtax lays in bed all day points to addiction. If you have a bad back laying and sitting causes the most pain. People with bad backs are usually most comfortable standing or walking.

But it’s really about how he managed to piss away all this money and let a profitable business just rot from pure negligence- it’s classic behavior of an addict. I’m sure he is depressed too, but that goes hand in hand with addiction and laying around all day. All the stuff about his back pain and laying around naked all day just makes it a lot more obvious.

I mean he probably really does believe he has the worst back pain in the world - almost all prescription pill addicts claim the same thing.

But we probably won’t have proof until his supply of free money really runs dry. He will be the happiest little SA admin in the world while that money is floating him along.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No. we only have what little he says and his behavior to go on. He’s not going to post his medical records so unless he admits it or his wife leaves and tells all we won’t ever have proof. It’s the backpain stuff and his own behavior that just makes it seem obvious the root of all his problems in the past years and why he just let a profitable business and community wither on the vine.

I don’t buy the “allergic to opiates” crap either @repentance , that’s something I’ve only heard from pill heads trying their best to deny they would ever take those pills when asked. Actual opiate allergy is so fucking rare it’s barely even been studied. He expects people to believe he had this major back surgery and then got by on Tylenol? Nope. Lyrica is also pretty low level for the unbearable pain Lowtax claims to be in everyday.

Ive known people with chronic pain and addicts with chronic pain and just plain addicts. One thing all the addicts had in common - no money, weird behavior and laying around all day in their PJs. People I’ve known with painful conditions that didn’t regularly take opiates still managed to be productive and weren’t dead ass broke.

The fact that Lowtax lays in bed all day points to addiction. If you have a bad back laying and sitting causes the most pain. People with bad backs are usually most comfortable standing or walking.

But it’s really about how he managed to piss away all this money and let a profitable business just rot from pure negligence- it’s classic behavior of an addict. I’m sure he is depressed too, but that goes hand in hand with addiction and laying around all day. All the stuff about his back pain and laying around naked all day just makes it a lot more obvious.

I mean he probably really does believe he has the worst back pain in the world - almost all prescription pill addicts claim the same thing.

But we probably won’t have proof until his supply of free money really runs dry. He will be the happiest little SA admin in the world while that money is floating him along.
I don't really consider him a reliable narrator anyway. He talks about having checked out of the forums for half a decade in 2005 due to the forums bleeding into real life. Except that timeline implies that he checked back in some time during the last 9 years and that's not true. He's been an absent parent to the forums for all of that time. All that has varied is who was at the helm during his absence.

Nekromantik

I was phone!
kiwifarms.net
One thing I don't recall him mentioning, though, is any kind of physical rehabilitation therapy - which seems a bit odd.
It is. Rehabilitation is very important. I had a family member that had major back surgery a while back. It took him about a year with rehabilitation to really get back on his feet. He's doing fine now, if a little bit slower. Sad thing is he's twice Lowtax's age.

Dreamland

Mural of coral and cold
kiwifarms.net

I concur, my painful back actually all but disappeared when i took up running. Unless it's schiatic in nature it's usually because the muscles in your back become short and inflexible or weak (which a sitting life or one with unsafe lifting happens to cause). I haven't read into what kind of injury he has sustained but i like the story of "semi-famous admin and dedicated father now lives in basement like ogre and stomps shit down the shower as favorite pastime." , Very Chris-worthy i'd say.

• Informative

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino