Infected Something Awful and Friends - The rollercoaster trainwreck embarassing downfall of a Web 1.0 giant.

Silas

Sensitivity Expert
kiwifarms.net
I was actually shocked the schizo stalking him wasn’t Schmorky’s old girlfriend.
Mandy has moved on from paying attention to Something Awful. She hardly even pops in on Something Sensitive anymore. Most of her time online lately seems to be video games and the occasional tweet.

She did some nude cam modeling for a while but even that lost her interest quick.

• Informative
Reactions: Brain Problems

plattschwanz

Mork > Gork
kiwifarms.net
You know what? If I saw my life's work degenerate into a cesspool of triggered genderspecials shrieking about how Pewdepie is invading the Sudetenland with mods banning anyone who disagrees, I'd try to drink myself to death too.
It's pretty satisfying to think that moot got a job at Google and moved on with his life while Lowtax is still stuck in the same place as ever, despite the amount of goons who badmouthed the former for creating the internet hate machine.

Tealeaf

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's pretty satisfying to think that moot got a job at Google and moved on with his life while Lowtax is still stuck in the same place as ever, despite the amount of goons who badmouthed the former for creating the internet hate machine.
That's merely because Moot is a technical person who actually took part in developing and maintaining his web space. Lowtax is a community manager at best. The employment rate (and pay scale) between the two are worlds apart. A mediocre sysadmin and developer can always find a decent employment. Community managers are a dime a dozen and employers can pick the most agreeable, pleasant people to do it (absolutely NOT Lowtax).

That goes for Josh too. He's the main (and largely only) person responsible for keeping the farms online at all. For most of its existence, Josh has done side jobs to get money to spend on the farms.

Next Task

kiwifarms.net
Here's a random question. Why do people on Something Awful hate reddit? I think one sense, reddit is a more successful version of SA. It's one of the most popular websites in the world and even normies like to use it. Compared to SA which is dying a slow, sad death.

SA acts like reddit is only full of pedophile nazis. That might have been true ten years ago, but today people on reddit are pretty left. In fact, there are a lot of commie subs on reddit too like /r/ChapoTrapHouse. Of course, there are a lot of trans subreddits too.
To them, Reddit users are the same as they were ten years ago. If one Redditor posts something anywhere they don't like, all of Reddit is an unimaginable cesspool of alt-right Nazi gamergaters. They haven't banned KiA, after all - that must mean they're all Nazis.

I mean, we know that's ignoring how Reddit actually works in terms of subreddits and the like. And also that SA works in much the same way. But just like they REEEEEE every time one person's opinion veers from the required narrative, meaning SA has a terrible Nazi problem, Reddit is forever tainted because they don't ban anyone that the goons disagree with.

It's standard SJW, really. You are forever tainted by the crimes (perceived or real) from your past, one person saying one thing you don't like means that there's hordes of secret enemies waiting to murder you, and the narcissism of small differences. Throw in an unearned superiority complex and you almost have bingo.

CharlesBarkley

kiwifarms.net
You know what? If I saw my life's work degenerate into a cesspool of triggered genderspecials shrieking about how Pewdepie is invading the Sudetenland with mods banning anyone who disagrees, I'd try to drink myself to death too.
SA always had this problem of people sperging out over the dumbest shit and never letting anything go. Day one when Slowbeef forgot his autism medication and declared his hatred over a more successful vidya player back in 205 B.C it was declared divine law that one must hate PDP with a passion and anything positive was blasphemy. SA cant have discussions with various views, everyone is either 100% a hero or villian.

Grand daddy-lowtax in the future will be a broke ass dipshit writing another article about Notch for some communist tranny furry to post "lol he fat" in acceptance on his dead forum.

TheGreatCitracett

Wears a hat. Has a job. Brings home the bacon.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The only thing I remember about SA and reddit was their Ree ing over r/jailbait and how they shut it down.
Oh yes, the great singlehanded goon victory over those dang dirty pRedditors is like a feather in the taxman's fedora which he's still ridiculously proud of to this day, even though since then it's come out that SA was harboring far worse (and mods knew).

Also, part of the reason Lowtax hates Reddit so much is because as it really started to get popular and take off, GBS goons would openly refer to it as "the new GBS" in threads and holy shit he did not take that well at all.

I want to say for a while they banned you if you mentioned posting on reddit, which wasn't usually hard to find out because goons use the same username everywhere.

Brazen Wanker

kiwifarms.net
Oh yes, the great singlehanded goon victory over those dang dirty pRedditors is like a feather in the taxman's fedora which he's still ridiculously proud of to this day, even though since then it's come out that SA was harboring far worse (and mods knew).

Also, part of the reason Lowtax hates Reddit so much is because as it really started to get popular and take off, GBS goons would openly refer to it as "the new GBS" in threads and holy shit he did not take that well at all.

I want to say for a while they banned you if you mentioned posting on reddit, which wasn't usually hard to find out because goons use the same username everywhere.
Mods definitely knew.

eternal dog mongler

kiwifarms.net
I mean, we know that's ignoring how Reddit actually works in terms of subreddits and the like. And also that SA works in much the same way. But just like they REEEEEE every time one person's opinion veers from the required narrative, meaning SA has a terrible Nazi problem, Reddit is forever tainted because they don't ban anyone that the goons disagree with.
While Reddit fucking sucks and is trash, they do actually ban problematic subs that get way too violent.

The same cannot be said of SA, where posts about guillotining everyone richer than you is the norm.

Galaxy Harasser

NO. Magenta horsecock is foreboden.
kiwifarms.net
The goons' collective hatred towards Notch is also similar.

I remember in one thread a few years ago, they assumed that they were correct in their opinion that he was a friendless asshole because.... he wasn't in many of the pictures taken at his big house-warming party. You can really feel their underlying envy of him though.

Catgirl IRL

kiwifarms.net
Rich man bad.

They have a similar obsession with Mill Yananadingdong. Oh but we're nothing like those DOXXING FREAKS at KF, we just want to keep ourselves up to date with his activities by the second...

piss challenge

kiwifarms.net
i Just read through the last 100 or so odd pages of this thread this week and wow SA has gone even more downhill than I thought possible when I left. I really wonder if maplewife bailed at this point. Iirc she was pretty hot for a washed up internet celebrity with a cursed spine. I’m real curious about that situation, especially considering the tax man’s meltdown on twitter.

I originally joined SA for the gun forum years ago, but even that seemed to be getting pozzed up heavily. I have no idea, I haven’t even looked in there for the last two years or so. With the way the supreme faggot FAU runs the forums I’d be surprised if it still even exists after the NZ whack-a-muslim.

werewolf rape erotica

i got a cum tribute once
kiwifarms.net
i Just read through the last 100 or so odd pages of this thread this week and wow SA has gone even more downhill than I thought possible when I left.
I powered through about 400 pages of the thread about a month ago when I joined, and this sums up my thoughts exactly. Not to powerlevel too much, but I've been on SA since accounts were free, and for at least the last decade or so (actually more like going on 15 years, I guess) I haven't ventured far outside my bookmarked threads because in general it's been worthless to do so. Because of that a lot of the drama that's been documented here over the last 2-3 years was completely new to me, and it just shocks me how awful (derp) most of the forums have become.

I'll also mention that even before I came here I'd noticed over the last year or two that posting in general has slowed down dramatically. Some of the higher traffic threads like the multiple "bitch about IT" threads in SHSC only get a third or half the posts per day that they used to (and the ratio of virtue signalling/actual content has gotten way worse, too).

Now that I mention it, it occurs to me that I think I've posted more here in the last month than I have on SA in the last year, and I read SA every day.

I originally joined SA for the gun forum years ago, but even that seemed to be getting pozzed up heavily. I have no idea, I haven’t even looked in there for the last two years or so. With the way the supreme faggot FAU runs the forums I’d be surprised if it still even exists after the NZ whack-a-muslim.
TFR hasn't been too bad, but over the last year or so more and more leftist nonsense has started leaking in. TFR has always been leftist, but historically people in general haven't been complete morons about it. Also, D&D has tried to brigade a couple of times; so far, the mods have told those people to fuck off, but we'll see if that continues. It's a shame, too, because TFR is at least a halfway decent place to get reasonably non-biased advice about gun stuff.

soy

kiwifarms.net
I'll also mention that even before I came here I'd noticed over the last year or two that posting in general has slowed down dramatically. Some of the higher traffic threads like the multiple "bitch about IT" threads in SHSC only get a third or half the posts per day that they used to (and the ratio of virtue signalling/actual content has gotten way worse, too).
Yeah, the only really active threads are the echo chamber threads in c-spam.

Pretty much every other forum you risk being banned or probated for at least several days or a month if you post anything even remotely offensive to anyone. Most sane people end up only posting white noise as a result.

• Agree
Reactions: Brain Problems

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino