Bigot Brigade Something Awful and Friends - The rollercoaster trainwreck embarassing downfall of a Web 1.0 giant.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v5.0

Shitlord
Verified Kiwileak
kiwifarms.net
I went and looked in canpol and he had a different wall of autism posted there.

View attachment 699693

In both cases, the mods went in and spoilered the text for god knows what reason.
Well shit, now THAT is the kind of post I should have left SS with!

Aran put me back in so I can post that pls k thx.

Frank N Berry

kiwifarms.net

According to AV Club Lowtax was going to shut down his only source of income, but the donations of goons were able to save the site.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

According to AV Club Lowtax was going to shut down his only source of income, but the donations of goons were able to save the site.
That article is horrible. He praises the moderation of SA??? Has he visted it in the last decade? The Moderation at SA is why it’s at death’s door. He also states it keeps out the right wing trash, because there’s nothing like a left-wing echo chamber to bring the comedy. The fear these guys have of differing opinions is amazing.

I know when I joined SA in 2004 my main concern was finding a safe space that didn’t allow non-PC opinions or thoughts!

Ghostse

Waffle SS Untermenchenfurher
kiwifarms.net

Yes the entirely solvant, paying for itself SA was in danger of being shut down if a (literal) spineless jobshy footfetishist wasn't given $60,000. That was definitely going to happen. lol.

He sure was a winner in the Climate Change thread, had well over 200 posts there until he got banned from it.

As for what he was posting:

View attachment 700080
View attachment 700078
View attachment 700077
View attachment 700075

Just look at this cow's posts in the climate change thread while the paywall's down. It's some hilarious shit.
Wow, that's a unique take on climate change. He's worried both about huge flooding, and an ice age? Most people at least pick one.

LifeguardHermit

Broad Sweeping Generalizations about Garfield
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can't upset the special snowflakes by possibly exposing them to something negative.
The moderation there has always been laughable at best and outright exceptional at worst

I went and looked in canpol and he had a different wall of autism posted there.

View attachment 699693

In both cases, the mods went in and spoilered the text for god knows what reason.

I have not been there for ages but I remember around the time I left starting to question my own political stance. At the time I was confused and considered myself to be an amlibdem but I couldnt fathom treating people they way they did for having differing opinions. Now I just understand that this was that neo-lib-destroy-murrica movement picking up and i wasnt just the odd man out by feeling offput by this.

On a lulz side note: I actually knew one of the mods irl (i cant remember his online handle because lol over a decade ago and he was into that ghey lycanthropy bullshit which included his name) but I remember him being obsessed with what he refered to as a "civil war between normie goons and otherkin goons"

eww.

dingle

kiwifarms.net
Can't believe they permaed chairmaster, the best poster on SA. He reminds me of tobleronetriangular.

I firmly believe you can't have a good internet community without a heaping helping of abnormal psych, and if you ban people for being abnormal in unapproved ways then there's no one to fuck with the people being abnormal in approved ways and then you end up with the troon megathread

Last edited:

werewolf rape erotica

SHOVE IT UP YOUR UGLY ASS!
kiwifarms.net
Wow, that's a unique take on climate change. He's worried both about huge flooding, and an ice age? Most people at least pick one.
That's what's so great about global warming climate change-- you can bend it to fit your needs, whatever they may be! Flooding? Climate change! Drought? Climate change! Heat wave? Climate change! Cold snap? Climate change!

That's what's so great about global warming climate change-- you can bend it to fit your needs, whatever they may be! Flooding? Climate change! Drought? Climate change! Heat wave? Climate change! Cold snap? Climate change!
To be honest, they can call it whatever they want, what'll get me to pay attention would be them having their theory predict something in the future accurately, rather than come up with a post-hoc explanation for how the weather we already had totally fits their theory.

So far it's about as solid a theory as the people who keep predicting the end of the world based on obscure texts from dead civilizations. The world's gonna end in 2000. No wait 2012. No wait 2016. I meant 2020, of course.

What's the current slated "We're fucked" timeframe? Is AOC's 12 years still valid, or have we moved it out again?

If the world is, in fact, not flooded and utterly fucked by 2030, will the global warming people admit they were at least partially wrong? Or will it just be 12 years from CurrentDate, always?

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The AV Club would be such a great site ... if it weren't completely overrun with SJWs with TDS and can no longer fathom that a lot of people want their entertainment, the thing their site is ostensibly about, to be escapism.

But no, to them 'escapism' means 'how does this fit in with my political values'? One of their writers supporting the moderation at SA is par for the course, now. It's sad, really.

TheGreatCitracett

Your American Boyfriend
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The AV Club would be such a great site ... if it weren't completely overrun with SJWs with TDS and can no longer fathom that a lot of people want their entertainment, the thing their site is ostensibly about, to be escapism.

But no, to them 'escapism' means 'how does this fit in with my political values'? One of their writers supporting the moderation at SA is par for the course, now. It's sad, really.
Escapism is "white privilege" now. The noble PoCs don't have the luxury of being able to shut up about racism and just enjoy something for even five minutes.

So say the (undoubtedly white) goons at least.

Next Task

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Escapism is "white privilege" now. The noble PoCs don't have the luxury of being able to shut up about racism and just enjoy something for even five minutes.

So say the (undoubtedly white) goons at least.
Yeah, I've seen that argument before - 'you only don't think everything is political because of your privilege, REEEEE!'
The best response to this is for someone from the marginalised, or even a marginalised group - to say something like, 'No, it's because I have to deal with this all the time that I want a break from it occasionally.' So much of this sort of REEEEing also comes from people who are lacking in empathy, and/or narcissists - 'everyone must think about things the way I do! The same amount that I do! If they don't they're bad people.'

I still wish there were good alternatives to The AV Club though.

Anime is Blood

kiwifarms.net

If i thought Lowtax made this narrative on his own he would be a genius but he is just fortunate that so many people are stupid enough to think that he is the same thing as a forum.

Newsflash, the guy doesn't work and the forums have been his only source of income for twenty years. He isn't somehow magically independently generating money to struggle to keep an unprofitable venture going. It just isn't profitable enough to keep him comfortable with no other income anymore. Good job goons tricking yourselves into buying hearthstone pulls and booze and thinking you are saving something completely unrelated.

Speaking of escapism, politics, and lefties, I find Shamus Young to be quite enjoyable to read. He's clearly got some lefty politics, but he realizes people don't want to stew in that shit 24/7. So his site has a no politics rule that's pretty well followed, and they just talk about game stuff.

Now, maybe a 50,000 word dissertation on why mass effect 2 sucked sounds really stupid to you, and if so, maybe it's not the place for you. But there is actual discussion of games happening out there, even with people on the left side of the political spectrum.

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So did we ever hear if Chairmaster succeeded in getting enough attention to prevent his totally serious suicide attempt? I'm just curious if how far the dude was willing to go to get the forums to pay attention to him. I guess it only partly succeeded since they seem to have scrubbed any mention of it off the forums.