Infected Something Awful and Friends - The rollercoaster trainwreck embarassing downfall of a Web 1.0 giant.

Weppers

kiwifarms.net
I went looking again for the old 2016 Election Night threads, and realized that C-SPAM has never archived its posts. Stuff like this:

View attachment 889500

Is still fully viewable.
No threads have gone into archives since May or July of 2014. Nothing has left the live forums in five years. GBS as it exists now under forum id #273 instead of id #1 has every thread ever posted in it live and unarchived. You might be able to find the 2014 elections thread in D&D.

Fake edit: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3534475 and here it is.

Ahriman

Vivere Militare Est.
kiwifarms.net
It was the time before anime was as popular as it is now and on some sites weebs had the same reputation as furries.

In 2003 there was a large crackdown on SA's undesirables, including people who were into loli stuff.

This resulted in everyone on ADTRW being treated like a possible pedophile so bans were being handed out left and right. The actual pedos like Marshal Banana didn't help.

At the same time moot and Shii launched 4chan because they were fascinated by 2channel.
And this is why I remind everyone that SA pretty much made "weebs" a thing as we know today. Those same SA weebs ironically made "bronies" a thing on /tv/ as well.

Fuck, SA is responsible for many, many shit plaguing the internet these days, when you really think about it.

Goodbye Horses

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And this is why I remind everyone that SA pretty much made "weebs" a thing as we know today. Those same SA weebs ironically made "bronies" a thing on /tv/ as well.

Fuck, SA is responsible for many, many shit plaguing the internet these days, when you really think about it.
Troons too.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net

IIRC it was an ImpZone poster who inadvertantly got MLP banned from SA. They remade the OP and goons couldn't behave themselves in the thread, despite the Impzone OP making the thread in earnest. Thus it spread to 4chan since Goons can't think of anything past their backyard. I think the OP also got perma'd over it, and ponies being banned I think was one of the catalysts which lead to people investigating Aatrek.

Now it's been 10 years and the reboot is of MLP is on the horizon.

Much like everything in a Goon's life, they fail because they're so short sighted.

hemolyzer

US Marine Appreciator and/or Muslim Disrespector.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The 2016 election night thread was hard to find since it stayed open until February, but I eventually found it. Louisgod's meltdown was just delicious:

And there's so many other meltdowns in that thread as well. The forums are blocking my archiving attempts, which is just shameful.
lol

Jesus Christ it goes on for 21 pages. He really is a soy brained faggot.

Peasant

kiwifarms.net

I remember a conspiracy theory posted to 4chan some years ago that linked Something Awful to Shit Reddit Says, which if true, would make them also partly responsible for the rise of the SJWs. Shame I didn't save the post.

• Informative
Reactions: Brain Problems
I remember a conspiracy theory posted to 4chan some years ago that linked Something Awful to Shit Reddit Says, which if true, would make them also partly responsible for the rise of the SJWs. Shame I didn't save the post.
It wasn’t a conspiracy, SRS was literally just a way for SA users to troll/parody reddit. Over time it got bandwagonned by people who weren’t in on the joke.

The Grognard

kiwifarms.net
That was simply the first symptoms of a larger trend that a lot of people got to see for the first time. They should instead examine how many goons ended up becoming "respectable" journalists instead because a bunch of people back in LF figured that no company would care about their complaints if they just go by their pseudonyms on some internet board but most certainly do care if you're Jeb Lund, working for the Guardian or some other pseudo-leftist rag that figured out that you can get more words per buck if you just find a 20 something to write about -isms rather than anyone who knows how valuable their hours actually are.

DanteAlighieri

Anti authoritarian asshole asshole
kiwifarms.net
how do you figure that?
Because they've completely destroyed any semblance of bipartisanship or cross-aisle discussion. By blanketing everyone right of Stalin as literally Hitler/Richard Spencer/the KKK they removed any possible way to find common ground. They went full nuclear and burned every damn bridge making it so the only common ground, the marketplace of ideas, is dominated by radical communists and progressives who literally want everybody else dead.

We think they're wrong, they think we're evil and want us dead. The words racist, sexist, bigoted, Nazi, white supremacist have absolutely zero meaning anymore because they've been used constantly for people from Ron Paul to Ted Cruz to Orthodox Jew Ben Shapiro since Reagan. People like Joe Rogan who has an honest belief in talking to people with differing views are called the same, despite believing in many of the same things.

Fuck them. Please rate me Mad, because I am.

Ahriman

Vivere Militare Est.
kiwifarms.net
It wasn’t a conspiracy, SRS was literally just a way for SA users to troll/parody reddit. Over time it got bandwagonned by people who weren’t in on the joke.
Yup, what he said. I also agree that it brought SJWs into the mainstream.

Seriously, every single piece of online faggotry can be traced back to SA somehow.

Ebonic Tutor

"Shitposting at any cost."
kiwifarms.net
Yup, what he said. I also agree that it brought SJWs into the mainstream.

Seriously, every single piece of online faggotry can be traced back to SA somehow.
There has been a rumor, with no evidence that I can think of that SA was a CIA op. I could almost see it as a test ground for their goofier shit, some of which I believe worked.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino