Something that I noticed about the shift in mainstream perception of Millennials (That most people happen to overlook.)

True and Honest Nibba

kiwifarms.net
Roughly 10 years ago; we were most frequently perceived as perjorative 'toxic masculine, homophobic, hedonistic, douchey, wasteful, unconscious, shallow, inconsiderate, empathetically impaired thuggish 'swagfags' (back when that was still within the zeitgeist vernicular) and 'anti-intellectual orange spraytanned cumdumpster kardashian-esque stacy bimbo whores.'

Within the past half a decade; the stereotypes of millennials among the media morphed into the absolute contrasting archetype - 'fraile, fragile, pushovery, hypersensitive, overeducated, overly courteous beta soyboy hipster pansies who care too much about the world and are too averse to being within the proximity of cooch due to obsessive social anxiety and fears of wronging le empowering sacred wahmen'

What did they mean by this? Which one is it? Social darwinist alphabro YOLO swaggers? Or hipster pinko sissy femboy bing bing wahooers?

Last edited:

Erich Honecker

General Secretary of Dance Dance Revolution
kiwifarms.net
A few elements of the old millennial culture just died out from relentless mocking. The swagfags you mentioned for instance, and also hipsters and emos. They were shat on so hard that all people who used to fit into those stereotypes now cringe at how they used to look/behave.

In addition, with the change of the cultural mood in the mid-2010s, the old politically incorrect and edgy elements of millennial culture have now been made thoroughly out of date and are condemned in the mainstream. The lecturing progressive Tumblr/Livejournal types always existed, but before they were the minority, now they feel vindicated and moved to platforms like Twitter with much more influence from which they can dictate to other millennials how "everything you used to like is problematic and wrong". Normies fall in line so they don't get in any social trouble.

What's interesting is that the same thing happened with Gen Z but at a much earlier age. There was that brief period of a couple years (2015-2017ish) where people talked about "Generation Zyklon" and how they were going to be the most right-wing generation in decades. I vividly remember people on Twitter and Reddit lamenting how the youngins were too edgy and insensitive and had too much of a liking for far-right memeing. That was quashed pretty quickly however, and now we see the main cultural mouthpieces of Gen Z culture since then (2018 to now) are overwhelmingly left-wing and progressive. It makes you wonder what they're going to be like in their 30s, if they'll stick with shit like the transgender LARPing and the Twitter cancelling, or if they'll look back and cringe on it at a later age.

IMO though the generations need to be cut down a bit to understand this a bit better. My generation (mid-90s born) feels closer to late millennials than whatever shit is going on with the post-2000 born kids. Equally so, I imagine that the early millennials (1980-1985) are more shaped by Gen X culture and, at least anecdotally speaking, seem to be a bit more politically apathetic.

Key the Metal Shitposter

kiwifarms.net
A few elements of the old millennial culture just died out from relentless mocking. The swagfags you mentioned for instance, and also hipsters and emos. They were shat on so hard that all people who used to fit into those stereotypes now cringe at how they used to look/behave.

In addition, with the change of the cultural mood in the mid-2010s, the old politically incorrect and edgy elements of millennial culture have now been made thoroughly out of date and are condemned in the mainstream. The lecturing progressive Tumblr/Livejournal types always existed, but before they were the minority, now they feel vindicated and moved to platforms like Twitter with much more influence from which they can dictate to other millennials how "everything you used to like is problematic and wrong". Normies fall in line so they don't get in any social trouble.

What's interesting is that the same thing happened with Gen Z but at a much earlier age. There was that brief period of a couple years (2015-2017ish) where people talked about "Generation Zyklon" and how they were going to be the most right-wing generation in decades. I vividly remember people on Twitter and Reddit lamenting how the youngins were too edgy and insensitive and had too much of a liking for far-right memeing. That was quashed pretty quickly however, and now we see the main cultural mouthpieces of Gen Z culture since then (2018 to now) are overwhelmingly left-wing and progressive. It makes you wonder what they're going to be like in their 30s, if they'll stick with shit like the transgender LARPing and the Twitter cancelling, or if they'll look back and cringe on it at a later age.

IMO though the generations need to be cut down a bit to understand this a bit better. My generation (mid-90s born) feels closer to late millennials than whatever shit is going on with the post-2000 born kids. Equally so, I imagine that the early millennials (1980-1985) are more shaped by Gen X culture and, at least anecdotally speaking, seem to be a bit more politically apathetic.
I feel like the gen z mouthpieces are seen as ovewhelmingly left wing only because right after 2018 is when edgy zoomer ecelebs started getting purged from mainstream platforms. at least, that is how it seems to me.

LeChampion1992

The true Le Champion
kiwifarms.net
Starting from 2011-2021 I've seen my generation lose its mind in real time. In the early 2010s you had trans people but they were very much the outside. If you just wanted to crossdress as a fetish that was cool. But a very nefarious and subtle evil snuck in.

It started online with the best of intentions. Like I want to live in a safe, inclusive welcoming place I think we all do. But within the first few weeks to months there would be a big honeymoon phase and things could only go up.

Then we would inevitably have issues at first it would be the loudmouth who had issues first and almost everyone had some issue with the loudmouth. So we would kick them out to be more welcoming. However in kicking out the loudmouth the minority in charge would say they feel more problematic behaviors eventually one of them would become a mod and from there they would begin to use and abuse their power. I cant tell you how many groups and communities online while weird or normal would have this issue.

People would form group, group goes well. group would ask to be inclusive, it becomes inclusive, honeymoon period works out for everyone.

Then it's the annoying loudmouth of the group we gotta get rid of they're causing problems, then it becomes X member who got into a fight. Usually after a couple of times the old mods/admins would either add them into the ranks or a mod shit storm would brew.

Usually after the shitstorm with mods occurs a purge within the mods occur. From their websites would start cracking down on innocuous/edgy content.

So no more fat hate or gay jokes now bub. Ohh you laughed an N word joke and posted that 4 years ago. Say goodbye to your account buddy. Generally the debates on politics would eventually become so one sided to the left that right leaning people would be forced onto their own place.

Give this mindset about a decade and a half to deep into the internet communities and it's no wonder the real world is also turning into utter shit.