Songs That Give You Feels -

This song was playing when we were sitting under the stars on the hood of my car. The light and gentle breeze flowing through her long, brown hair. A deep conversation that seemed endless in the night. She was the perfect girl for me. The one that got away....

Reactions: Positron

Bob Page

Electronic Old Gendo Ikari
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Say what you want about Green Day, I grew up on them. This song in particular holds a special place in my heart because back in 2011, My grandmother's breast cancer, which was in remission for 40 years until that point, had come back with a vengeance. Around the fall season, like the start of october, she had gone into a coma as the varying side effects of the cancer worsened her condition. When I got home from school early one day, I went to see her and I swore I never cried as much as I did in that moment. After we left the hospital, this song started playing over the radio and it really struck a nerve with me. A day later, she died and it was heartbreaking for me. I'll always remember those days whenever I hear this song play. God, I miss my grandmother so fucking much.

Steve Winwood

kiwifarms.net
read the thread and saw some aphex twin feels, but no autechre feels

pronounced "sickly"

Flutter is famous for being a legitimate protest song against a UK parliament passed act:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_Justice_and_Public_Order_Act_1994
http://www.factmag.com/2017/02/25/autechre-gear-synths-samplers-drum-machines-effects/
The R-8 isn’t held up on the same pedestal as the 808 or 909, but it’s far more advanced, featuring velocity-sensitive pads for jamming out more natural rhythms and the ability to sequence external gear via MIDI. It was this latter feature that Autechre made the most of, most notably on ‘Flutter’, the duo’s musical riposte to the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act of 1994, which outlawed unauthorised outdoor raves involving “repetitive beats”.

“Flutter has been programmed in such a way that no bars contain identical beats and can therefore be played under the proposed new law,” it said on the record sleeve. However, we advise DJs to have a lawyer and a musicologist present at all times to confirm the non-repetitive nature of the music in the event of police harassment.” According to Booth, it was all programmed using the R-8’s pads, which triggered a sampler to create melodies and an Alesis QuadraVerb for delay and reverb.

Last edited:

Positron

Ready to explain photosynthesis to Bill Nye
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The album that this piece comes from, Visual, demands to be played on a high-end system. The music sounds very banal if listened on ordinary gear; the delicate sound textures only reveal themselves in highly resolving equipment.

Bob Page

Electronic Old Gendo Ikari
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Whenever I listen to this song, It reminds me of the pain I feel when remembering those close to me that are now long gone. The feels... live within this song.

• Feels
Reactions: Dorsia.Reservation

WhiskeyZuluLima

kiwifarms.net
  • an ex of mine who lived other side of the world for 9 months of the year - damn she was good fun;
  • and I'm a fucking nerd who gets upset over video game characters so R.I.P. Alvin H. "Chopper" Davenport, you motormouth bastard, you made Ace Combat 5 something special in my life.

Reactions: sunnyflowers99

Shaftie

one small heart beat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Beyond the feelings I get from the nostalgia from these songs, there's something special in how this extremely small band in the U.K. meant so much to me when I was younger.

"He suddenly realizes, realizes that a lot of people probably want the same things he does, a great job, a beautiful wife, happiness, and even if you're lucky enough to get even some of it, it only takes a moment and it can all be taken away from you." - Felix Massie

Trilby

I got stupid cool hip-hop style!
kiwifarms.net
Every time this pops up on the radio, I always think of my mom (also named the same). Not bad for a Monkee...

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino