Songs That Make You Cry -

ADN_VIII

My legs are OK
kiwifarms.net
Dalai Lama by Rammstein brought me to serious tears the first time I listened to it and read the lyrics at the same time. The synopsis is that a boy and his father are on a flight to meet mom and celebrate her birthday, but God calls the boy to his side, causing a storm, and the father holds his son so tightly to keep him safe that he accidentally smothers him.

English wise, Throw Away by Blue Stahli does it for me, since the song is a despondent parent consoling a suicidal child.

• Feels
Reactions: ShittyRecolor

Maiden-TieJuan

Your roving Californialand reporter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I dated a guy back in college that was heavy into drugs (so was I at the time) who had tried rehab so many times, and it never took. He was extremely bipolar, and suicidal, and the drugs never helped. He ND I went to see the Division Bell tour together, and the song "Wish You Were Here" made him bawl when they played it. We ended up going our seperate ways, and a couple months later he laid down on a train track and died. Every time I hear this I remember him, and him crying over this song, and I bawl like a baby.

Assorted Nuts

Salty
kiwifarms.net

The only song that's ever made me shed even a single tear. I actually can't listen to it because it takes me to some really bad places. Bowie dying made it a million times worse too.

• Feels
Reactions: D. Sweatshirt

Hypodermic Johnny

I fucknut. You fucknut. He/she/we, fucknut.
kiwifarms.net

This movie and song didn't used to make me cry...until I lost the horse that I had that looked exactly like Spirit to an accident that exacerbated an otherwise completely treatable case of colic.

I still miss you, Gigi. The awards we won together are worthless compared to the happiness you once brought me, girl.

D. Sweatshirt

Shit's real, grip the wheel, lift steel
kiwifarms.net

Reminds me of the first time I ever really fell in love with someone and got loved back. Probably will always get emotional when I hear it.

Fucking beautiful. I wish Jaco had never died when he did; he was an awesome bassist with a lot of awesome ideas.

LagoonaBlue

Harriet Louise Connor (No bully; have Autism)
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
Fix You by Coldplay used to make me cry when I was younger. Most of Coldplay's stuff is pretty damn depressing but this one always used to make me sad. I can't remember why.

As an adult, I don't think I've cried over a song. Yes, certain songs make me sad, but I don't cry.

Shaftie

one small heart beat
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

This one makes me cry sometimes for personal reasons, a love song that brings back memories of an old girl does that.

This song is just super emotional, and it's been used in a few films I've seen to make things even sadder, looking up translations of the lyrics made it even worse

"Sing, nightingale, sing, you of the joyous heart.
Your heart is to laugh, mine is to cry.
I've loved you for a long time, I will never forget you."

V

VJ 120

kiwifarms.net
and this one destroys me, it's about bipolar disorder:
I love this song, and it totally makes me cry too. It's in my iTunes library but I usually end up skipping it every time because of feels.

As for something new to this thread, this song (particularly this rendition of it) slays me every time. It reminds me of someone close to me that I eventually ended up cutting out of my life due to his severe, toxic alcoholism.

Reactions: Becquerel

Ryuuzaki (L)

Disney lawsuit incoming
kiwifarms.net
No other song give me as much feels as this song.
They make me remind of my mother who i love so much (who doesn't).
Also the lyrics are really depressive

This song also somehow manages to make me depressed.
again because my mother always called me her diamond

Syaoran Li

Oh what a night! Late December back in '63...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As someone who grew up in the coalfields of Appalachia and whose family's roots run deep there, this song makes me cry every time, especially the chorus.

I was born on this mountain, this mountain's my home
And she holds me and keeps me from worry and woe
Well, they took everything that she gave, now they're gone
But I'll die on this mountain, this mountain's my home

Tags
None