Songs that "Suck So Good" - A thread for sperging about songs and artists that are so bad, they're good.

SavorySheikah

Penis Music Connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
Music that's so bad, it's good. Let's talk about it.
Whether it's terrible songs that you enjoy ironically, bad/lackluster songs from otherwise good artists, or bands and songs that desperately want to be taken seriously but just can't because they're so corny or cringey, this is the thread to turn to if you wanna discuss them.

The first band I'd nominate is Nickelback, a band synonymous with ironic enjoyment and the sub-genre of butt rock. At their worst, they make laughable garbage. At their best, they make shit like Photograph, which is still laughable garbage:
You see, the thing about Nickelback is that you can tell they want to be taken seriously so fucking bad but, in the end, you just can't take them seriously because come on, it's fucking Nickelback.

Limp Bizkit is another band that fits that criteria. Most nu metal bands are, in all honesty. But Limp Bizkit especially. They do that thing that a lot of nu metal acts like to do where they go "oooh look at me I'm so angsty and badass, hear me sing about destroying shit cuz' edgy teenagers'll eat that shit up!" Except Limp Bizkit isn't really good at doing that.
Fred Durst is trying so hard to be cool and badass, but it just feels like he's a 30-year-old dad trying to be cool around his teen kids and it's the funniest fucking shit. I bet Fred Durst is pretty obnoxious irl, though.

The music made by The Black Eyed Peas in the latter years of their existence, and even a few of the songs will.i.am made during his solo career. A lot of people say that their music is kinda shit but I'll admit, those songs were bangers. I grew up at a time when they were bumpin Scream and Shout at school dances, so I tend to look at The Black Eyed Peas with a pair of rose-tinted goggles so my opinion of them may be different than yours.

If we take a little trip over the border into Canada, we have Canadian Country Man by Adam Wendler. It's a dumb novelty song with kinda obnoxious vocals about, well, being a Canadian country man. I myself am an American city woman, so I can't confirm if this depiction of Canadian country life is 100% accurate (which it probably isn't) but the song is still pretty catchy nonetheless.

Some other examples I particularly find to suck so good include, but aren't limited to:

• Krabby Step, a song made for the 2020 Spongebob movie. This song doesn't deserve to slap as hard as it does.
  • Replay by Iyaz. If someone asks you what R&B was like in the late 2000's, just play them this.
  • The Penalty Box by Dave Schultz. Yes, the Dave "The Hammer" Schultz made a cheesy love song with a shit ton of hockey puns. Destined to suck so good from the get-go.
  • Balls in yo Jaws. It exists. That's all I can really say about it.
What are some more songs that are so bad they're good?

Mnutu

kiwifarms.net
Music that's so bad, it's good. Let's talk about it.
Whether it's terrible songs that you enjoy ironically, bad/lackluster songs from otherwise good artists, or bands and songs that desperately want to be taken seriously but just can't because they're so corny or cringey, this is the thread to turn to if you wanna discuss them.

The first band I'd nominate is Nickelback, a band synonymous with ironic enjoyment and the sub-genre of butt rock. At their worst, they make laughable garbage. At their best, they make shit like Photograph, which is still laughable garbage:
You see, the thing about Nickelback is that you can tell they want to be taken seriously so fucking bad but, in the end, you just can't take them seriously because come on, it's fucking Nickelback.

Limp Bizkit is another band that fits that criteria. Most nu metal bands are, in all honesty. But Limp Bizkit especially. They do that thing that a lot of nu metal acts like to do where they go "oooh look at me I'm so angsty and badass, hear me sing about destroying shit cuz' edgy teenagers'll eat that shit up!" Except Limp Bizkit isn't really good at doing that.
Fred Durst is trying so hard to be cool and badass, but it just feels like he's a 30-year-old dad trying to be cool around his teen kids and it's the funniest fucking shit. I bet Fred Durst is pretty obnoxious irl, though.

The music made by The Black Eyed Peas in the latter years of their existence, and even a few of the songs will.i.am made during his solo career. A lot of people say that their music is kinda shit but I'll admit, those songs were bangers. I grew up at a time when they were bumpin Scream and Shout at school dances, so I tend to look at The Black Eyed Peas with a pair of rose-tinted goggles so my opinion of them may be different than yours.

If we take a little trip over the border into Canada, we have Canadian Country Man by Adam Wendler. It's a dumb novelty song with kinda obnoxious vocals about, well, being a Canadian country man. I myself am an American city woman, so I can't confirm if this depiction of Canadian country life is 100% accurate (which it probably isn't) but the song is still pretty catchy nonetheless.

Some other examples I particularly find to suck so good include, but aren't limited to:

• Krabby Step, a song made for the 2020 Spongebob movie. This song doesn't deserve to slap as hard as it does.
  • Replay by Iyaz. If someone asks you what R&B was like in the late 2000's, just play them this.
  • The Penalty Box by Dave Schultz. Yes, the Dave "The Hammer" Schultz made a cheesy love song with a shit ton of hockey puns. Destined to suck so good from the get-go.
  • Balls in yo Jaws. It exists. That's all I can really say about it.
What are some more songs that are so bad they're good?
Dare not to badmouth Durst, the man is on another plane of existence and he should be appreciated.
00C95961-A6D7-44EE-AB56-488276E8CC05.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Agent Abe Caprine

Is being stupid again
kiwifarms.net
This song that plays at the end of God Hand.
Sodom's cover of Surfin' Bird.
Behold, the greatest song from that one Spider-Man musical. A Freak Like Me Needs Company.
Sid Vicious's cover of My Way.
Almost Dead by Powerman 5000 from the Shadow the Hedgehog OST. I could put pretty much every song from that game on here, but I won't. Sega didn't even need to bother making an ost for this. Just have that song loop. That's how Ow the Edge this song is.

Fun song, though.
Let's take a break from all that rockin' edge. You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack.

Quintex96

kiwifarms.net

This one is a bit of a special case because this song (and Sum 41) as whole were great way back when. But now this song is now forever ironically funny because of the chorus-

"I don't wanna waste my time
Become another casualty of society
I'll never fall in line
Become another victim of your conformity
And back down"

The first half is funny because of what happened to Deryck Whibley, The second half is funny beause the whole pseudo skater chic was in at the time so everybody was conforming.

Agent Abe Caprine

Is being stupid again
kiwifarms.net
My Dick is a novelty band that changes every song they cover into a song about well, dicks. Not men named Dick, but dangle dicks.
Lecher Bitch by Genitorturers is so trashy, it's amazing. It's exactly what you'd expect from a band called Genitorturers.
Want to hear about that time in Lidl?
Contra! Thirty guys! Enter in this code for thirty lives!