Sonichu Sonichu - The Final Issue (How would that go?)

• Registration is closed without referral. This is a website about Internet drama.

We need a 3PL

Count Olaf

The Swedish term for beef that is roasted
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No, sadly I don't have a fan-fic series finale for Sonichu, this is just something I wondered about.

All stories have an end, a last chapter, a series finale, a final issue...but alas, Sonichu remains unfinished. How could the story of Sonichu...or I suppose Christian Weston Chandler the comic book "hero" actually end?

Or to ask the question another way, if (hypothetically speaking) Chris were to write the final issue of Sonichu (and yes I know, he probably never would) how do you think he would close the book on his own creation and his own Gary Stu character?

Count Olaf

The Swedish term for beef that is roasted
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think it will never happen by Chris' hands since he should be dead before the last issue.

Yes, I know. But again, lets say that hypothetically speaking he did draw a final issue. How would it end? How COULD the story end?

NegaCWC

kiwifarms.net
I would say that Chris doesn't doesn't see a need for a final issue of Sonichu. Chris believes that all cartoon and comic characters live in a separate universe à la Roger Rabbit. It's been ages since I've seen that film, but didn't they say there that cartoon characters never die so long as they don't touch that chemical the villain concocted? If so, for Chris there's no reason for Sonichu's story in the comics to ever end since his IRL* story will never end. I remember seeing Chris saying that he is OK with other people making Sonichu comics so long that they're making them in accord with Chris's taste. Based on this, I wouldn't be surprised if Chris wants his franchise to outlive its creator, similar to how Batman and Superman are outliving their creatores

*When I say IRL I mean what Chris perceives as IRL.

Tavern Explorer

Soul Beyblader
kiwifarms.net
Knowing Chris's ability with being original, an ending to the comic would probably be quite standard. After a long, awfully drawn fight scene featuring any main villains that he remembers he made, Chris would save his heartsweet and the bad guys would all be beaten, leaving the cast of good guys to end the comic walking back toward the mayor's building or something to continue living their "perfect" (by Chris's standards, anyway) lives forever.

Pikonic

Pre Merge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nobody knew the rainbows power was only temporary. The chaotic combo fades away leaving only memories. Sonichu struggles to say his final words before turning back to Pikachu.
"Father, I love you, thank you for-----pika"
Chris sobs like a bitch over the Pikachu. Then they turn to see a very pissed off BOY Raichu.
Rosechu, his power restored, kills them with thunderbolt.
Now only Bionic and his brother remain, working together to restore sanity to CWCville.

The End.

Last edited:

José Mourinho

The Special One
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think Sonichu 10 sort of makes an ending to this whole series.

The trolls are defeated and along with Count Graduon, the jerkops and Slaweel Ryan are no longer evil (or something), Crystal was free, the Chaotic Crystals were found etc. and all the Sonichus and Rosechus lived happy ever after.

But if there were another finale after these, it would probably be where Sonichu sobs over his father's death, and then before Chris's death, he would deliver a memorable message for all of us.

A-Stump

Dr Robotdick
kiwifarms.net
The 'Jacob's Ladder' version

In the last pages, it would show Chris happily married. The Sonichus and Rosechus, their enemies vanquished, return to a life of peace. In the world of CWCville, everything is peachy and sunshiney.

Then the last panel shows Chris dying of AIDS, alone in a dirty hospital bed, with the drawings of the Chaotic Combo around him. It turns out his adventures were the product of a hallucination brought upon by experimental HIV drugs. The world around him that he had known has died and moved in, and in one final moment of clarity, he curses Michael Snyder and dies.

NegaCWC

kiwifarms.net
I think Sonichu 10 sort of makes an ending to this whole series.

But that's not how OPL sees it. To elaborate:

The trolls are defeated and along with Count Graduon, the jerkops and Slaweel Ryan are no longer evil (or something), Crystal was free, the Chaotic Crystals were found etc. and all the Sonichus and Rosechus lived happy ever after.

You have to remember that the plot of Sonichu is modeled after kids cartoons. What usually happens in these shows when the big bad is defeated at the end of the season? A brief hiatus and than another season in which the good guys combat either a new big bad or the big bad of the previous season who has managed to recuperate. To further substantiate my point, Chris himself divides his comics into seasons.* Why should he stop after one season when Pokemon got 17 seasons under its resume and is still going on?

With that phase of his life over, what would he draw about? I'm guessing he does even less these days than before (ie given up on the attraction locations and such). There are some events he never depicted that he could somehow force into cwcville, like the class reunion fiasco, but I can't imagine much else.

Chris got tons of grudges to fuel new stories. There's Megan, Snyder, God, Angel of Death, past gal-pals, judge at the trial who screwed him over, Rob Bell, various manajerks, people who give him shit about his cross-dressing, Keurig... There's much material from which he can make new stories, the only thing keeping him back is a lack of motivation.

*I think that issues 0 to 10 are the first season, as during the first Jackie emails Chris talks about the second season of Sonichu as something that has not been made yet.

Trickie

I refer to Christine as she/her to annoy you.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nobody knew the rainbows power was only temporary. The chaotic combo fades away leaving only memories. Sonichu struggles to say his final words before turning back to Pikachu.
"Father, I love you, thank you for-----pika"
Chris sobs like a bitch over the Pikachu. Then they turn to see a very pissed off BOY Raichu.
Rosechu, his power restored, kills them with thunderbolt.
Now only Bionic and his brother remain, working together to restore sanity to CWCville.

The End.

I vote for this one, actually, just because I love the mental image of them all turning around to see a very pissed boy Raichu. xD

DStecks

Wasabi Clan Chief
kiwifarms.net
You have to remember that the plot of Sonichu is modeled after kids cartoons. What usually happens in these shows when the big bad is defeated at the end of the season? A brief hiatus and than another season in which the good guys combat either a new big bad or the big bad of the previous season who has managed to recuperate. To further substantiate my point, Chris himself divides his comics into seasons.* Why should he stop after one season when Pokemon got 17 seasons under its resume and is still going on?

Kids' shows still eventually end, though, and Sonichu 10 ends an awful lot like a kids' show would. Mary Lee Walsh and the PVCC are clearly set up as the biggest villains, and the ultimate obstacle to Chris accomplishing his Love Quest. Defeating them is as final as Sonichu can get.

The fact of the matter is that, while Chris claimed he had a "second season" of Sonichu planned, he never divulged real details beyond that Metal Sonichu would return, and since he was so handily defeated at the end of his first appearance, making him the True Ultimate Villain wouldn't be likely. My theory is that Chris didn't actually have any plans for the second season, because he'd wrapped up the story so thoroughly.

And it's not like Sonichu 10 was the last creative thing Chris ever produced. Remember that LittleBigPlanet thing he was making with The Wallflower? I personally don't believe that Chris actually lacks the motivation to continue Sonichu, he just lacks things to write about. And sure, things have happened in his life since, but you need to remember that Chris had already constructed the Sonichu/Mary Lee Walsh mythology long before he ever put pencil to paper. He integrated the trolls, sure, but as minions of PVCC and other lesser villains.

Bridechu

kiwifarms.net
I think Chris saw it more like Power Rangers. If he really truly thought that Sonichu was exhausted of potential, it would then be their kids fighting the kids of the previous enemies, with the originals acting as mentors. He actually did something similar in his own comic backstory; he used to be a Power Ranger/robot operator or whatever, quit when he graduated high school and became the mayor, then assembled a new team of rangers.

Duke Nukem

Спасите матушку Россию! Смерть Путину!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
And Chris goes into his superform for one final, ultimate battle against the trolls, and eventually ends up annihilating the entire planet in the process, erroneously believing EVERYBODY to be a troll.

NegaCWC

kiwifarms.net
Kids' shows still eventually end, though, and Sonichu 10 ends an awful lot like a kids' show would. Mary Lee Walsh and the PVCC are clearly set up as the biggest villains, and the ultimate obstacle to Chris accomplishing his Love Quest. Defeating them is as final as Sonichu can get.

Kids' shows end not because there's anything in the genre that calls for a final resolution of the plot. Kids' shows are first and foremost commercial enterprises; the plug on one is pulled when it's no longer considered profitable. Seeing that Sonichu doesn't need to pull a profit in order to continue, there's no reason for Chris to stop. And while your description of MLW's role in the plot is correct for Issue 9 and 10, I don't think that Chris planned for her to have such a major role in the comics from the beginning of the series. In many issues her influence is not felt at all.

The fact of the matter is that, while Chris claimed he had a "second season" of Sonichu planned, he never divulged real details beyond that \M/ETAL Sonichu would return, and since he was so handily defeated at the end of his first appearance, making him the True Ultimate Villain wouldn't be likely. My theory is that Chris didn't actually have any plans for the second season, because he'd wrapped up the story so thoroughly.

Chris not making plans for season two is jut OPL being himself. The plot of season one didn't advance according to some kind of a plan, but according to Chris's whims at the moment he was writing. It's pretty clear that when Chris was just beginning to make season one (i.e in Issue 0) he wasn't planning for it to end the way it did. There's no reason Chris can't make season 2 in the same way if he wanted.

Besides, the return of Metal Sonichu was not the only future story Chris talked about. In this video for example he mentioned a couple of other future stories. In the Jackie emails he mentioned that he had a backstory for how Robbie became a cross dresser, and he also had plan for a future Blake episode. That's enough plot to give season 2 its start, and from there on the series can continue based on whatever bullshit comes into Chris's mind.

As for Metal Sonichu not being strong enough to serve as an arch-villain... Have you seen the last fight between CWC and MLW? She was defeated basically just as easily as Metal was. Chris doesn't like villains who can actually threaten his designated good guys, meaning that Metal is a fine villain by Chris's standards.

Chris had already constructed the Sonichu/Mary Lee Walsh mythology long before he ever put pencil to paper. He integrated the trolls, sure, but as minions of PVCC and other lesser villains.

Again, MLW was overall a relatively minor villain in Sonichu and in many issues she's overshadowed by another villain. For example, if one does not read Sonichu beyond Issue 6 he could easily be fooled into thinking that Reldnahc was about to become the series' arch-villain. He has new super powers, has becomes more evil, rebels against his own father and leader of his organization, and he also plans on conquering the world...

Chris's concept of MLW being the queen of all the evil that inflicts him has changed. Nowadays, he sees Megan and Snyder as the main architects of his torment. The current struggle Chris is facing (in his mind) is about much more than finding love; now he has to deal with a non-stopping onslaught of vicious trolls, whose only motivation is pure sadism as an end to itself.

caffeinated_wench

kiwifarms.net
Warning: epic conclusion ahead!

blank_comic_page_3_by_c0nn0rman43-d2zvjpt.png

Le Bateleur

Major Arcana
kiwifarms.net
Sonichu should end with a story set 50 years from now. Metonic Sonichu and Vamprosa Rosechu battle the Dishonest Grim Reaper who has come to take future Chris (now an idealised version of Bob) a couple of years earlier than promised.
They hold off Death long enough for Chris to craft a new set of Sonichu medallions for his grandchildren Christopher and Crystal. He then sacrifices himself to seal Sailor Megtune in the dark mirror hole forever. His grandchildren dash off to defend CWCtropolis from Snyder 2.0 and his evil minions from the HoLoGRaM PLaCe. Spoiler: they win.

EDIT: Old Christian's noble act of self-sacrifice echoes backward through time, focused by the Amnyfest Ring, and causes that rainbow from Sonichu 0 that created the Sonichus and Rosechus.
Thus, Chris is truly their father, and, so long as there are electric hedgehog pokemon, his spirit lives on...

Last edited: