Sony hate thread -

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Disagree because the 3DS was doing good and quite frankly, Nintendo's always made big bank off BOTH a handheld and a console and that merging the two just seems fucking retarded, given that they are now losing out on money having both a dedicated handheld AND a console.

There is no real fucking reason to have killed the 3DS except that they were so god-damn pissy that the Wii U flopped that someone panic and decided to sacrifice the entire portable division for the sake of propping up the console division and that stuff like the Switch Lite was 100% due to them realizing how badly they fucked up killing the 3DS and needing to keep the Nintendo handheld base who have stuck with them going all the way back to fucking 1989 and the OG Gameboy, from leaving and never coming back the second Sony/Microsoft realizes that the entire motherfucking portable market is now 100% up for grabs and rushes out an XBox Portable or PSP-Vita Reborn and do what the PSP and Vita utterly failed to do and wrestle total and complete control over the handheld market from Nintendo.
I respectfully disagree.

I can see your point but the dedicated handheld market doesn't have a future in this age of smartphones, that's why the Vita was never a huge success, Nintendo got by on brand loyalty but that wasn't going to last forever, the Switch makes more sense in my opinion.

IIRC they are pulling a Lucas: the SJW poz shit contaminated and perverted TLOU into the mockery it currently is, when they did DLC and made the main character gay and other SJW garbage inserted into the premise. So now they are going to redo the first game to make her always gay and it not a forced retcon via redoing the entire story and inserting major elements of the BS plot from TLOU2 into TLOU1 for continuity and further enshrine the rape of the franchise by making the "special edition" version of TLOU the only version you can play in current year.
Shame to see what I think is a great game get fucked in the ass like that.

It's sobering to think that from a storytelling standpoint, in the western games market, in the AAA sphere, 8 years later, story in games has yet to progress past TLOU1 because now the cultural climate thinks being "deep" means leftist political propaganda, hence TLOU2.

Gone is the ability to tell a real story featuring real characters and delving into real emotions beyond "Woke good" with the latest game technology, 8 years later and nothing has delivered a story quite on the level of TLOU1 did, now they want to retroactively wokeify it too, what is happening to our culture?

Last edited:

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
It's sobering to think that from a storytelling standpoint, in the western games market, in the AAA sphere, 8 years later, story in games has yet to progress past TLOU1 because now the cultural climate thinks being "deep" means leftist political propaganda, hence TLOU2.
This has been a thing since the 1960's. Robert Heinlein the author of Starship Troopers pointed this stupid bullshit out and Starship troopers dates back to the 1950's.

Harlen Ellison even pointed it out in the late 80's and early 90's.

It's what's been taught in school as deep themes, but at this point they're so worn out common and shallow that there's no actual edge or interesting avenues to them. Like Star Trek had on the surface level a utopian society because there was no more need to compete for resources. But they didn't wax poetic about communism because it was entirely uninteresting. The limitless resources was just to serve as a jump off point for constant space adventure.

agility_

kiwifarms.net
I can see your point but the dedicated handheld market doesn't have a future in this age of smartphones, that's why the Vita was never a huge success, Nintendo got by on brand loyalty but that wasn't going to last forever, the Switch makes more sense in my opinion.
I agree on your points on the viability of a dedicated handheld console, but the 3DS was rushed to the funeral home way ahead of its time. There are instances where I'll see a game on steam and think "wouldn't this have been better on 3DS". The freaking ace attorney game they announced coming out on PS4 in July, for example. Several of the switch's ill-begotten "ports" and "remasters".

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I agree on your points on the viability of a dedicated handheld console, but the 3DS was rushed to the funeral home way ahead of its time. There are instances where I'll see a game on steam and think "wouldn't this have been better on 3DS". The freaking ace attorney game they announced coming out on PS4 in July, for example. Several of the switch's ill-begotten "ports" and "remasters".
Maybe, but I think the 3DS was still on borrowed time even if Nintendo pulled the plug too early.

Speaking personally I stopped caring about dedicated handhelds once they had fully transitioned from 2D to 3D and I only like the Switch because it can do 3D better than something like a 3DS ever could.

HeyYou

YOU BETTER RUN!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Outside of Spider-Man (which was mediocre as hell), Persona 5 and to watch movies, I don't think I've used my PS4 in like two years. I've had a couple opportunities to buy a PS5 and I've chosen not to because I can't see myself ever really using it. So many games are multi-plat nowadays and outside of shitty porting jobs all of them run better on PC and have modding support.

Titos

Your smile makes my heart explode :3
kiwifarms.net
Outside of Spider-Man (which was mediocre as hell), Persona 5 and to watch movies, I don't think I've used my PS4 in like two years. I've had a couple opportunities to buy a PS5 and I've chosen not to because I can't see myself ever really using it. So many games are multi-plat nowadays and outside of shitty porting jobs all of them run better on PC and have modding support.
Should have scalped one, you could have made an easy 100 bucks minimum.

Aqua Panda

I've seen horrors… horrors that you've seen.
kiwifarms.net
I've thought about picking up a ps5, but I realized that everything I'm interested in playing is coming to the ps4. (And I still play at 1080p so 4k is useless to me.) The only game that hasn't been officially confirmed is the sequel to the 2018 God of War, but I do think it'll happen with the current game drought going on.

Most 3rd party games I play on PC anyway, so it's really hard to justify upgrading right now.

Miller

kiwifarms.net
IIRC they are pulling a Lucas: the SJW poz shit contaminated and perverted TLOU into the mockery it currently is, when they did DLC and made the main character gay and other SJW garbage inserted into the premise. So now they are going to redo the first game to make her always gay and it not a forced retcon via redoing the entire story and inserting major elements of the BS plot from TLOU2 into TLOU1 for continuity and further enshrine the rape of the franchise by making the "special edition" version of TLOU the only version you can play in current year.
The big difference is that Lucas' special editions were based on what Lucas originally wanted but were cut because the technology wasn't ready yet.
TLoU remake is just Druckmann wanting to flex on the haters and show that he is in charge now.

That's why games will never be art. These game directors have to stop trying to emulate movies.

The Last Stand

I don't want to sound racist, but...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've thought about picking up a ps5, but I realized that everything I'm interested in playing is coming to the ps4. (And I still play at 1080p so 4k is useless to me.) The only game that hasn't been officially confirmed is the sequel to the 2018 God of War, but I do think it'll happen with the current game drought going on.

Most 3rd party games I play on PC anyway, so it's really hard to justify upgrading right now.
In my eyes, the PS5 is a souped up PS4. If you have a PS4, there's no reason to have a PS5 that its competition (and PC) can do as well.

Agent Abe Caprine

Fueled by cigarette butts and paint chips
kiwifarms.net
Nioh is the last game I switched to console for. PC port caused a blue screen due to how it handles its own files.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
That's why games will never be art. These game directors have to stop trying to emulate movies.
Well that also assumes that you have to have a high opinion of art in the first place.

Art is non-interactive, yeah there's bizarro modern art that may claim to be interactive like the recent Omega Mart Exhibit. But all you're doing is walking through like you would a haunted house, it doesn't invest you in learning a series of rules because games are mechanical in nature. But in general you're supposed to just look at art and not touch, that's what most art is.

So by taking a game and making it adhere to the rules of art, you're essentially lobotomizing it.

Nick Gurs

"The Good, The Bad, The Autistic"
kiwifarms.net
No it's not giving the middle finger to anybody, you keep incorrectly personifying the whole thing.

It's talking about it's own first party studios. Not even Nintendo makes first party games that are only successful in japan, that's why it has a vietnam memorial of dead series that only get brought back as Smash brothers DLC. Hell they outright killed the Mario and Luigi series over it bombing and let the developer die.

All the smaller exclusive games are getting put out to external development.

They didn't literally buy out the whole anime industry to just sit on IPs, they're all going to become smaller titles.
View attachment 2073700
Id rather the smaller titles exist than some bullshit disney and viacom pulls in the West where NO ONE is allowed to touch their IP's that they've let gather dust for well over 20 years. Its fucking bullshit that theyre allowed to have a monopoly like this, Fuck the West.

Id rather watch slice of life shit from kadokawa until my eyes bleed than ever put up with the likes of the hideous Nu trek ship designs and faggot wars ever again.

At least Kadokawa Does SOMETHING with their IP's.
Meanwhile Sony just lets theirs slip away into Pachinko machines instead of buying the rights of franchises like MGS and Silent hill from Konami.
Cant blame them for making a small mockery of Kojima's legacy, the hack Kojima looks like such a punchable, chip on the shoulder, faggot who thinks their shit dont stink. Which was abundantly apparent when he made Walking simulator 2019/ the Stranding type game genre.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Id rather the smaller titles exist than some bullshit disney and viacom pulls where NO ONE is allowed to touch their IP's that they've let gather dust for well over 20 years. Its fucking bullshit that theyre allowed to have a monopoly like this, Fuck the West.

Id rather watch slice of life shit from kadokawa until my eyes bleed than ever put up with the hideous Nu trek ship designs and faggot wars ever again.
Well you're going to be getting games based on kadokawa properties that will be PS5 exclusives.

Mostly people just want another Ape Escape or Gravity Rush. But all the devs to those who left have now made their own studios.

Team ico is still around in a separate form making a game for Epic's PC platform that Sony will apparently get console exclusive dibs on. It's why they invested a ton of money into EGS.

It's just that the main studios from Sony will be making larger budget third person games, there's no specific set genre so you could see anything from an RPG to a shooter. It's still unknown if this is going to extend to the new studios they're opening like Haven. It's being run by the former AssCreed lady., but it's apparently a new IP and may be something radically different than what she's put out in the past.

Last edited:

Nick Gurs

"The Good, The Bad, The Autistic"
kiwifarms.net
Except you're going to be getting games based on kadokawa properties.

View attachment 2118070

I dont mind that. At least the majority of their properties don't push the outbreak of faggotry and other mental illness about whether or not they are a biological human being and try to convert other unknowing people to that unspeakable Evil that is well documented on the farms.

Though Sony is just as shit as Microsoft where you cant swear in a message on their platform or its a 2 week non appealable comm ban regardless of context. Why even bother having rated M games on your fucking platform then? Trash talk is part of the competitive scenes of those games regardless of how cowardly the hypocrite faggots that push for censorship in the first place are.

Hence why its retarded to even bother with subscriptions to these dogshit platforms anymore and has been for the majority of the 2010's to present. This shit never happened on ps3 and 360.

Last edited:

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I dont mind that. At least the majority of their properties don't push the outbreak of faggotry and other mental illness about whether or not they are a biological human being and try to convert other unknowing people to that unspeakable Evil that is well documented on the farms.

Though Sony is just as shit as Microsoft where you cant swear in a message on their platform or its a 2 week non appealable comm ban regardless of context. Why even bother having rated M games on your fucking platform then? Trash talk is part of the competitive scenes of those games regardless of how cowardly the hypocrite faggots that push for censorship in the first place are.

Hence why its retarded to even bother with subscriptions to these dogshit platforms anymore and has been for the majority of the 2010's to present. This shit never happened on ps3 and 360.
Nobody allows trash talk anymore, Nintendo won't even allow you to use the word Grape to name your Monster Hunter guys because it has the word rape in it.

Like even services like Discord crack down on the bad words people. We're getting to the point where a Yankees hat could be considered a sign of hate speech because it has a big N on the front.

4ZURE

kiwifarms.net
I honestly love PlayStation, but I wish they used their franchises more often. The PS5 is taking the right step with LBP and Ratchet’s return, along with Astro being a major love-letter, but more could be done. Sly returning would be cool, Twisted Metal seriously needs a comeback in this battle royal world, and Parrapa really should get some love since Sony insists on marketing him nowadays. I would also say Jak needs to return, but Naughty Dog cut ties with the creator and has left no good will into what their future products may be. Jak should probably remain dead for the time being unless a different developer takes the wheel.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I honestly love PlayStation, but I wish they used their franchises more often. The PS5 is taking the right step with LBP and Ratchet’s return, along with Astro being a major love-letter, but more could be done. Sly returning would be cool, Twisted Metal seriously needs a comeback in this battle royal world, and Parrapa really should get some love since Sony insists on marketing him nowadays. I would also say Jak needs to return, but Naughty Dog cut ties with the creator and has left no good will into what their future products may be. Jak should probably remain dead for the time being unless a different developer takes the wheel.
After Destruction Allstars bombed, I have zero hope for Twisted Metal ever coming back.

Jak is apparently being shopped around, I think a ton of stuff is going to rely on just how well Ratchet does.

4ZURE

kiwifarms.net
After Destruction Allstars bombed, I have zero hope for Twisted Metal ever coming back.

Jak is apparently being shopped around, I think a ton of stuff is going to rely on just how well Ratchet does.
Twisted has a show in production. Maybe if that does well?

LightDragonman1

kiwifarms.net
Man, the fact that Sony keeps on boasting about how fast-selling the PS5 is doesn't really give me much hope in terms of actually getting one.

The scalpers are claiming nearly every single one as soon as Sony gets more in stock, and the latter seems to be oddly proud about it, if only because they can brag about how many units they are selling.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Man, the fact that Sony keeps on boasting about how fast-selling the PS5 is doesn't really give me much hope in terms of actually getting one.

The scalpers are claiming nearly every single one as soon as Sony gets more in stock, and the latter seems to be oddly proud about it, if only because they can brag about how many units they are selling.
Around 87% to 93% of the consoles that have been scalped have at least been activated once.

Which means they're getting into the hands of people who are actually playing games on them.

It's only going to get worse because the bad behavior is being rewarded, it's also means that paying $800 to 1k for a console isn't out of the realms of possibility for many people. Honestly I blame the stimulus checks.

Hell it's even extending to tabletop and board games now. Hasbro announced they have to raise prices because they've been selling out of Monopoly and other traditional games and the plastic costs are getting up there. You have Dungeons and Dragons being part of this surge too which hasn't happened since the late 80's and early 90's.

Last edited: