Sony hate thread -

Poop A Loop

kiwifarms.net
Those stimulus checks really did fuck up a lot of stuff that didn't need any stimulus. I got the feeling that both parties were playing the bread and circuses game with "free money". I sure as hell didn't need the fat check I got from President Stairmaster since I've had a job the entire time but for some reason people like me still got more money that we didn't need.

The day those checks went out I drove around town to see how things went and people were grabbing TVs off the shelves like they were going out of style. That sure as hell didn't seem like the behavior indicative of a depressed economy that needed stimulus. This whole pricing debacle with new consoles and PC parts is like a weird microcosm of what happened to higher education prices once the government started heavily subsidizing them; prices started skyrocketing because more consumers could afford the cost and demand went up.

Of course, this doesn't take into account processor shortages and all that other stuff so I could be totally wrong but it sure as hell reminds me of that basic econ stuff you're taught in school.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
For people hoping and wishing that Jim Ryan gets replaced by another yes man, it doesn't look very likely this will happen in the near future.

And for people going WELL I DON'T WANT TO PLAY AAA WHITE PEOPLE GAMES, I WANT TO PLAY RESKINNED AAA WHITE PEOPLE GAMES IN ANIME FLAVORING LIKE BOTW AND GENSHIN IMPACT. Well they're putting former Capcom employees in positions to run the Fate franchise and you're getting the entire GDP of small african countries dumped into opening more worldwide studios

The Konami deal may actually get traction now.

Also the PS4 now surpassed the PS2 as the most successful Sony console.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
games IMG_20200111_140337.jpg

The Last Stand

I don't want to sound racist, but...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Look at the date, it was posted within the first year of release. I posted it because I came across it in an old folder.
PS3 came out in 2006. This was posted in 2007. Arguably some killer apps at that time on the PS3 were Ratchet & Clank: TOD, Warhawk, Motorstorm and Uncharted,

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Little Big Planet was there as well.
I would say the PS3 had better exclusives in 2007 than Xbox did at that same year. Halo 3 was a blockbuster hit, but not enough variety.

But Xbox 360 had a better launch lineup than PS3.

4ZURE

kiwifarms.net
I would say the PS3 had better exclusives in 2007 than Xbox did at that same year. Halo 3 was a blockbuster hit, but not enough variety.

Honestly, the PS3 is my favorite Sony console. It had all their best titles in my mind as LBP 1 & 2, R&C Tools and a Crack in Time, and Twisted 2012 were all on it. Then of course the 3rd party offerings of the time were stellar such as Batman Arkham and Sonic Generations.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Bruh, the PS3 was so good. It arguably held the best titles Sony ever made.
I would still give the nod to the PS2's first party line up, but after all was said and done Sony did have a good first party library on the PS3, it just took a long time for them to really gain steam, but Uncharted 2, God of War 3 and The Last of Us are definitely among the best games Sony has ever put out.

But I would still say overall the PS2 had the better first party library, but I'm also including games that Sony didn't technically publish in NA, but were published by them elsewhere and got made thanks to Sony money.

Little Big Planet was there as well.
Little Big Planet was a 2008 release.

Bioshock is better than anything the PS3 had that year, it also doesn't help that the PS3 version of The Orange Box was shoddy, from what I remember, I would say 360 won 2007.

The Xbox 360 though did have one of the better launch lineups ever seen for a console, certainly better than the PS3's launch line ups.

4ZURE

kiwifarms.net
I would still give the nod to the PS2's first party line up, but after all was said and done Sony did have a good first party library on the PS3, it just took a long time for them to really gain steam, but Uncharted 2, God of War 3 and The Last of Us are definitely among the best games Sony has ever put out.

But I would still say overall the PS2 had the better first party library, but I'm also including games that Sony didn't technically publish in NA, but were published by them elsewhere and got made thanks to Sony money.
I disagree. The PS2 was definitely the best console of its generation, GC is extremely overhyped. I cannot agree with it being better than 3 though as most of 3's titles had the best gameplay of their respective series such as R&C and Twisted. The new titles like LBP were also extremely good and I am glad Media Molecule was really able to continue and break new ground with Dreams. PS2 was great for 3D platformers though, three triple A series really made that console stand above the rest, not to mention Parappa, Ape Escape, Twisted Black, God of War, etc.. I just hold a special place for 3 as it hosted some really damn good titles that you didn't even mention.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
A lot of ports and multiplat games were pretty lousy on the PS3 in the first few years. It's partially the origin of DigitalFoundry.
It was a nightmare to program shit for and it's failure out of the gate entirely justified their Japanese branch surrendering the platform to the Americans. Because if you look at the OG Fatty you have to remove around 8 separate components just to reach the interior for cleaning or repair. You even had first party games made by Sony that didn't play well with the cell processor itself.

It was literally the Spruce Moose of consoles.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A lot of ports and multiplat games were pretty lousy on the PS3 in the first few years. It's partially the origin of DigitalFoundry.
Indeed, I remember that being a big topic of discussion back then, the only PS3 multiplat games I ever played were Soul Calibur 4 because of Darth Vader, Batman: Arkham Asylum because of it's exclusive Joker levels, the MGS HD collection because I wanted to use a PlayStation controller with those games and I very foolishly picked PS3 for Ghostbusters: The Video Game assuming it being a Sony property going with a Sony console made sense but that game very infamously had a huge gap in quality between the PS3 and 360 versions, I was so pissed when I learned that.

Otherwise I always went with the 360 version for multiplat games back when I didn't have a gaming PC, when I did have a gaming PC I went back and replayed Arkham Asylum and Ghostbusters and I was a little... aghast at how stark the difference in quality was and now you know why I've spent the extra money for a PC for over a decade now lol (even though the difference between console and PC probably isn't as dramatic as it was once was, although framerate alone is a big difference and I'm sure there's still some specific games where the difference is big)

The irony is the tables later turned and the PS4 was seen as the go to for console multiplats whereas the Xbox One sometimes struggled, still, playing multiplats on a console... lol.

BananaSplit

kiwifarms.net
For people hoping and wishing that Jim Ryan gets replaced by another yes man, it doesn't look very likely this will happen in the near future.

And for people going WELL I DON'T WANT TO PLAY AAA WHITE PEOPLE GAMES, I WANT TO PLAY RESKINNED AAA WHITE PEOPLE GAMES IN ANIME FLAVORING LIKE BOTW AND GENSHIN IMPACT. Well they're putting former Capcom employees in positions to run the Fate franchise and you're getting the entire GDP of small african countries dumped into opening more worldwide studios

The Konami deal may actually get traction now.

Also the PS4 now surpassed the PS2 as the most successful Sony console.

jesus christ you can smell the despair and schizophrenia coming out of this post

guess that means the Playstation brand is actually in deep trouble

agility_

kiwifarms.net
I wish soney would aggressively push for development of new Warhawk and Legend of Dragoon games, with the same intensity they desperately shove uncharted, woke of us and dad of war down our throats.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I wish soney would aggressively push for development of new Warhawk and Legend of Dragoon games, with the same intensity they desperately shove uncharted, woke of us and dad of war down our throats.
A legend of Dragoon reboot would probably play just like FF7 Remake or Yakuza: Like a Dragon.

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The irony is the tables later turned and the PS4 was seen as the go to for console multiplats whereas the Xbox One sometimes struggled, still, playing multiplats on a console... lol.
Some power on the XB1 was reserved for Kinect. Look how that turned out.

Sony has a habit of sunsetting their servers.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Sweeney did nothing wrong.
kiwifarms.net
The Xbone had a slightly faster CPU which made some CPU bound games run better, it was at a lower resolution but resolution doesn't matter as much when frame rate is bound by the CPU. It was all a bit weird and confusing. Going back before that to the PS2 then multiplat games were generally better looking on every other platform like the GC, Xbox and PC. It wasn't because the PS2 was bad, it was because it was weird and when a game was made for everything they had to find the commonalities in hardware functions and performance in all targeted platforms and build around that. The PS2 was always the odd one out, it could do things no other platform could at that time and that was bad for the portability of multiplatform titles.

The Last Stand

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It wasn't because the PS2 was bad, it was because it was weird and when a game was made for everything they had to find the commonalities in hardware functions and performance in all targeted platforms and build around that. The PS2 was always the odd one out, it could do things no other platform could at that time and that was bad for the portability of multiplatform titles.
The simplest thing to do with multi-platform titles at that time would be to to base it around the PS2, then just copy paste on Xbox/GC. If you're lazy.