Sony hate thread -

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
#4ThePlayers my ass. They turned a pro-consumer move into a profit gauging mechanic.
that was to be expected tho, sony always gets retardedly cocky when ahead, till they fall on their face and have to wait for the competition to fuck up in return.

wonder which attorney leaked it, they can't be happy with timmy's shitfit already, and now it causes negative PR on top.
:popcorn:

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
that was to be expected tho, sony always gets retardedly cocky when ahead, till they fall on their face and have to wait for the competition to fuck up in return.

wonder which attorney leaked it, they can't be happy with timmy's shitfit already, and now it causes negative PR on top.
That's actually not what's happening though. Games like Genshin Impact and GTA are the most played on Playstation when it comes to consoles. The same fee that users gladly paid and made paid online a thing, now other companies are going to see this huge untapped revenue stream and are going to also demand the same from developers and publishers who can afford it.

I don't see it as a bad thing, the death of Always online MMO Multiplayer bullshit can't come fast enough.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I know a LOT of people who switched over to the ps3 once the slim hit in 2009. Both because of the red ring issues and Sony finally catching up with games.

I really think people forget that the 360 was pretty barren its last few years and only had shitty shovelware kinect games. (It's the main reason the PS3 came from behind and beat the 360 in total lifetime sales. Only the original fad with the Wii kept it from top place.)
The only noteworthy late 360 games I can think of are Halo 4 and Gears of War Judgement, it did become very barren around 2012/2013.

I had hoped history wasn't going to repeat itself but repeating itself it is.

4ZURE

kiwifarms.net
Interesting development. Sony treadmarked the Sunset Overdrive IP. Insomniac Games is a Sony first party developer.

Nothing confirmed yet. Just an updated treadmark.
Nice to know. That game underperformed on XBOX due to the style not gelling. Hopefully Insomniac can find success within the crowd they cultivated. It was weird that they would ever leave Sony. It was even stranger that Sony did not own them till like 2019. Their absence was clearly felt on PS4, so hopefully Sony does not make the same mistake of losing them.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I had hoped history wasn't going to repeat itself but repeating itself it is.
I'm going to have to disagree. The PS5 isn't suffering close to the same problems that the PS3 had. It's actually selling for one, and the chinese launch is happening next month. The console is already around 8 million sold and it's expecting to be pushed over the 10 million sold mark with the Chinese launch. The PS3 was rotting on store shelves for both models. There was little to no demand for the PS3 where as there's so much demand for the PS5 that we're still suffering shortages. It also had a better launch line up and already has significant exclusive games coming out where for the PS3 you had to wait a long ass time for something worthwhile to come.

Any and all corporate/policy changes have not effected the flow of games. You're still getting shit ass visual novel garbage like Sakura Succubus and fucking 90's style Anime Mahong and Poker shit like Pretty Gals Battle. The big thing that's changed is that they have first party exclusives that many people want and those are getting multimedia adaptations, that's the main cause for everything changing. If stuff like God of War gets a successful TV series you're now having something that's popular on two fronts, especially since they're aiming to have it fill the void of Game of Thrones. And being that the current bar to clear is AMC's shitty Walking Dead for Zombie TV series that's still going and has multiple spin offs, a halfway competent adaptation of TLOU could surpass it.

They're pushing Sony as a brand much like Disney pushes itself as a brand, so now instead of having separate corporate entities which is what the company branches operated as for decades, they're being pulled in a singular direction by the main parent company itself.

Last edited:

BananaSplit

kiwifarms.net
Only niggers play Playstation nowadays.
Looks like you're on the mark

4theJoggers.png

More concerned with shoe distribution than the hardware manufacturing and heavy scalping

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to have to disagree. The PS5 isn't suffering close to the same problems that the PS3 had. It's actually selling for one, and the chinese launch is happening next month. The console is already around 8 million sold and it's expecting to be pushed over the 10 million sold mark with the Chinese launch. The PS3 was rotting on store shelves for both models. There was little to no demand for the PS3 where as there's so much demand for the PS5 that we're still suffering shortages. It also had a better launch line up and already has significant exclusive games coming out where for the PS3 you had to wait a long ass time for something worthwhile to come.

Any and all corporate/policy changes have not effected the flow of games. You're still getting shit ass visual novel garbage like Sakura Succubus and fucking 90's style Anime Mahong and Poker shit like Pretty Gals Battle. The big thing that's changed is that they have first party exclusives that many people want and those are getting multimedia adaptations, that's the main cause for everything changing. If stuff like God of War gets a successful TV series you're now having something that's popular on two fronts, especially since they're aiming to have it fill the void of Game of Thrones. And being that the current bar to clear is AMC's shitty Walking Dead for Zombie TV series that's still going and has multiple spin offs, a halfway competent adaptation of TLOU could surpass it.

They're pushing Sony as a brand much like Disney pushes itself as a brand, so now instead of having separate corporate entities which is what the company branches operated as for decades, they're being pulled in a singular direction by the main parent company itself.
What's going on now is not exactly the same as what happened with the PS3, the PS3 was a case of shoddy hardware but good software, the PS5 might be good hardware and it might be selling, but will it have good software? I don't know how you can look at TLOU2 and think everything's fine, what if we get more games like that with messages as hateful and full of shit? What if every Sony franchise has it's "Abby moment"? I don't want to support that, do you?

In the case of God of War 2018 the end of the last game did imply Loki will kill Kratos, what if that happens and then Loki troons out or is just an unlikable character?

Even if it's just limited to Naughty Dog we're still talking Sony's premier dev has been utterly ruined by Druckmann and somehow he's not getting his stupid ass fired for it, so already the PS5 is not as good as it could be if Naughty Dog has been ruined.

Listen, I used to be really big Sony fan, I still am a Sony fan, but that doesn't mean I blindly applaud a company and think they're above criticism, I want to see Sony succeed, but I worry they're going to fail by giving us more games like TLOU2, TLOU2 never should have happened, someone should have stepped up and told Druckmann to fuck off with his idiocy, I fucking hate the fact that Amy Henning is already long gone from Naughty Dog and replaced with Druckmann and you have to appreciate the irony here because Druckmann would accuse a gamer like me of being sexist because I don't like Abby and yet I'm a way bigger fan of Amy Henning, a woman, than I am of Druckmann, a man, but that's Woke assholes for you, they never stop to look below the surface.

But anyway, my attitude about Sony is simply "wait and see" I'm not saying I definitely won't buy the PS5 (I mean it's not even a choice at the moment, the fucking thing is nowhere to be found in my neck of the woods) and that I think Sony is finished, but TLOU2 is some worrying shit, the whole western game development seems to only be getting Woker and Woker and the Woker it gets, the worse it gets.

I can handle a little Woke, God of War 2018 was a little Woke and it was not at all enough to ruin the game, but TLOU2 on the other hand? Fuck that shit.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
What's going on now is not exactly the same as what happened with the PS3, the PS3 was a case of shoddy hardware but good software, the PS5 might be good hardware and it might be selling, but will it have good software? I don't know how you can look at TLOU2 and think everything's fine, what if we get more games like that with messages as hateful and full of shit? What if every Sony franchise has it's "Abby moment"? I don't want to support that, do you?

In the case of God of War 2018 the end of the last game did imply Loki will kill Kratos, what if that happens and then Loki troons out or is just an unlikable character?

Even if it's just limited to Naughty Dog we're still talking Sony's premier dev has been utterly ruined by Druckmann and somehow he's not getting his stupid ass fired for it, so already the PS5 is not as good as it could be if Naughty Dog has been ruined.

Listen, I used to be really big Sony fan, I still am a Sony fan, but that doesn't mean I blindly applaud a company and think they're above criticism, I want to see Sony succeed, but I worry they're going to fail by giving us more games like TLOU2, TLOU2 never should have happened, someone should have stepped up and told Druckmann to fuck off with his idiocy, I fucking hate the fact that Amy Henning is already long gone from Naughty Dog and replaced with Druckmann and you have to appreciate the irony here because Druckmann would accuse a gamer like me of being sexist because I don't like Abby and yet I'm a way bigger fan of Amy Henning, a woman, than I am of Druckmann, a man, but that's Woke assholes for you, they never stop to look below the surface.

But anyway, my attitude about Sony is simply "wait and see" I'm not saying I definitely won't buy the PS5 (I mean it's not even a choice at the moment, the fucking thing is nowhere to be found in my neck of the woods) and that I think Sony is finished, but TLOU2 is some worrying shit, the whole western game development seems to only be getting Woker and Woker and the Woker it gets, the worse it gets.

I can handle a little Woke, God of War 2018 was a little Woke and it was not at all enough to ruin the game, but TLOU2 on the other hand? Fuck that shit.
The thing you're forgetting about TLOU2 was that they were going to shelve it until the leak happened. The leak forced them to release it and scramble to have Ghosts of Tsushima cover it's loss. They canceled pre-orders remember, and reimbursed people before the build of the game got out. For all intents and purposes the game would not have been released in such a state.

You keep putting so much emphasis on Druckman like he's a boogeyman, it's like making Randy Pitchford out to be Baal or something.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The thing you're forgetting about TLOU2 was that they were going to shelve it until the leak happened. The leak forced them to release it and scramble to have Ghosts of Tsushima cover it's loss. They canceled pre-orders remember, and reimbursed people before the build of the game got out. For all intents and purposes the game would not have been released in such a state.

You keep putting so much emphasis on Druckman like he's a boogeyman, it's like making Randy Pitchford out to be Baal or something.
For real? Do you have actual proof Sony was going to shelve the game before the leak and by shelve do you mean cancel the game or just delay it?

Seems to me like a leak would have been a perfect excuse to shelve the game instead of being "forced" to release it, this sounds like pure speculation on your part and I'm not sure I buy it unless you have actual proof.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
For real? Do you have actual proof Sony was going to shelve the game before the leak and by shelve do you mean cancel the game or just delay it?

Seems to me like a leak would have been a perfect excuse to shelve the game instead of being "forced" to release it, this sounds like pure speculation on your part and I'm not sure I buy it unless you have actual proof.
Dude if they were refunding pre-orders and changing the release date to TBA, that usually means the game was going to be not released any time soon. The leak came after that which forced their hand to release it. A leaked build would have meant a somewhat playable version was out and they'd be losing money on whatever future version would have hypothetically came out. The game was already in the works for 7 years.

After the leak happened they then changed the date to a few weeks which pretty much was a move to try and get out ahead of the pirated copies before they became widespread. Them also moving up Ghosts of Tsushima days later was a sure sign that they knew the game was garbage and needed to cover their losses.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dude if they were refunding pre-orders and changing the release date to TBA, that usually means the game was going to be not released any time soon. The leak came after that which forced their hand to release it. A leaked build would have meant a somewhat playable version was out and they'd be losing money on whatever future version would have hypothetically came out. The game was already in the works for 7 years.

After the leak happened they then changed the date to a few weeks which pretty much was a move to try and get out ahead of the pirated copies before they became widespread. Them also moving up Ghosts of Tsushima days later was a sure sign that they knew the game was garbage and needed to cover their losses.
Well, that's too bad to think the leak prevented them from fixing the game, do we know how the hell it got leaked in the first place?

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Well, that's too bad to think the leak prevented them from fixing the game, do we know how the hell it got leaked in the first place?
They never caught the person. There's a bunch of " WE KNOW WHO DID IT AND ARE INVESTIGATING BUT WE'RE NOT GIVING NAMES" which means they don't know and really in reality, for stuff like this it's hard to trace.

Like you can look at the credits, there are hundreds if not thousands of people involved, any one of those people could have been the leaker and that's under the assumption that everyone in the game was credited. It could have been a person working for a subsidiary studio in fucking india and most of those employees in places like that are not the best kept watch on.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No one was gonna fix that game. It released as intended. Druckmann runs Naughty Dog as he drives people who challenge him out of the company.

Unless Marissa Moira actually drops receipts, he's being autistically optimistic.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
No one was gonna fix that game. It released as intended. Druckmann runs Naughty Dog as he drives people who challenge him out of the company.

Unless Marissa Moira actually drops receipts, he's being autistically optimistic.
C'mon dude they called it "indefinite delay"

If the leak didn't happen it would have maybe been a year 2 exclusive for PS5.

You don't issue something like that and then renegg a week or so later. They realized their shit was fucked after the leak and just decided to release the game at that point and move on to something else.

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
C'mon dude they called it "indefinite delay"

If the leak didn't happen it would have maybe been a year 2 exclusive for PS5.

You don't issue something like that and then renegg a week or so later.
Infinite Delay doesn't mean shit, it just means Druckmann's being autistic about his vision and would likely have just made it worse. Like George Lucas and his constant revisions of Star Wars. Same shit happened to Cyberpunk 2077.

Sony are limp dick bastards unless it's some indie team or third party, but if it's their own studio and with such a trusted franchise you better believe their impotent ego is gonna get the best of them. They'll keep sinking money into something and only after losing out will they maybe reconsider their actions in the future and hold Druckmann on a tighter leash. Square Enix does the same bullshit cycle with their golden boys -- fucking Konami did it with Kojima constantly until they realized he's fucking insane. The only person who could have handled Druckmann was Bobby Kotick who would have kicked Druckmann in the nuts and told him to get to work and stop picking his ass for inspiration.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Infinite Delay doesn't mean shit, it just means Druckmann's being autistic about his vision and would likely have just made it worse. Like George Lucas and his constant revisions of Star Wars. Same shit happened to Cyberpunk 2077.

Sony are limp dick bastards unless it's some indie team or third party, but if it's their own studio and with such a trusted franchise you better believe their impotent ego is gonna get the best of them. They'll keep sinking money into something and only after losing out will they maybe reconsider their actions in the future and hold Druckmann on a tighter leash. Square Enix does the same bullshit cycle with their golden boys -- fucking Konami did it with Kojima constantly until they realized he's fucking insane. The only person who could have handled Druckmann was Bobby Kotick who would have kicked Druckmann in the nuts and told him to get to work and stop picking his ass for inspiration.
Nah because as I said, they moved up the release date of Ghosts to cover for the impending losses of TLOU2. Having two big games so close to each other within a month is normally suicide unless you're expecting one to bomb.

If they had complete faith in Druckman they wouldn't have moved ghosts and would have kept it for it's next quarter release date. It makes zero sense to have two big games that close when stretching them out usually does better for short term quarterly sales.

People are putting too much ideological spin on it because Druckman is a loudmouth who doesn't understand what games are supposed to be. But he now has to oversee a multiplayer game and that involves balancing mechanics and not story, so his ass will really be on the line as VP if things don't go as planned and it fails like Anthem.

Last edited:

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nah because as I said, they moved up the release date of Ghosts to cover for the impending losses of TLOU2. Having two big games so close to each other within a month is normally suicide unless you're expecting one to bomb.
If I remember right they planned to move Ghosts up because of the initial TBA announcement. That was always gonna happen. The leak occurred and they figured, "Welp, fuck it." and then released both with the idea that one will piggy back the other for them.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
If I remember right they planned to move Ghosts up because of the initial TBA announcement. That was always gonna happen. The leak occurred and they figured, "Welp, fuck it." and then released both with the idea that one will piggy back the other for them.
They had to have one big game do well for that quarter for the shareholders. You know TLOU2 didn't do well because you can find zero about it other than the estimated 4 million copies shipped for intial sales.

I'm pretty sure the final Ghosts release date came about the same time as the new release date for TLOU2

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

It definitely seems like wishful thinking on Moira's part to try to make Sony look better, I'd like to believe but I'd need actual proof.

To be a fly on the wall when people challenged Druckmann, to know what would have been said, I'd especially like to know the conversations between him and Amy Henning.

I'm sure Amy, being an actually talented person and not an idiot, would have loads to say about the current climate in gaming, but I'm sure she feels like she has to keep her mouth shut.

Poor Amy, first she got fucked by Wokeness with ND and then fucked by EA's bald faced greed, the two things that are killing video games dead.