Sony Skipping E3 ... Again -

U

UY 690

kiwifarms.net
Guess Sony is really leaving E3 for good. This is not looking good for them. No games. No, buy.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think E3 is simply becoming less relevant now that major publishers directly connect to consumers via Youtube and social media and slow drip information year-round to sustain media attention. There's less benefit in concentrating all of their hype at a single media event, especially when the underlying business appeal of E3 was to begrudgingly "share" an audience with their competitors in hopes of maximizing attention on their products. Microsoft detaching itself from the event proper is proof that this thinking has changed and now they want to jockey for a bigger share of the pie.

Lastly, E3 is a large marketing expense. If the event is less valuable than it used to be, it makes sense to redirect that budget elsewhere.

U

UE 558

kiwifarms.net
I'll say this from now regarding Sony's current events:

A complete ban of VNs is highly unlikely, though I still feel little sympathy for Sony themselves. I've enjoyed several of their 1st party games in the past like Shadow of the Colossus 2018, Bloodborne, Uncharted, etc as well as many console exclusive 3rd parties, like Yakuza, Tales of Berseria, and Earth Defense Force 4.1, but their actions regarding these "sexually themed" third party games are still draconian as hell. The censorship claims were only ever exaggerated to seem like an entire genre being banned because of their previous misdeeds. I just hope that this fiasco causes them to gain some perspective (as unlikely as that may be). But right now, Sony has made their bed and they kinda deserve to lie in it.

TL; DR the vn banning is probably false, but sony still kinda dug their own grave

As for E3, I'm guessing PS5 secrecy so they can do something "big" and "special" for a 2019 PSX

Slamerella

What's an hour?
kiwifarms.net
They're probably hoping to avoid lots of awkward questions from the audience about why they hate tits now.

On a non shitposty note now that both Nintendo and Sony have left can E3 finally die?
Nintendo doesn't do live shows anymore, which honestly I like it more. It leaves less awkwardness and, from what I've heard internally, it makes it easier to showcase games due to hardware and software interference which is one reason they stopped doing live showcases on a stage. Nintendo usually has NWC there now, and still manage to belt out really good performances.

And on a shitposty note, Once again, on top of censorship, "classic" consoles, and now not going to E3, Sony continues to copy off of Nintendo.

Slamerella

What's an hour?
kiwifarms.net
Its because sony has no games
They are probably gonna start announcing playstation """"""games""""""" at film festivals
:cunningpepe:
I find it hilarious that I sold my Vita the day before the Senran Kagura censorship (which is how this shit all went down, unless you wanna go about the crossplay bullshit) and it just gets worse.

According to one of the managers there, speaking of, Sony's lost +2 million dollars in profits while Microsoft has seen more than that in positive profits. How the hell does that happen when they finally get a system seller or two, and then Microsoft has, well, not a lot?

Otis Boi

Chunky Cow man extraordinaire
kiwifarms.net
According to one of the managers there, speaking of, Sony's lost +2 million dollars in profits while Microsoft has seen more than that in positive profits. How the hell does that happen when they finally get a system seller or two, and then Microsoft has, well, not a lot?

Out of all the criticism Microsoft get people forget there is a reason why they are top dog. They tend to handle criticism very well(I.e not going into panic mode) they fix what isn't liked and move on. They also work hard in a lot of areas sony dosen't such as making gamey games or try make backwards compatibility a thing. Goodwill can go a long way.

Edit: i forgot to mention even during the resscion micrsoft xbox devision was one of the few companies to have positive continued growth. Not even EA at the time was in a position to do so

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
Anything that pisses of weeaboos is a goddamn victory for me, so if E3 dies out soon enough because of their BS, good riddance.

Besides, with how video games that aren't on Steam are being handles nowadays, it's hard to care anymore. Too much nickel-and-dime shenanigans, IMHO. And this is coming from someone who only just bought a PS3... Although owning a 3DS sounds tempting, just because I liked the DS, but that's about it.

Suffer more for me, E3. Please and Thank You.

ComeoutandJULAY

BURN BURN BURN TO THE GROUND BU-BURN TO THE GROUND
kiwifarms.net
Looks like Nintendo will be at E3 next year.

Earlier today, Sony confirmed that it won’t be present at next year’s E3. Some might have been concerned about Nintendo’s status at the show, but fortunately, there’s nothing to worry about.

Fans can rest easy knowing that Nintendo’s presence is confirmed for E3 2019. Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime also said that the show is “an outstanding opportunity for us to share new games and experiences with fans and business partners from across the globe.”

His full statement reads:

“E3 is an outstanding opportunity for us to share new games and experiences with fans and business partners from across the globe. Every year, we discuss what will be the best way for us to take advantage of the next E3 show in order to bring smiles to people’s faces.”

Strange timeline we're living in. Well, here's hoping the cringe is still alive.