Sony Teaming Up with Discord to Bring Chat Service to Playstation -

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
No that got misconstrued, they were allowing other users to now record others and submit reports to the admins. They themselves were not going to be watching.
That's, uh, flying in the face of two party consent states. Very unethical.

Psyduck

Quack lmao
kiwifarms.net
Im sorry but what will happen then to other heterosexuals like me who dont have a discord

SiccDicc

The Defenestrator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You give your consent by clicking the TOS and saying you've read it even though you really didn't.
Each single conversation requires clear separate consent as far as I'm aware, but no one challenges ToS or EULA despite their flimsy standing. Mostly on the lines of a transaction occurred before agreement.

Not only that I wonder if this means the ToS recognizes the recording user as a joined party with Sony, but I lack any real legal knowledge on business law. My argument is that the agreement of ToS is between you and Sony and no other party, so you can consent to Sony recording, but can't consent to a later third party just deciding they're a part of that agreement. There are third party data with marketing partners, but that's strictly anonymous and shouldn't be traced back to you. Plus I think they're obligated to offer opt outs on that front if only because of European agreements.
>gets rid of juicy of age anime tiddy games
>joins with discord
It all makes sense now
And suddenly furry tiddy games everywhere with cubs as DLC.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Each single conversation requires clear separate consent as far as I'm aware, but no one challenges ToS or EULA despite their flimsy standing. Mostly on the lines of a transaction occurred before agreement.

Not only that I wonder if this means the ToS recognizes the recording user as a joined party with Sony, but I lack any real legal knowledge on business law. My argument is that the agreement of ToS is between you and Sony and no other party, so you can consent to Sony recording, but can't consent to a later third party just deciding they're a part of that agreement. There are third party data with marketing partners, but that's strictly anonymous and shouldn't be traced back to you. Plus I think they're obligated to offer opt outs on that front if only because of European agreements.
If it's the company's own platform that they themselves control, they're allowed to pull their own flavor of bullshit. It's why social media faggotry gets as bad as it does on the corporate level for much the same reasons. In this instance it's to provide evidence of harassment or rule breaking for Sony's own internal internet jannies on a platform that Sony owns and it isn't meant to extend beyond that. If you were to provide the recording in a court of law for a crime, then you probably couldn't since the user didn't consent.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I hate that discord is becoming more and more mainstream.
Furries will get upset that their Sanctum has been breached and that heretics are running amok.

Personally though I don't expect discord in it's current form to last, it's going to get fucking gutted just like Skype did. They're now flush with corporate money that the higher ups will want to keep around more so than their yiff fuck buddies.

That's being said I'm still not making a fucking account on the service.

Agent Abe Caprine

Fueled by cigarette butts and paint chips
kiwifarms.net
My Switch isn't banned, but you literally cannot name your character Grape due to how archaic the ban word list is. It's quite lengthy and strict.
This is kind of standard for games on Nintendo systems. Been that way since at least Pokemon Black and White. Cofagrigus really suffered from that during trades. There was a time when you couldn't trade an unnicknamed Bulbasaur.

Great way to unintentionally learn German insults and obscure racial slurs.

agility_

kiwifarms.net
Jeez sony leave it alone already, nine thousand reasons not to buy a PS5 are more than enough for me.

Thiletonomics

조 바이든 승리의 쌀.
kiwifarms.net
I do wonder if Soyny will start banning people's PS accounts, because people trash talk their precious PS exclusives on Discord, i.e. The Last of Us 2.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I do wonder if Soyny will start banning people's PS accounts, because people trash talk their precious PS exclusives on Discord, i.e. The Last of Us 2.
If you read the article, it's going to be an entirely separate app. Similar to their facebook connectivity bullshit which they wound up ending after Facebook kept wanting more and more data on playstation's users.

TurkishOreo

Legendary cream and more cacao
kiwifarms.net
This is kind of standard for games on Nintendo systems. Been that way since at least Pokemon Black and White. Cofagrigus really suffered from that during trades. There was a time when you couldn't trade an unnicknamed Bulbasaur.

Great way to unintentionally learn German insults and obscure racial slurs.
Care to elaborate more on Bulbabutter and Cofagrigus?
I wanna know what german insults snuck into pkmn.

Did you ever get a teddiursa named Xi?

Agent Abe Caprine

Fueled by cigarette butts and paint chips
kiwifarms.net
Care to elaborate more on Bulbabutter and Cofagrigus?
I wanna know what german insults snuck into pkmn.

Did you ever get a teddiursa named Xi?
Cofagrigus has the word fag in its name. Bulbasaur has the german word for sow, sau. The whole Bulbasaur line was effected by this. You also couldn't use the word bite because it meant penis in French.
Here's the banned word list for gen five.
From what I remember, it wasn't as nuts on the 3DS. For one, you didn't need to nickname Bulbasaur when trading.

TurkishOreo

Legendary cream and more cacao
kiwifarms.net
Can we change the name of the thread from

Sony Teaming Up with Discord to Bring Chat Service to Playstation​

to

Sony Teaming Up with Discord to Bring Child-Grooming Service to Playstation​

Deadwaste

my password is ballsdeepnpussy69 honest
kiwifarms.net
i just wanna stream muh ps4 games on discord without using 3rd party software or a capture card