Souls Thread: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Bloodborne -

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Since Dark Souls 2 is coming out this Tuesday within North America at least, I thought of making this thread in advance for those that want to talk about the game. Another reason I'm making it is because of this:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/general-off-topic/227967-fox-news-right-wing-news-blames-recent-shootings-dark-souls.html

http://www.p4rgaming.com/fox-news-confident-dark-souls-is-the-cause-of-most-school-shootings-and-racism-in-america/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2014/03/04/fox-news-analyst-links-craigslist-killer-to-dark-souls/

Normally, I don't care about Fox News but I think this is one of those moments where I'd tell them just how stupid they are with this, especially when they mention the killer being abused as a child.

Reactions: chimpburgers

Springblossom

Dungeon Crawlaholic
kiwifarms.net
Fucking seriously?

Fox News is a bunch of geriatric fools who are scared of anything new or unfamiliar.

As for DaS II, I'm thinking about getting it day one. I just got a new job, so it might be my way of celebrating.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Fucking seriously?

Fox News is a bunch of geriatric fools who are scared of anything new or unfamiliar.

As for DaS II, I'm thinking about getting it day one. I just got a new job, so it might be my way of celebrating.
I feel this might be something to share with my Comm. 104 professor since he mentions Fox News. I'm sure he might laugh at that. As for Dark Souls II, I hope to get it on release or a few days after.

Arkangel

Computer Science and Computer Violence
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So far early reviews seem highly favorable to the game.

Sadly for me, the PC version of the game doesn't come out until next month. Hopefully it'll be good. I also hope that the PC version of the first game will get a patch so there's no more GFWL.

Watcher

Cishet dudebro
kiwifarms.net
School shootings caused by a fantasy game that features no guns and punishes the player for murdering innocents.

Nailed it right there.

All this goofy shit does is give more publicity to the game.

A-Stump

Dr Robotdick
kiwifarms.net
Reminds me of the time I played Final Fantasy VII and aspired to crush the Earth with a meteor.

Or that time I played Tomb Raider and became a world famous treasure hunter and lived in a mansion in London. Shit was so cash.

scorptatious

from an officially dead franchise
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It's already almost out? Jeez, my backlog is slowly growing in size. :(

Anyway yeah, Fox News are a bunch of fucking idiots. It saddens me to see my grandmother's husband watch them practically 24/7.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Here's something from Namco-Bandai. A video of Dark Souls 2. In spoilers for those who do not want to see.

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
I won't be getting it day one, because I will get it for PC, most likely.

I don't know if I'll play right away though, I've got a couple other games I want to finish first. I think I'm going to replay the first Dark Souls again, then immediately jump into 2 so my mind is fresh enough to spot all the little connections.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I won't be getting it day one, because I will get it for PC, most likely.

I don't know if I'll play right away though, I've got a couple other games I want to finish first. I think I'm going to replay the first Dark Souls again, then immediately jump into 2 so my mind is fresh enough to spot all the little connections.
Like you, I probably won't get it on day 1 but that is due to maybe wanting to wait a few days to get it after getting enough money. I hope Target sells copies since I still have a gift card that isn't fully used up.
I'll say this regarding connections Alec, I spoiled myself in seeing some gameplay videos (which makes me wondered if the uploader bought a pirated version or he went to From Software and was allowed to record and possibly upload ,to youtube, footage of the game) and one of the things I saw was surprising. I won't spoil it but yeah, I was kinda surprised to see what was there.

Anchuent Christory

Socially Awesome and Cool.
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if I'll get this right away, as I'm hoping it'll get a PS4 port at some point so I'd rather get it for that. That said, there's rumours that Demons Souls II is currently in development, as Sony still own that IP and Hidetaka Miyazaki (director of the first 2 games) isn't actually working on Dark souls II.

Either way, I'm gonna buy it eventually because I love the series and games of this quality deserve to be supported.

Springblossom

Dungeon Crawlaholic
kiwifarms.net
Sooo I got it day one.

First impressions are strong. The combat feels mostly the same, with a few tweaks here and there. I'm only a couple hours in, so I'm still getting a handle on the mechanics, but I'm digging it thus far.

I will say this: this game is drop-dead gorgeous. Majula, this game's Firelink Shrine analogue, is absolutely stunning.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sooo I got it day one.

First impressions are strong. The combat feels mostly the same, with a few tweaks here and there. I'm only a couple hours in, so I'm still getting a handle on the mechanics, but I'm digging it thus far.

I will say this: this game is drop-dead gorgeous. Majula, this game's Firelink Shrine analogue, is absolutely stunning.
Since you have the game, any tips you might want to share with those who are waiting to get their copy?

Springblossom

Dungeon Crawlaholic
kiwifarms.net
Since you have the game, any tips you might want to share with those who are waiting to get their copy?
Don't start with the dual swordsman class. If you want to dual wield, you can find decent weapons fairly early, but finding a good shield is harder. Also, if you want to slide down a ladder, you have to hold Down + B. Pressing B just makes your guy let go.

JeffMangum

Now in Pog Form!
kiwifarms.net
I'm not going to be getting this until the price goes down, but I know this game will be amazing. It doesn't help that I didn't beat the original.

Reactions: Oglooger

Venusaur

Kiwi Farms Produce Inspector
kiwifarms.net
Getting it when it comes out on PC, but I might wait for a bit to see what people say about the controls. I have no idea how true it is, but I remember people complaining that "Dark Souls 1 was unplayable on PC!"

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino