Souls Thread: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Bloodborne -

albert chan

Spanish women are the best.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Demon Souls for the PS3 seems like a good game to play on the holidays. Though, I’m surprised not a lot of people mention Bloodbourne that much if you compare it to the star power that it had in 2015. I’m still waiting for a sequel to it.

How is Nioh 2? I didn't like the first one.

Slightly better than the first in my opinion. Though, the combat elements in the first Nioh were much better than the second.

Naamaleipuri

Has ugly pecs that creep everybody out
kiwifarms.net
I don't think it has been mentioned that Nioh 2 Complete Edition, which is the game prepackaged with all 3 expansions, has been announced for ps4 and pc and is scheduled to be released february 5th, 2021.

I know there's a nioh 2 thread, but I thought people here might care, also that thread is dead.
Damn! Thanks! I was just about thinking of buying Nioh 2. I'll wait for a deal now!

wholetthegodsout

kiwifarms.net
Demon souls is the first real souls game I’m trying to beat. I got completely destroyed by that armored spider. Like it hits me with the web Half the time before I can even get down the tunnel. Died in human form twice and now that world has the annoying red enemies? Should I move on to the other arch stones and explore that?

wtfNeedSignUp

kiwifarms.net
Demon souls is the first real souls game I’m trying to beat. I got completely destroyed by that armored spider. Like it hits me with the web Half the time before I can even get down the tunnel. Died in human form twice and now that world has the annoying red enemies? Should I move on to the other arch stones and explore that?
If it didn't change too much from the ps3 days, then you should at least beat the first bosses in his area. The second boss in that area is far more brutal.

wholetthegodsout

kiwifarms.net
I have no problems with the orcs in the mines. The spider boss just destroys me.

This after I tried crossing the bridge in world 1 and got destroyed by tower knight

I think I might try the other arch stones. The swamp one might be doable

Dang Woodchucks!

Ancient Geek Philosopher
kiwifarms.net
This is off topic though, and just makes me hope that we get Elden Ring news next month.
>August 2020
Bro...

Miyazaki made a horrible mistake putting any faith in that fat fuck to get shit done.
First time going through Dark Souls 2. Just a question, the moment you see The Gutter, are you supposed to learn how to automatically cuss in Swahili?
If i recall, the gutter is close to the late game, so my two cents: work on buffing your weapons and use the torch.

Ihavetinyweewee

But massive grotesque balls
kiwifarms.net
>August 2020
Bro...

Miyazaki made a horrible mistake putting any faith in that fat fuck to get shit done.

If i recall, the gutter is close to the late game, so my two cents: work on buffing your weapons and use the torch.

I don't think that fat fuck is holding anything up. I think his contributions were done early and minimal...

More than likely the games scope is a bit taxing(from a level design standpoint). I mean it is an open world game...

Jaimas

HUP HUP HUP HUP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
First time going through Dark Souls 2. Just a question, the moment you see The Gutter, are you supposed to learn how to automatically cuss in Swahili?
This is normal. The Gutter has two basic ways to handle it, a plodding approach where you invest in a torch early on and use it to light all the various fires here, which will make the stage layout make a fuck of a lot more sense and will eventually unlock the shortcuts and plenty of goodies, or find the way to fall through it while still surviving and haul ass to the door to Black Gulch.

If I have any advice for this area, it's that monsters will respawn, but broken poison-spewing statues won't. Also anything black and liquidy will burst into flames if you light it with pyromancy or a torch or fire arrows. Abuse this.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Did they patch out the Gold Coin trick for the DES remake or is it still in there?

I don't have a PS5 yet, but I'm debating on getting the physical edition to run unpatched, just like how Bloodborne's physical edition still had the item dupe and 12 hour memory leak which causes the bosses to spaz out.

I've gone through PS3's DES platinum run a few times already but facerolling like that looks like fun.

JektheDumbass

kiwifarms.net
This is normal. The Gutter has two basic ways to handle it, a plodding approach where you invest in a torch early on and use it to light all the various fires here, which will make the stage layout make a fuck of a lot more sense and will eventually unlock the shortcuts and plenty of goodies, or find the way to fall through it while still surviving and haul ass to the door to Black Gulch.

If I have any advice for this area, it's that monsters will respawn, but broken poison-spewing statues won't. Also anything black and liquidy will burst into flames if you light it with pyromancy or a torch or fire arrows. Abuse this.
To clarify, the statues won't return unless ypu warp out of the area. Going back to Majula or to a previous bonfire (even another gutter bonfire) will cause them to respawn, dying or resting at a bonfire will not. I prefer the torch and slow movement method, there's a lot of cool stuff in the gutter. I enjoyed it personally, then again I also loved Blighttown so take that how you will.

Jaimas

HUP HUP HUP HUP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To clarify, the statues won't return unless ypu warp out of the area. Going back to Majula or to a previous bonfire (even another gutter bonfire) will cause them to respawn, dying or resting at a bonfire will not. I prefer the torch and slow movement method, there's a lot of cool stuff in the gutter. I enjoyed it personally, then again I also loved Blighttown so take that how you will.
I genuinely like the Gutter more than Blighttown, mostly because it runs at more than 8 frames a second.

Wraith

Made pure again from the hardest game on earth.
kiwifarms.net
>August 2020
Bro...

The enemies in the oil pits can be stunned with fire arrow iirc.

Thanks a bunch, guys. The moment I got down there and looked around internally I was twitching wondering if two nukes in japan was enough. I mean, I've easily beaten DS1 and 3, so... whatever.

Gezkill

Waifu Lord
kiwifarms.net
I've just beaten Dark Souls 1 and now I'm playing Dark Souls 3. I've already beaten 2 but dear lord I can't do my tanky knight build.

Panama

kiwifarms.net
I've just beaten Dark Souls 1 and now I'm playing Dark Souls 3. I've already beaten 2 but dear lord I can't do my tanky knight build.
Ha, don't even try tanking in DS3. Poise effectively no longer exists, except for hyper armor in certain movesets. If you want to take any hits, use a shield with 100% physical absorption, otherwise Fashion Souls and roll.

Gezkill

Waifu Lord
kiwifarms.net
Ha, don't even try tanking in DS3. Poise effectively no longer exists, except for hyper armor in certain movesets. If you want to take any hits, use a shield with 100% physical absorption, otherwise Fashion Souls and roll.
Yeah then I'm gonna skip it. My reaction time is pretty shit and being forced to do that is just fucking terrible.

Going to finish my NG+ on DS1.