Souls Thread: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Bloodborne -

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
So a while ago, my Landlord gave me a PS3 and said that if I could get it working, I could keep it.

So I did. Part replacement here and there and now I have a functioning PS3, just in time for PSN's servers to go offline for the console for good. Fun times! But the best part is that I finally was able to get a copy of Demon's Souls classic, and was able to play it for the first time in like 14 years.

Playing this game after playing other Souls titles is a fucking trip, let me tell you. Unless you'd played King's Field or Evergrace there really wasn't anything like this, and neither of those games was really comparable to Demon's Souls. The lighting engine barely works, the game's encounter design is questionable, and yet everything else just hits it out of the park. It's way better than it has any right to be, even with how primitive and jank it is. Coming back to the Vanguard and just having absolutely no trouble with it because of ages of knowing how to dodge is just too fun.

It's old, it's clunky, and I'm loving it.
Hold up dude, you can still play Demon Souls online with your ps3.

They're not tied to needing PSN or any other service. You just have to change some settings in your internet connection and you're set.

Chris Mclean

kiwifarms.net
I just finished ds 2 and i got to say its a real disapoinment.
The game is better in some aspects then ds1 but in none that matter and its worse in all that matter. I guess if your an avid pvper or someone expirnced in dark souls you will find it good but for me it was real meh. The level design was genrally better then ds1 but almost no levels stood out making them all feel rather generic.
The game has an obsession with proving how hard it is making it a lot more frustrating then it needs to be. By either throwing enmies at you or having enmies not play by the same rules you do.

Adaptablilty was a stupid fucking idea. Tying any stat to estus drinking speed and rolling effectiveness is just stupid and makes the combat feel slugish and unresponsive until you get it to 30.
Reusing so many of the boss model as regular enmies made them feel pointless. A lot of the bosses were actually pointless with how easy they were. The conregation and covetus demon comes to mind. The only one i struggled with was the persuer and thats beaucse he has acording to me an excesive amount of tracking on his attacks. The game in general feels like it needed 6 or so more months in the oven.

REMEMBERMKULTRA

What else are they lying about?
kiwifarms.net
The game in general feels like it needed 6 or so more months in the oven.
That's pretty much correct, but I still really enjoyed 2 for introducing a lot of new enemies, weapons and spells. Ds3 was mostly just references to 1, which I found disappointing. Also 2 has a very open map, in comparison to 3's linearity.

Tom Myers

kiwifarms.net
I was trying to NG+ Dark Souls Remastered but Ornstein and Smough are just punishing now. I even got two summon easy mode and they both died in the first phase.

BroccoliBrain

my corpus callosum is green
kiwifarms.net
I don't even want to play it that badly but I keep having Bloodborne dreams because I'm so bored of the Souls setting and starved of Fromsoft content. I'm relatively spoiler free so what I end up dreaming about often looks like cartridge tilted Irithyll with a lot of eerie empty areas like dummied out testing areas.

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but someone has been working on a PS1 style recreation of Bloodborne.

I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, this looks pretty damn great and has a lot of potential.

On the other hand, this is the person behind it:

I've never felt so much excitement and disappointment all at once before.

God of Nothing

kiwifarms.net
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but someone has been working on a PS1 style recreation of Bloodborne.

I don't know how to feel about this. On one hand, this looks pretty damn great and has a lot of potential.

Oh come on, it can't be tha-
....What the fuck bizarro world is this?

knightlautrec

Keh heh heh heh…
kiwifarms.net

The programmer to troon cycle is real. Effeminate men with autism thinking they're 'women' now just because they don't like sports and go on about how hard being a woman in the industry is. I've met these dudes. Who have the audacity to say it to my face. An actual woman. Who makes games. Like fuck off uggo.

Mostly I'm wondering why for Bloodborne in PSX. It looks cool but? That's about it. Why would I want a downgraded version of a beautiful game that has amazing art direction? Maybe I'm a cynic. I imagine this'll go the way of most of these fan projects and never release or get a big ol' cease and desist.

On a different note, just found out that Richard Pilbeam, also known as "Jerk Sans Frontieres", has become a transsexual. This is a full-blown plague.

Those comments ugh. Literally who? But the people dancing on the grave of the guy he used to be like he's a beautiful butterfly and not just an ugly balding fat man with hair clips is just...unbelievable. another man for the troon meat grinder. These people are going to die alone. Men don't want you, let alone sane women. I would say I was worried about the aging troon population but let's face it - they'll 41 percent before then to the relief of everyone.

Last edited:

Overcast

Buttmunch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The programmer to troon cycle is real. Effeminate men with autism thinking they're 'women' now just because they don't like sports and go on about how hard being a woman in the industry is. I've met these dudes. Who have the audacity to say it to my face. An actual woman. Who makes games. Like fuck off uggo.

Mostly I'm wondering why for Bloodborne in PSX. It looks cool but? That's about it. Why would I want a downgraded version of a beautiful game that has amazing art direction? Maybe I'm a cynic. I imagine this'll go the way of most of these fan projects and never release or get a big ol' cease and desist.

Those comments ugh. Literally who? But the people dancing on the grave of the guy he used to be like he's a beautiful butterfly and not just an ugly balding fat man with hair clips is just...unbelievable. another man for the troon meat grinder. These people are going to die alone. Men don't want you, let alone sane women. I would say I was worried about the aging troon population but let's face it - they'll 41 percent before then to the relief of everyone.
I don’t know, I’ve always been a sucker for the PSX style and it meshes well with Bloodborne’s aesthetic.

But yeah, it’s a shame to see such talent get potentially wasted by identity politics.