Souls Thread: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Bloodborne -

Ruin

Big tiddy Nazi GF
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One of them is Supposedly a new Tenchu game but that seems like a serious stretch to me.

King n Yellow

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'll take a guess:

Bloodborne 2

New Armored Core

New IP
They're not going to do a Bloodborne 2 unless Sony gives them the greenlight since Sony owns the IP for that title. It's why we've never seen a Demons Souls 2 and why Demons Souls and Bloodborne aren't on PC. The only Souls IP From owns solely is the Dark Souls series.

c-no

Psalty
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
One of them is Supposedly a new Tenchu game but that seems like a serious stretch to me.
Tenchu might be one though From Software also made Otogi which also involved ninjas. It would also be one hell of a stretch to think they could make another Shadow Tower game.

Malt Liquor

kiwifarms.net
There's a big chance one of the three will be related to Metal Wolf Chaos, since Devolver have posted the Presidential Sign on their Twitter

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1005091916906713091/photo/1

It's time for the most American game ever to be unleashed on the american soil

If instead Devolver will annunce a sequel with totally NOT Trump as protagonist,be ready for a storm of salt

Burned Man

Trans-Legion burnedgender Mormankin
kiwifarms.net
There's a big chance one of the three will be related to Metal Wolf Chaos, since Devolver have posted the Presidential Sign on their Twitter

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1005091916906713091/photo/1

It's time for the most American game ever to be unleashed on the american soil

If instead Devolver will annunce a sequel with totally NOT Trump as protagonist,be ready for a storm of salt
You know I think this is just the thing we need right now to make america great again. Michael Wilson 2020.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Clown Doll

His own Free Bitch
Staff Member
Community Admin
kiwifarms.net
They're not going to do a Bloodborne 2 unless Sony gives a greenlight for that game.
I'm perfectly fine with no Bloodborne 2 tbh. Bloodborne was great, but I just don't see it working all that well. Dark Souls 2 and 3 felt like they were held back by the expectation of having to be sequels to Dark Souls and even in the optimal case a "Bloodborne 2" would be held back in terms of mechanics and setting because it has to appeal to Bloodborne fans' expectations.

Ideally we'd get a spiritual sequel that takes inspiration from the world design of Souls (particularly that of DS1) and the combat and trick weapons of Bloodborne but set in a completely different setting in a new I.P. Something that's entirely it's own thing instead of having to fit precisely in Souls / BB format.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm perfectly fine with no Bloodborne 2 tbh. Bloodborne was great, but I just don't see it working all that well. Dark Souls 2 and 3 felt like they were held back by the expectation of having to be sequels to Dark Souls and even in the optimal case a "Bloodborne 2" would be held back in terms of mechanics and setting because it has to appeal to Bloodborne fans' expectations.

Ideally we'd get a spiritual sequel that takes inspiration from the world design of Souls (particularly that of DS1) and the combat and trick weapons of Bloodborne but set in a completely different setting in a new I.P. Something that's entirely it's own thing instead of having to fit precisely in Souls / BB format.
I love the 3 Souls games (I never played Demons or Bloodborne) but I think all 3 have their flaws. 1 is too cryptic, the lack of 8-way dodge sucks, getting stun-locked sucks, and if you're stuck it can be really frustrating when you have to backtrack or walk all the way back to a spot (coughBedOfChaoscough). 2 is probably my favorite even though I do agree with some of the criticisms like the lack of heavy weapons auto-tracking, removing invincibility frames when rolling, too many humanoid bosses, the problems with leveling if you want to PVP (I don't like PVP so that aspect didn't bother me) but I liked that it still let you do what you wanted like the first game. You had the freedom to explore and go off the beaten path and if you were good you could advance. Souls 2 is better than 1 in that regard because in Souls 1 if you go into the Catacombs from the start, beat Pinwheel, fuck you, you're not allowed to go any farther than that and have to go back.

The combat in Souls 3 is pretty much perfect. As is the controls and interface. But, FROM decided to dumb it down and you don't have an open world to explore and just stick to one main path for most of the game. Also, the first DLC was very lackluster.

If they make another one and set it in another time period they're kind of screwed. Because Nioh did the Samurai era and The Surge did the future. They could do caveman times I guess or do another kind of future with mechs and shit like in Ghost in the Shell?

Clown Doll

His own Free Bitch
Staff Member
Community Admin
kiwifarms.net
Not having any sort of confirmed multiplayer or character creator is leaving me a bit worried. Also not really feeling the english voiceacting, hopefully they will record and let you select japanese voiceovers. Either way, I'll try my best to adjust to this game not as a 'Souls game' but rather as it's own thing, an action game that goes into a different direction. Personally I hope that after Shadows Die Twice they'll do something with the Souls formula that mixes traditional single-player with asymmetrical PvP and co-op but for the time being I'm being open-minded about the new game. Oh, and I really hope there will be trick / transforming weapons in some capacity.

Burned Man

kiwifarms.net
Not having any sort of confirmed multiplayer or character creator is leaving me a bit worried. Also not really feeling the english voiceacting, hopefully they will record and let you select japanese voiceovers. Either way, I'll try my best to adjust to this game not as a 'Souls game' but rather as it's own thing, an action game that goes into a different direction. Personally I hope that after Shadows Die Twice they'll do something with the Souls formula that mixes traditional single-player with asymmetrical PvP and co-op but for the time being I'm being open-minded about the new game. Oh, and I really hope there will be trick / transforming weapons in some capacity.
Probably will be some sort of trick weaponry or gadgets, it looked like his arm turned into an ax and he pulled that weird umbrella fan shield out too. What I wonder is how the respawning works since he seemed to revive in the middle of that fight, I'm assuming it was just for cinematic purposes but I wonder. Hell maybe it is some sort of respawn where you die system but you only get one, hence shadows die twice.

• Agree
Reactions: BrunoMattei

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
Probably will be some sort of trick weaponry or gadgets, it looked like his arm turned into an ax and he pulled that weird umbrella fan shield out too. What I wonder is how the respawning works since he seemed to revive in the middle of that fight, I'm assuming it was just for cinematic purposes but I wonder. Hell maybe it is some sort of respawn where you die system but you only get one, hence shadows die twice.
Single-player only just confirmed on stream. They also said it's sort of a black/white GET REVENGE mode. All the mobs turn away as you 'fake death' and get to attack once more. They didn't say what the penalty of the following real death was, nor how or why this kicks in.

So probably just like a major cooldown or once-a-life you get to dodge death. I really doubt it kicks in outside combat or 1v1 against weak units.

Ruin

Big tiddy Nazi GF
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone know what the helm/gauntlets in the vid are? I haven't seen them yet in my playthrough.

Burned Man

kiwifarms.net
Does anyone know how invasions work in the Remaster? Do invaders get buffs if the host has phantoms or are we just getting invaded by NG+ people or something? Everyone that invaded us in Sen's had more then my 1500 health and dealt out more damage then my quality build friend and had several high level spells attuned. In other words every invader we had was a master of all trades it seemed.

• Agree
Reactions: knightlautrec
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino