Souls Thread: Dark Souls, Demon Souls, Bloodborne -

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone know what the helm/gauntlets in the vid are? I haven't seen them yet in my playthrough.

Burned Man

Trans-Legion burnedgender Mormankin
kiwifarms.net
Does anyone know how invasions work in the Remaster? Do invaders get buffs if the host has phantoms or are we just getting invaded by NG+ people or something? Everyone that invaded us in Sen's had more then my 1500 health and dealt out more damage then my quality build friend and had several high level spells attuned. In other words every invader we had was a master of all trades it seemed.

Reactions: knightlautrec

Clown Doll

His own Free Bitch
Staff Member
Community Admin
kiwifarms.net
Anyone know what the helm/gauntlets in the vid are?
Helmet is called Morne's helm. I don't know about the gauntlets.

Does anyone know how invasions work in the Remaster?.
It should work the same way it does in Dark Souls 1 with the exception of Weapon Level matchmaking being added.

1527785563705.jpg

Last edited:

timecop

kiwifarms.net
in DS3 i've just finished going through farron keep, which was probably my lest favorite part in the game because of how often you were forced to move at a snail's pace. i last stopped at the catacombs, which isn't as bad but i've still got quite a way to go. once i get it i'm going to play through the rest of the game with the demon fist and fist my way to victory.

Burned Man

Trans-Legion burnedgender Mormankin
kiwifarms.net
Helmet is called Morne's helm. I don't know about the gauntlets.

It should work the same way it does in Dark Souls 1 with the exception of Weapon Level matchmaking being added.

Must be just people that optimized entirely for PVP then and some bad luck then. To put in perspective I got invaded by a fully kitted out Giant Dad in the depths of all places.

Clown Doll

His own Free Bitch
Staff Member
Community Admin
kiwifarms.net
Did they fix the Gravelord Covenant or is it still NG+ only for some reason?
The Black Phantoms from the gravelord covenant still only appear only on NG+. Their weird choices for covenants are still there, the only real change is that you can turn in multiple covenant offerings at once (which is a good thing at least). I understand why but it's still kind of upsetting because Dark Souls 1 had some of the most baffling decisions when it comes to the covenants. Like Princess Guard which doesn't even have leveling up in it or actual rewards for joining it, it just enables you to find two miracles you find elsewhere in the game. But they needed to make it a Covenant for some reason. And of course the good miracles that you'd want to go FTH for (Sunlight Spear, Darkmoon blade) are covenant-locked i.e you can't switch from the covenant the miracle belongs to or you can't use it.

in DS3 i've just finished going through farron keep, which was probably my lest favorite part in the game because of how often you were forced to move at a snail's pace. i last stopped at the catacombs, which isn't as bad but i've still got quite a way to go. once i get it i'm going to play through the rest of the game with the demon fist and fist my way to victory.
If you've got a weapon with a Quickstep weapon art(like a dagger), you can spam that and move through the bog at a reasonable speed. Should work even if you don't have FP I think but you just don't get any invulnerability frames on the quickstep.

Last edited:
Reactions: broilerrx

Clown Doll

His own Free Bitch
Staff Member
Community Admin
kiwifarms.net
While not strictly "Souls", there was a new 2-minute trailer on Sekiro, the upcoming action game by FromSoft at the Tokyo Game Show :
https://twitter.com/sekirothegame/status/1039136410941485057 (japanese with english subtitles) . The trailer does show footage of 3 bosses, two of them new to this trailer so if you want to go into the game completely blind, then it may not be for you even though they don't show a whole lot.

broilerrx

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone know what the helm/gauntlets in the vid are? I haven't seen them yet in my playthrough.

I know this is super late, but the gauntlets look like the Sellsword Gauntlets, starting gear of the Mercenary class, otherwise found between Road of Sacrifices and Farron Keep, in the area with the Black Knight and the Farron Coal. Near the entrances, you should see a set of stairs leading to a ledge above the Black Knight, where the item should be, if not under it.

Reactions: c-no

broilerrx

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

This is probably old news by now, but the idea of ceremonies being tied to invasions seems like it'd have been closer to Bloodborne's invasion system, if a bit more convoluted in terms of execution, when compared to how Bloodborne was a simple as summoning an allied player to open oneself to invasion.

Makes me wonder if certain locations would've been in an Eclipse State, as Bloodborne had the Nightmare Frontier & Nightmare of Mensis, where Chime Maidens that could summon invaders were spawned by default.

The 8 of Spades

This Is Our Church, These Are Your Sins.
kiwifarms.net
So I'm playing the dark souls remaster basically for the first time (I've gotten past the Bell Gargoyles on PC but then my Ds4 program goes all fucky and I can't control the camera anymore) as a knight, and I swear I read somewhere in the depths of the thread suggesting leveling VIT & END to 20 and then start working on the other attributes.

Is this a good plan for the knight? At SL 19 and just got to the Andre bonfire.

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So I'm playing the dark souls remaster basically for the first time (I've gotten past the Bell Gargoyles on PC but then my Ds4 program goes all fucky and I can't control the camera anymore) as a knight, and I swear I read somewhere in the depths of the thread suggesting leveling VIT & END to 20 and then start working on the other attributes.

Is this a good plan for the knight? At SL 19 and just got to the Andre bonfire.
VIT and END are always good stats to invest in IF you don't know what to invest in. If you want to use the Zweihander or whatever then STR would be a good stat to invest in as well.

Just for gods sake don't invest anything into Resistance and you're fine. Getting Havel's ring as early as you can helps too.

The 8 of Spades

This Is Our Church, These Are Your Sins.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, so I'm pretty sure the Taurus Demon glitched in my playthrough. He didn't wait until I got into the arena, he's standing right at the door with those FUCKING DOGS. As soon as I clear the fog he stun locks and then flattens me.

I'm glad you don't actually have to beat every boss, but it's kind of disappointing because I was looking forward to the fight I'd heard so much complaining about.

The Demon Pimp of Razgriz

Still Pimpin
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, so I'm pretty sure the Taurus Demon glitched in my playthrough. He didn't wait until I got into the arena, he's standing right at the door with those FUCKING DOGS. As soon as I clear the fog he stun locks and then flattens me.

I'm glad you don't actually have to beat every boss, but it's kind of disappointing because I was looking forward to the fight I'd heard so much complaining about.
Nope, that's just his boss fight. He does that to EVERYBODY. Its why nobody likes his boss fight.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino