Sour Candy - Actual sour candy, not wimpy sour candy

thejackal

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You can buy citric acid in bulk on Amazon and sometimes over by the spices. In addition to being an excellent dishwasher booster if you have hard water, it's also the main ingredient in sour candies. Malic acid is in the Toxic Waste candy and is similar, but with an even stronger sour flavor and slight bitterness.
I really want a sour, citric acid soaked spicy mango candy now.

These guys:

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
You can buy citric acid in bulk on Amazon and sometimes over by the spices. In addition to being an excellent dishwasher booster if you have hard water, it's also the main ingredient in sour candies. Malic acid is in the Toxic Waste candy and is similar, but with an even stronger sour flavor and slight bitterness.
Warheads also uses malic acid.

Does Cry Baby gum count? That stuff is so sour that it makes eyes water.
They also have a hard candy called Tear Drops that are teardrop-shaped more sour, harder Spree candy. They aren't quite Warheads tier, but they're pretty good. This is another I haven't seen around much lately.

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've never seen them. I've seen other Haribo sour gummies and not been terribly impressed by their level of sourness.
For some reason the cherry shaped ones are sourer than the rest.

But I guess there's more of the sour and sweet kind of candy and not on the same level as Toxic Waste (I like their Smog Ball sweets but they're not particularly sour either).

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
But I guess there's more of the sour and sweet kind of candy and not on the same level as Toxic Waste (I like their Smog Ball sweets but they're not particularly sour either).
I don't know why the few makers of super sour candies always have spin off products that aren't even remotely as sour. If you're buying stuff like Toxic Waste or Warheads, you want super sour. That's the selling point. For instance, Warheads has these sour chewy cube things that are Sour Patch Kids level sour.

Tragi-Chan

A thousand years old
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I came across something called Extra-Soor Plooms in Edinburgh, which were the sourest thing I've ever tasted. I offered them around to the people I was on holiday with and about half of them literally couldn't stand them and had to spit them out. I love sour sweets, but they were pretty strong even for me. I tried putting two in my mouth at once for a dare and basically burned my palate.

Haven't been able to find them since, but a quick online search has revealed something called Mega Sour Soor Plooms. More research is needed, I'll get back to you on this one.

Ruzan

kiwifarms.net
sour1.jpg sour2.jpg
I love sour candies and I'm with you on the fact that most stuff nowdays sucks. Like you said, Warheads has sour cubes, but they're not even sour, ect. I found that Rips and Sour Punch straws are pretty sour. They're not tear jerker sour, but they get the job done. I figured I'd toss those two out there for you to try. Also, you talking about ordering a bunch of sour candies from Japan to try sounds fun as hell. Maybe you could chronicle your sour adventures on here :p

Reactions: MerriedxReldnahc

Monsieur Guillotine

Performative Boomer
kiwifarms.net
@AnOminous I found Toxic Waste at a bulk store today, so I got some out of curiosity. Overall, I like these a lot better than Warheads, on account of the sour crystal interiors. I've never see these before though, so I'm sure you're right about them being hard to find.

Thank you for the inadvertent recommendation.

Reactions: AnOminous

sasazuka

Standing in the school hallway.
kiwifarms.net

When I was younger, I used to enjoy Extra Sour Tearjerkers gumballs. It was the sort of high-calibre version of "sour" that made the inside of my cheeks feel like they were on the verge of dissolving.

I'm not sure if those gumballs are sold anymore. The sourest I go these days is SweeTarts Sours, which is the current branding for the candy that used to be Shock Tarts and then Shockers.

Reactions: emitter

ATaxingWoman

Professional Tax Investigator (NOT in Canada)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Multicolored bands (bandeaux multicolorés):
FR_718633.png

I loved these when I was a kid. Too bad they're impossible to find where I live now

Tags
None