South Park discussion thread -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

Darwin Watterson

Custom titles are for nerds
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What does everyone think of the new season? So far, I'm enjoying it. They've been spot-on with every one of their criticisms of SJWs. My favorite episode so far is probably either last week's episode addressing Yelp reviewers, or last night's, which addressed the concept of hugboxes "safe spaces." I'm still waiting on them to touch on the "Cecil the lion" debacle from a few months ago, but I doubt they will now, because people seem to have forgotten about that for the most part.

R.A.E.L.

Sugarbaby
kiwifarms.net
I was never that big a fan of South Park, but I recently started to get more into it. That said I haven't been keeping up-to-date and really only watch whatever episode happens to be on.

CWCissey

Charming Man
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What does everyone think of the new season? So far, I'm enjoying it. They've been spot-on with every one of their criticisms of SJWs. My favorite episode so far is probably either last week's episode addressing Yelp reviewers, or last night's, which addressed the concept of hugboxes "safe spaces." I'm still waiting on them to touch on the "Cecil the lion" debacle from a few months ago, but I doubt they will now, because people seem to have forgotten about that for the most part.
They've been on top form so far. Loving the character of PC Principal, and the issues they're mocking are the ones that need mocking.

My favourite is probably the second episode, Mr. Garrison is always hilarious (except when complaining about his dad NOT molesting him of course) as are the Canadians, and it addressed the issue that the reason why people like Donald Trump are getting so popular is due to them not playing the politics game and preferring to address problems that voters are concerned about.

Glaive

Chadministrator
kiwifarms.net
Short review on the most recent fat shaming episode.

Imma spoiler it since plot giveaways and all.

Super mixed bag feelings on the episode. Fantastic concept to jab at while also continuing this season's trend of looking at online social justice type banter. In addition they managed to carry on a lot of characters and plot devices between the last few episode, so each one doesn't feel like a completely isolated 20 minute bit. Unusual for South Park.

On the flipside I don't think they delivered their material quite as well as they could have. There are so many directions they could have taken with fat shaming and picking real world examples to parody. Every scene with Steven Seagal or frankly any of the celeb references felt forced and didn't add anything for me. Same with having Cartman's Social Media filtered, aside from the tie-in at the end with #completelyshameless. That was well done. Also praising Randy's entire Whole Foods subplot. If anything, that could have gotten it's own episode with enough tacked on. Donating towards 'putting a hamster through college' would have to be my favorite line.

I heard someone make the joke "it's like the last few episodes were written by edgy GamerGater guys who browsed KiwiFarms for 10 minutes". A bit harsh but I do get a very bare bones, scrapping the mere surface, feel from the coverage. But that's probably just me being pretentious. A lot of viewers might have never even known about the body positivity movement, gotta remember the audience. Solid episode 7/10.

A Random

All aboard the Loco Express!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He may be an autistic fuck, but Bob at least was born in 80s America.

He knows who Seagal is, he just doesn't know he's a fat fuck either.

NeverHappened

That's the sound of books
kiwifarms.net
This episode is disappointing for it's subject matter. It shows yoai exists but it doesn't actually do anything offensive to the yaoi crowd. It was actually more pandering to yoai fangirls than anything else. The bulk of the runtime just became the same-old straight men has to pretend to be gay routine. It doesn't even have shipping wars, which I'm pretty sure would have been entertaining.

Pickle Inspector

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This episode is disappointing for it's subject matter. It shows yoai exists but it doesn't actually do anything offensive to the yaoi crowd. It was actually more pandering to yoai fangirls than anything else. The bulk of the runtime just became the same-old straight men has to pretend to be gay routine. It doesn't even have shipping wars, which I'm pretty sure would have been entertaining.
I enjoyed the episode but I think maybe it was for setting up events later in season, showing that everyone in the town is slowly accepting PC culture.

Tags
None