South Park discussion thread -

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

José Mourinho

The Special One
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Episode shouldn't be hard to screw up, it's most likely gonna be making fun of gatekeeping in hobbies for both sides, given the episode title. Stan's back to his old attire rather than having the "Tegridy Farms" shirt it seems, surprised they actually dropped the Tegridy Farms plot for this one for now (which makes the previous episode even more useless).

Strong Woman will be making an appearance too according to the website:

Syaoran Li

Let The Good Times Roll
kiwifarms.net
If Strong Woman breaks up with PC Prinicpal the theory that Trey’s upcoming divorce is affecting this season could be a bigger possibility.
Agreed. I'm curious if we're going to see a main antagonist figure in this season. We've had one every season since Season 19. Even Season 22 had Jeff Bezos in that role in the last several episodes.

It could be argued that Randy/Tegridy Farms is the main "bad guy" of Season 23, but if they're ending the Tegridy Farms gimmick early, then it's possible that we might see PC Principal go back to being an antagonist like he was in Season 19 or maybe Strong Woman is going to fill that role.

I'm curious to see how Season 24 will turn out, given the 2020 Election.

"About Last Night" and "Obama Wins!" were both deliberately written in a way where the episode could work no matter who won the election but both were from "stand alone" seasons. Then again, Season 20 was fucked over by the 2016 Election's outcome and while the seasons afterward weren't quite as structured and serialized as 19 and 20 were, they all still have a basic overarching theme and a loose plot arc.

Thank Fuck For Evil Otto

He lived the life of a black man, authentically.
kiwifarms.net
At least outside of here, people loved the Whites and the new episode. I don't find it funny but at least others seem to take a laugh out of them.

View attachment 1001673

However, this episode had the joint lowest rating for this episode for this season though on iMDB on par with "Mexican Joker". (Still, the new episode was rated 8.1 hours ago)

View attachment 1001675

Depending on what you mean by Zombie Simpsons.

If it's about the declining viewership, yes, but most people just watch the new episodes online for free and even the official website has these full episodes.

If it's about the difference in humor, yes, but humor can be subjective: Early South Park had more emphasis on the kids and toilet humor while new South Park had more emphasis on current news and events along with the adults (even the newest episode poked fun about it), and I do have some likings on the new South Park and there are some old South Park episodes which were considered meh.

If it's about the difference in how the plots were structured, Season 20 & 21 are perfect examples of how not to do plots and as a result tons of plotholes were made, but even Matt Stone and Trey Parker already made efforts to ensure they won't happen again.

If it's about quality, for me it did decline and personally for me, "Splatty Tomato" was when South Park jumped the shark, but there was no single episode which was considered to be universally bad to consider South Park to be jumping the shark apart from "A Million Little Fibres". Even the newest episode was considered to be favorable though.
1573569933651.png
He's not wrong, but dat username. lol.

1573570347257.png

1573570400366.png

Harnessed Carcass

In search of the strange or a hand to hold
kiwifarms.net
I mean, they've been doing that shtick since like; Big Gay Al's Big gay boat ride? While Matt and Trey have had ever shifting opinions on politics as the climates changed. If old mate over here is bored with political references and humour being one of the pillars of the south park formula by this point, he's either nostalgic for the earlier seasons, has had a shift in taste, political nuances or he genuinely thinks the other seasons weren't at least attempting to have political satire and humour? since that fuckin' Obama episode is still entertaining to me and that was more than 10 seasons ago. . . I guess Matt and Trey just went balls-to-the-wall on the booze? That's why they aren't clever enough for this big brain'd gentlemen as of late :'(

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
Episode shouldn't be hard to screw up, it's most likely gonna be making fun of gatekeeping in hobbies for both sides, given the episode title. Stan's back to his old attire rather than having the "Tegridy Farms" shirt it seems, surprised they actually dropped the Tegridy Farms plot for this one for now (which makes the previous episode even more useless).

Strong Woman will be making an appearance too according to the website:
With regards to the Strong Woman plot, I'm going to predict that she gets shown up by an obvious man who identifies as a woman, making her choose between being exposed as insufficiently PC or being taken advantage of by someone acting unfairly. (see also: Rhys MacKinnon)

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
With regards to the Strong Woman plot, I'm going to predict that she gets shown up by an obvious man who identifies as a woman, making her choose between being exposed as insufficiently PC or being taken advantage of by someone acting unfairly. (see also: Rhys MacKinnon)
Ya know whats really fuckin sad...they could straight up have fucking Yaniv show up in an episode to poke fun at, but I probably wouldn't watch it anyway because of how fucking boring the show is nowadays.

Its boring when taking aim at dumbass people/groups/concepts that I personally enjoy mocking and criticising, its boring when jumping on the trendy anti drumpf/republican/ICE bandwagons, its boring when doing apolitical absurdist shit, its boring when attacking china's authoritarianism.

I hate to say it but I think we are officially well into zombie South Park territory now

The best and greatest

kiwifarms.net
I wouldn't mind if they dropped the overarching stuff for the rest of the year. I don't mind it generally and I actually did dig the Tegridy shit, but it would be nice to just have a set of "classic" style episodes.
Tbh I don't really care for the serialized plots, it was fine when plots would only last two or three episodes but now they take up half the fucking season...

Syaoran Li

Let The Good Times Roll
kiwifarms.net
Ya know whats really fuckin sad...they could straight up have fucking Yaniv show up in an episode to poke fun at, but I probably wouldn't watch it anyway because of how fucking boring the show is nowadays.

Its boring when taking aim at dumbass people/groups/concepts that I personally enjoy mocking and criticising, its boring when jumping on the trendy anti drumpf/republican/ICE bandwagons, its boring when doing apolitical absurdist shit, its boring when attacking china's authoritarianism.

I hate to say it but I think we are officially well into zombie South Park territory now
Eh, I still like it, especially when compared to Zombie Simpsons or Zombie Family Guy.

Personally, I don't think we're at Zombie South Park just yet but we've reached a point where that is now a possibility, especially with Season 21 being a mess and Season 23 being utterly bipolar with awesome episodes like Band in China and Let Them Eat Goo and terrible episodes like Mexican Joker and Season Finale.

Like I said earlier, tonight's episode is either going to be really awesome or really awful and given how up and down this season is, I'd say it's a 50/50 shot either way.

Still, I will wait until I see how they handle the 2020 Election next season before I call it quits.

José Mourinho

The Special One
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Finally a good step up compared with the last one.

• Instead of the Tegridy Farms intro, it's now the PC Babies intro. Funnily enough, the episode is barely about them at all, and it even shows later.
  • The board games plot where Nicole and Tammy joined the Dice Studz Gamers Club, and managed to be better than the boys to the point Cartman is complaining about it to not just Mr Mackey but even to the Congress is decent, but imo needs to be polished a bit more.
  • Macho Ma-- I mean Heather Swanson identifying as a transwoman two weeks ago and beating up every women in women competitions cracked me up.
  • Heather is calling PC Principal and Strong Woman transphobes and PC babies actually didn't even cry about it at all.
  • PC Principal actually told Heather about how Heather went through male puberty? Insane for even him to call Heather out on it. Heather playing as victim to get PC Principal (who is later revealed to be Peter Charles) to be seen as a transphobe really nailed it.
  • Thanks to Cartman complaining, the school has a new policy and as a result, the girls have their own board game club which turned out to be much more impressive than the boys. Mr Mackey later told the boys to leave ("no boys in the girl school clubs") due to the new policy and Stan questioning "who made up that stupid rule?". Cartman even tried to play innocent and questioned that. Heh.
  • Heather Swanson was then invited to the school to be the motivational speaker. Heather's "manly" introduction got me laughing real hard.
  • Heather is then challenged by the board game girls to play board games and lost, and Heather complains about them "memorizing the rules" and "having an unfair advantage" and Cartman agrees.
  • Ended with a heartwarming ending, where the PC babies didn't really care about the situation being transphobic and viewed to be grown up. Overall, episode is good. Pretty weird that Wendy isn't in it though. Wendy is in, just more as a cameo, my bad.
Best to Worst for Season 23 imo:
  1. Band in China
  2. Let Them Eat Goo
  3. Board Girls
  4. Shots!!!
  5. Tegridy Farms Halloween Special
  6. Mexican Joker
  7. Season Finale

Btw, no new episode next week.

Last edited:

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
I liked the episode, but the ending was uncharacteristically optimistic for Southpark.

"PC babies, aka SJWs, are maturing! and they are learning to see the grey areas and questioning the advantage of biological males and start discussing these issues doesn't make you a transphobe. . If only...

Considering most of them are already grown up adults that still use Harry Potter as if it was like the bible for christians, I don't see that happening anytime soon. If they did, we wouldn't have most of the Tumblr and internet famous sections.

Last edited:
Tags
None