South Park (Not-So) Griefing Thread - "POST-COVID" Premiered on Paramount+ on November 25, 2021

UnKillShredDur

Tonight I dine on Christmas soup...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Minor bit of internet boomer nostalgia incoming: I fucking miss the old South Park Studios website. South Park was the only major show that had all episodes available to watch online with limited commercial interruptions (remember that?). If you had Adblock Plus, that was basically your ticket to free, uninterrupted episodes that you could legally watch.

Then they had to make that accursed contract with Hulu in like 2013/2014...
i membah. I haven't seen the new episode yet though.

Kramer on the phone

the lolcow's advocate
kiwifarms.net
Behold older Kenny.
i'm say he reminds me of someone but i think its just generic science dude. honestly they knocked it out of the park; plus who doesn't want to see how these people ended up. i'm a sucker for that shit. unironically this feels like Matt&Trey from 2002 went to the future and made this episode. amazed how the story ended up.

Staffy

bark
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
i'm say he reminds me of someone but i think its just generic science dude. honestly they knocked it out of the park; plus who doesn't want to see how these people ended up. i'm a sucker for that shit. unironically this feels like Matt&Trey from 2002 went to the future and made this episode. amazed how the story ended up.
I haven't seen it too but with the premise and with the previews it actually seems like nailing the point nicely with current events. Maybe they just needed to take some time off or think it slowly? That or they read this thread or the very few places that are criticizing them for the meh episodes lately. Funnily Trey and Matt can fit into some of the subforums here.

Kramer on the phone

the lolcow's advocate
kiwifarms.net
I haven't seen it too but with the premise and with the previews it actually seems like nailing the point nicely with current events. Maybe they just needed to take some time off or think it slowly? That or they read this thread or the very few places that are criticizing them for the meh episodes lately. Funnily Trey and Matt can fit into some of the subforums here.
i'll admit it. i'm one of the writers. you're welcome. also eric was based on ethan ralph.

Coolio55

Numbuh one brony in da hood, G
kiwifarms.net
Minor bit of internet boomer nostalgia incoming: I fucking miss the old South Park Studios website. South Park was the only major show that had all episodes available to watch online with limited commercial interruptions (remember that?). If you had Adblock Plus, that was basically your ticket to free, uninterrupted episodes that you could legally watch.

Then they had to make that accursed contract with Hulu in like 2013/2014...
Due to licencing rights issues you couldn't watch on South Park Studios wherever I lived so I had to watch in allsp shit-o-vision with flash ads up and down the page.
Still kicked ass for a hyperactive 8-year-old though.

Cardenio

*YAWN*
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also Cartman isn’t going to help solve the problem because he doesn’t want to lose his wife and kids. So he’s still going to be the “bad” one, just in a different context.[/ISPOILER]
And what's fun in this scenario is that the adult Cartman has a point, yes the other grown up adults want a better future but how could you ask Cartman to lose his children, loving wife, and straight up happiness? It's not his fault that Stan and Kyle ended up being total losers in this timeline.

Last edited:

Never Scored

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Due to licencing rights issues you couldn't watch on South Park Studios wherever I lived so I had to watch in allsp shit-o-vision with flash ads up and down the page.
This makes me feel nostalgic and old at the same time.

Has this actually been released yet? I'm not finding it online.
It's up on the torrent sites.

*Edit* Late and gay.

Last edited:

MooseGump

Woah
kiwifarms.net
Just finished it, not a bad episode. I just love how the future's only really dystopian in dumb little ways rather than in an over the top way. Alexa being a bitch was probably the funniest thing to me.
Those little details like the school being this modern mess of a building and everything having that "plus" added were pretty good, I didn't see Timmy anywhere but I hope he's paired up with Butters somehow

José Mourinho

The Special One
Forum Staff
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The special is above average, better than the Vaccination Special for sure. Seeing the kids being grown up as adults in this dystopian-like future is interesting, and the callbacks to past episodes are pretty good, (for instance, Stan becoming an alcoholic like his dad and his quotes are taken from Randy in "Freemium Isn't Free" which are really good, or how Kyle thought Mr Hankey would come back) I really enjoyed how the kids being grown up are portrayed in this episode, and Cartman and Kenny are the best ones for me. I also enjoyed how the episode seems to make fun about how COVID is never going to end even after 40 years, which is in contrast compared with the ending of the Vaccination Special. Whether this is Matt and Trey trying to backtrack or not doesn't quite matter to me however. However, some of the jokes personally for me did run into the ground for a bit too long (e.g. "It's the future....", Stan arguing with his Alexa as well as Alexa trying to promote stuff to him and being angry when Stan rejects it, etc.) and some of the scenes did drag on a bit too long to the point I think Matt & Trey are just filling the remaining runtime of the movie with some filler to get on with it.

If I were to nitpick a bit more, I find it weird that the episode mentioning Stan burning the farm down ending up killing Shelly and Sharon shooting herself but there's no flashback scenes which if we've seen it in action it would've make the episode much more interesting, and given how the ghosts of Sharon and Shelly seemed to be perfectly fine with Randy and even being forgiving towards him rather than being angry with him in the previous season and specials (heck, Sharon even wanted a divorce with him and he even locked Shelly in the farm), I suspect there may be some more that we don't know about. I also find some of the walking animation of the characters a bit off like they are dragged from point A to point B or from the Ubisoft South Park video games.

Overall, it's still an alright special, although I have some personal minor pointless gripes with it as mentioned above, see you in (hopefully not) 6-8 months for the next special since this is Part 1 of the story, and it ends on a cliffhanger involving Victor Chaos who is obviously future Butters hiding the secrets behind COVID-19, Randy Marsh might return selling weed after seeing the last remaining sprout in his farm, and Cartman actually doesn't want the future to change given how his life has changed. , although apparently that two films are confirmed to be released by end of this year, so the next one may be here quicker than we thought.