Sparkling Water: Yea or Neh -

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
Flavored seltzer’s are okay, I remember raspberry New York Seltzer and loved that shit as a kid. It’s still good, but I’ve only found it in little glass bottles at World Market.

Unflavored and/or natural shit like Perrier and the like are nasty and bitter.

• Agree
Reactions: JYBlowsIt

Travis Touchdown Cumsock

What an absolute travesty.
kiwifarms.net
To me it tastes like flat Alka-Seltzer, so not my thing. Sometimes flavored sparkling water is decent if the flavor is good though. That's almost like a super bland soda...carbonated with Alka-Seltzer.

At most...I'd drink it if I was super thirsty and no other drink was available, but that's it.

ricecake

Immunocompromised Cougar
kiwifarms.net
I like it. We drink a lot of it in our house. I know a couple guys who kicked a heavy beer problem switching to seltzer. One of them lost like 100 lb. just by cutting out beer.

My favorites are Waterloo grape and Bubly watermelon.

Coffee Shits

Hardcore
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yes, I like it. The bubbles are pleasant and the taste is in a nice spot between soda (strong) and plain water (tasteless if it's sourced from a quality spring). Poland Spring is my go-to for water nowadays, both sparkling and still.

Reactions: HamFan

glass_houses

ready for the troonpocalypse
kiwifarms.net
I drink a shitton of the cheap stuff. Between the chlorine-happy water plant operators running town water and the antique plumbing where I live, the tap water in my house tastes like trying to pick up a twenty cent piece from the bottom of a public pool with your mouth. If I'm going to buy water, might as well buy something that fizzes. I'm poor though, so it's the cheap stuff, supermarket brand, no flavouring. Sometimes I'll treat myself to some cordial, the good stuff like elderflower, or lemon lime and bitters.

• Feels
Reactions: JYBlowsIt

HamFan

Hi, guize! OK, so
kiwifarms.net
I love it, but wish it wasn't so expensive. I have a hard time getting over a can of sparkling water being more expensive than an energy drink that will give me a buzz. I'll probably get a soda stream eventually. It's great when you're cutting calories because the bubbles are filling and distracting when you're hungry between meals.

Last edited:
Reactions: UnimportantFarmer

twi1992

Buckle the Fuck Up Slut, We're Geting Shitfaced.
kiwifarms.net
I like a sparkling water because I was trying to cut sugar and like the bubbles. They're not all built the same though:

La Croix tastes better than Bubbly
New York Seltzer is dope
San Pellegrino tastes better than Perrier but Perrier has good flavors if you don't mind the mineral taste
(Related) White Claws taste better than Truly

• Informative

JYBlowsIt

ONLY THE STRONG WILL SURVIVE
kiwifarms.net
I don't notice any strange taste, but I've been drinking seltzer before LaCroix existed, so maybe I'm used to it. I think Waterloo's one of the better seltzer brands in terms of flavor but it's a bit expensive.

My favorite is Poland Spring Vanilla Lemon sparkling water, but for some reason, the only place to get it is convenience stores so getting it in a six pack is impossible. I feel a bit bad taking more than three bottles.

Francis E. Dec Esc.

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm a big fan. I quit drinking beer last year, so I like to have a cold can or bottle of something fizzy handy as a placebo.

My top three flavors:

1. Kroger Blackberry Citrus
2. La Croix Peach-Pear (It tastes just like a Jelly Belly. I'm serious.)
3. La Croix/Aldi Passionfruit

Also, I like Topo Chico and Jarritos Mineralagua with limes.

R.A.E.L.

Sugarbaby
kiwifarms.net
Shit’s nasty. I once forgot to clarify that I wanted still water while in Italy and had to dump my glass in a nearby plant.