Sparkling Water: Yea or Neh -

L50LasPak

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
kiwifarms.net
There's definitely some kind of difference between sparkling water and seltzer water. I enjoy seltzer so much I even like it completely flavorless and I'll just drink that shit straight out of the can. The cheapest grocery store shit is the best. Sparkling water has this almost mild sugaryness to it (despite generally having no sugar) that really puts me off. It seems to occupy this no man's land between seltzer/club soda and just regular soda.

Reactions: Coffee Shits
There's definitely some kind of difference between sparkling water and seltzer water. I enjoy seltzer so much I even like it completely flavorless and I'll just drink that shit straight out of the can. The cheapest grocery store shit is the best. Sparkling water has this almost mild sugaryness to it (despite generally having no sugar) that really puts me off. It seems to occupy this no man's land between seltzer/club soda and just regular soda.
I was curious so i looked it up. Perrier or San Pellegrino (both owned by Nestle, yuck) both of those are sparkling mineral waters, so the bubbles are smaller and finer and the carbonation is naturally occurring. Apparently the carbonation comes straight from the source.

Seltzer and club soda are both examples of what's functionally artificial mineral water. La Croix falls somewhere under this, although I never considered their water to be "mineral" rich. I'm looking at a bottle right now, and there is no mention of a water source, but it doesn't mention minerals, or reverse osmosis either.

I haven't had Pellegrino in a long time, but there was a deep sale on Perrier at my grocer, so I got a bunch of 1 liter bottles in various flavors, along with my usual La Croix. Couldn't really taste a difference between "natural" and artifical. I simply go for whatever "flavor" I like best.

If I had to guess, I'd guess the artificial carbonation is harsher because of the bigger bubbles, and gives you that carbonated burn feeling that I have grown to love.

Last edited:

Yoghurt Baby

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
kiwifarms.net
frozen mashed mangos
That would kill me personally but I like the thought of frozen fruit in bong. I feel like you'd need a bong with a bigger water bowl and be willing to clean it super often. My bong is tiny and hard to take apart but someday a nice peach san pellegrino with mashed blueberries would be fancy. Perhaps to christen in a new one.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That would kill me personally but I like the thought of frozen fruit in bong. I feel like you'd need a bong with a bigger water bowl and be willing to clean it super often. My bong is tiny and hard to take apart but someday a nice peach san pellegrino with mashed blueberries would be fancy. Perhaps to christen in a new one.
I had some bag of frozen mangos that got freezer burnt to hell and back and
bong.jpg
>rocking a bong anything less than a half foot
shiggity higgity mah niggity

melty

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I love sparkling water, and LaCroix is my favorite. I drink it like it's my job. Not all the flavors are good. My favorites are:
NICOLA - this is my favorite, and it's controversial because if you're expecting cola you'll be disappointed. I thought it was pretty weird when I first tried it, but I love it now.
Watermelon: this is a close second. I had no idea it existed until I found it recently on what looked like a seasonal display. I hope it sticks around.
Coconut
Apricot is pretty good
Berry and passion fruit aren't bad
Mango is pretty good

The worst ones are the most common ones, imo. Lemon, lime, plain, and orange aren't worth drinking. Pamplemousse, Cran raspberry and peach-pear are mediocre. Most of the mixed flavors aren't that great either, but I still prefer them to most other brands of sparkling water.

Last edited:

Clown College

Yo where da hot bhabhi at!
kiwifarms.net
Nay on LaCroix it's overrated. I did get this cherry vanilla stuff from Wal_Mart the other day that was pretty good, their cherry limeade flavor house brand is probably my favorite.

Reactions: Francis E. Dec Esc.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nay on LaCroix it's overrated. I did get this cherry vanilla stuff from Wal_Mart the other day that was pretty good, their cherry limeade flavor house brand is probably my favorite.
I think I tried Walmart generic, wasn't bad but iirc they wanted pretty legit amounts of money for Walmart generic

Clown College

Yo where da hot bhabhi at!
kiwifarms.net
I think I tried Walmart generic, wasn't bad but iirc they wanted pretty legit amounts of money for Walmart generic
Ya it can be pretty pricey I don't tend to buy that stuff a lot just as a treat. I've been trying to drink only water for a while now so it is a nice alternative.

Reactions: XYZpdq

Rigor Meowtis

Good thing I don't know how to read
kiwifarms.net
For me, sparking water can be hit or miss. I have tried this brand called bubbly, and I quite enjoyed it. You can actually taste the flavor they put in there instead of tasting pure ass.

Clovis

The blood of these whores is killing me!
kiwifarms.net
Wait...Am I being stupid or are we conflating sparkling mineral water with colourless carbonated drinks? Most flavoured fizzy water is just lemonade or tab clear under another guise. Sugar, water, flavour, carbonation.
If we are talking actual water; I like both. Always hated the weird flavour of fizzy water then I went to Germany where it seems to be the norm and learned to love it.

It's not, in any universe, a beer substitute though.

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wait...Am I being stupid or are we conflating sparkling mineral water with colourless carbonated drinks? Most flavoured fizzy water is just lemonade or tab clear under another guise. Sugar, water, flavour, carbonation.
If we are talking actual water; I like both. Always hated the weird flavour of fizzy water then I went to Germany where it seems to be the norm and learned to love it.

It's not, in any universe, a beer substitute though.
Yeah we're talking more like LaCroix and those other ones that don't have sweetener, just runoff from fruit peel processing or whatever.

• Informative
Reactions: Clovis

XYZpdq

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
double-posting as I just tried Publix Generic lemon flavor, very nice as you'd expect from Publix generic

The Last Stand

@Mrs Paul's standing ovation.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sparkling water reminds me of Sprite minus the flavor. You ever tried to get a soda from a fountain and there's no more? It's that. Yuck. Give me regular water anyday.

Tags
None