Speedrun Event General - AGDQ Up! - Exceptional people play games really fast

D.Va

(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is a thread for those speedrunning events that happen. There's a thread on Community Watch for speedrunners as well but this is so you can actually discuss the event as a whole and not just the drama and autism.

Games Done Quick

Games Done Quick is a week-long charity speedrunning event that takes place biannually. The winter events, Awesome Games Done Quick, raise money for Prevent Cancer Foundation. The summer events, Summer Games Done Quick, raise money for Medécins Sans Frontières (Doctors without Borders).

Schedule: https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

Viewers can donate to enter sweepstakes pools; some prizes are only available if donating during specific runs. Donations can be used to contribute towards several donation goals, the most prominent one being to either save or kill the animals in the finale run of Super Metroid.

It's all in good fun. If you're not interested in the game that's being played, GDQ still makes for good background noise. Be warned that every GDQ has had a fair bit of drama caused by both participants and administrators, so something stupid is always bound to happen.

European Speedrunner Assembly

Hosted in Sweden, the European Speedrunner Assembly (ESA) takes place biannually at around the same time as GDQ, give or take a few weeks. Both events, ESA Winter and ESA Summer, raise money for Save the Children.

ESA runs an extra stream during the event, so you may opt to change to the other channel if you don't like what is currently being run.

Schedule: https://www.esamarathon.com/schedule
Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/esamarathon

Last edited:

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been following the schedule cuts for a few months and I'm underwhelmed. Some of the more interesting runs are in the graveyard slots and as usual a lot of time is being eaten up by shitty NES games.

I'm also irritated that they chose fucking Undertale for the finale instead of WW Any%. Sacrificing the most valuable slot to get Tumblr autism money rubs me the wrong way, but whatever. People will still donate during the finale just to be part of the finale, so it won't hurt them.

ZehnBoat

Benny Harvey RIP
kiwifarms.net
I've been following the schedule cuts for a few months and I'm underwhelmed. Some of the more interesting runs are in the graveyard slots and as usual a lot of time is being eaten up by shitty NES games.

I'm also irritated that they chose fucking Undertale for the finale instead of WW Any%. Sacrificing the most valuable slot to get Tumblr autism money rubs me the wrong way, but whatever. People will still donate during the finale just to be part of the finale, so it won't hurt them.
i'm glad undertale is in, but it's not finale material, it's not that long. the final game needs to be BIG
also shouldn't be surprised if people throw money at it, they threw money at shrek in THUG2 which was retarded as fuck

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
i'm glad undertale is in, but it's not finale material, it's not that long. the final game needs to be BIG
also shouldn't be surprised if people throw money at it, they threw money at shrek in THUG2 which was exceptional as fuck
Undertale would be a good donation draw in any prime time slot, so I'm not sure what logic prompted them to make it the finale. Best guess: More than one GDQ staffer is a massive UT sperg.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Rumor has it Chibi of the infamous "I would really appreciate if you'd be quiet" incident is making his triumphant return. If anything, there will be cringe.
My hope is that Chibi is so terminally autistic he makes an ass of himself trying to impress the Twitch chat because he will get a lot of attention if they see him.

Intelligent Calcium

kiwifarms.net
Rev up the autism. Rumor has it Chibi of the infamous "I would really appreciate if you'd be quiet" incident is making his triumphant return. If anything, there will be cringe.
I'll believe it when I see it. Between the Tomba/Spyro runs, his Paper Mario cheating, his recently leaked nudes and the hyper-cautious way this event is run at this point, I just don't see why they'd let him back even if his ban was technically lifted.

Edit: And going by his twitter, he's "officially done" with speedrunning.

GeorgeDaMoose

kiwifarms.net
A lot more games I'm interested in in this GDQ. Furi is always fun to watch and those Star Wars games look like they could be good to watch as well.

D.Va

(ㅇㅅㅇ❀)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Might as well post the list of special events that occurred at past GDQs that I remember:

Puukalikka

kiwifarms.net
You mean being cringy, unfunny, autistic, and completely obnoxious isn't reason enough to get rid of this dude?
Well, that means that he should realize to stop, but I don't see a reason for a ban really. I don't know what kind of person would watch him anyway, but I don't see a reason to take his freedom to do his autistic shit.

Tags
kike uyama