Speedrun Event General - AGDQ Up! - Exceptional people play games really fast

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
Did anyone catch Caveman doing TRAG? His runs have been pretty comfy generally. Also the DS2 run thats going on now seems like it will be pretty good one.

PoisonedBun

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't really keep up with GDQ anymore, but apparently the hotel GDQ is being hosted in this year is a shithole and one of the streamers was assaulted, then thrown out. It would be really interesting to know the validity of this development.

Thread: X

Broadwing

kiwifarms.net
I don't really keep up with GDQ anymore, but apparently the hotel GDQ is being hosted in this year is a shithole and one of the streamers was assaulted, then thrown out. It would be really interesting to know the validity of this development.
Is it, though? I've known people who go to the sci-fi con that uses (used?) that hotel a while back and they talked it up. Could be rose-colored glasses of course.

PoisonedBun

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is it, though? I've known people who go to the sci-fi con that uses (used?) that hotel a while back and they talked it up. Could be rose-colored glasses of course.

Author of the thread listed the trip advisor here: x

ratings.PNG

Doesn't seem to be across the board terrible, but I do think 380 bad reviews is notable. Recent reviews flop back and forth to being highly positive to highly negative, it seems upkeep may vary from room to room.

brainlent

kiwifarms.net
Author of the thread listed the trip advisor here: x

View attachment 817145

Doesn't seem to be across the board terrible, but I do think 380 bad reviews is notable. Recent reviews flop back and forth to being highly positive to highly negative, it seems upkeep may vary from room to room.
Could just be that Minnesota is a shithole and your ability to tolerate the hotel varies depending on where you flew in from. Hayseeds from North Dakota probably think it's the fanciest thing they've ever seen.
Fatbody says his attacker called him a "racial slur" so I'm heavily leaning towards the "DoubleTree is fancy if all your silverware is made of plastic" angle.

Attachments

Z

ZB 584

kiwifarms.net
Nothing but fucking side scrollers. Could they not switch it up just a little bit (spice it up with some other genres in between)? The planners really need to address this imo. Chat, both poverty and regular, are complaining as well. Also drop the fucking 4 hour Pokemon runs. No one gives a shit. No speedrun should be several hours long, at an event like this.

brainlent

kiwifarms.net
God dammit I am kicking the shit out of myself for not seeing this deleted tweet.

Did Dr. Fatbody threaten to commit sudoku after being kicked out of GDQ? Can anyone confirm?

Edit: found

Damn, dog!

Last edited:

Wild Wild Sonichu

kiwifarms.net
Nothing but fucking side scrollers. Could they not switch it up just a little bit (spice it up with some other genres in between)? The planners really need to address this imo. Chat, both poverty and regular, are complaining as well. Also drop the fucking 4 hour Pokemon runs. No one gives a shit. No speedrun should be several hours long, at an event like this.
The runners themselves seem way less fucking awful as of the past couple of years, but the attempts to introduce new games are just fucking awful.

I'm not a massive speedrun fanatic, but I don't understand shit like this 3 hour 10 minute KHIII run, or the horrible glitchless Pokemon Crystal 100%. They legit drag on so long that even the most committed of fans admit they get boring.

The actual games I wanted to see, being a euro, I was surprised that they came on at a good time for me.

That is to say, because they were on at like 3 fucking am for the majority of their audience, it's ridiculous.

Z

ZB 584

kiwifarms.net
The runners themselves seem way less fucking awful as of the past couple of years, but the attempts to introduce new games are just fucking awful.

I'm not a massive speedrun fanatic, but I don't understand shit like this 3 hour 10 minute KHIII run, or the horrible glitchless Pokemon Crystal 100%. They legit drag on so long that even the most committed of fans admit they get boring.

The actual games I wanted to see, being a euro, I was surprised that they came on at a good time for me.

That is to say, because they were on at like 3 fucking am for the majority of their audience, it's ridiculous.
Agreed that the runners are less insufferable, for the most part. Fewer troons to stink up the event with their agenda (PMG making out on the couch with his ugly tranny bf etc.) However, many of the antics are still annoying as hell, such as, the tired memes and the awful jokes. It's like the normie speak on Reddit made manifest and it's just fucking terrible. Also I cannot believe how corporate GDQ is at this point. Everything from the interviews to the crowd interaction seem rehearsed all the way down to the smallest detail. Add in that many of the runners are obviously afraid to say anything that could be interpreted as going against the grain (IE. something that's actually funny or something that upsets the tranny contingent) and you have the most soulless and boring event. Bring on ESA, instead!

• Agree
Reactions: Fagnacious D

brainlent

kiwifarms.net

It seems like they're making a deliberate effort to run games that are popular rather than games that have a lot of tech. On one hand this is good, because it means we're getting a lot of presentable, stable adults who are just good at learning to speedrun any game averagely, and less shivering autistic chihuahuamen who have played nothing but Ocarina for the last 9 years. On the other hand, the tech is much shallower because the popular games are too recent and polished to have sequence breaking or extreme tricks.

The stuff you're attracted to is probably the sweet spot where a game is not so mainstream it's techless and not so competitive the runner has a feminine penis.

Lou Wrong

Butthurt about Buddyloids
kiwifarms.net
Pokemon and Zelda runs are long but they bring in the money, its why they are back every year. Its also why they had traditionally been stuck in the overnight and work day dead zones.

Now why we are going to cap off the last day with a god damn non-race randomizer and six hour Chrono Trigger run, that is beyond me. Its reverse hype, hooray for only one four person race in the whole marathon, hooray for no actual competition or stakes at the end.

Last edited:
  • Feels
Reactions: AmarettoPie

Man vs persistent rat

A good egg is a nice person
kiwifarms.net
The same irritating cunt has been ruining every Silent Hill 3 appearance in major marathons for what feels like years now :( Fucker acts like Chibi with better social skills and no change in behaviour or humour.

• Feels
Reactions: Lou Wrong

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
On the other hand, the tech is much shallower because the popular games are too recent and polished to have sequence breaking or extreme tricks.
This is generally why I love the Tomb Raider runs. Those games are only a few years old, yet they have as many exploitable glitches as the standard Bethesda release.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 816135
GDQ tweeted this photo of the Katamari runner. Not very flattering.

Does it seem like there's less trannies this year, or am I just paying too much attention? I decided to try and tell this event if the numbers had gone down because it seemed like there was a concerted exodus over the last year.
"Not very flattering"

The person who took the picture was a cameraman, what the fuck was he supposed to do?

He isn't a magician - no matter how you frame a pile of shit, it's going to be a pile of shit when photographed.

brainlent

kiwifarms.net
"Not very flattering"

The person who took the picture was a cameraman, what the fuck was he supposed to do?

He isn't a magician - no matter how you frame a pile of shit, it's going to be a pile of shit when photographed.
Not a critique, just a statement of fact

Lou Wrong

Butthurt about Buddyloids
kiwifarms.net
He should have had the image zoomed out, maybe a pick on the couch being interviewed, with the interviewer also in shot.

Really though the easiest way to not look ridiculous is to not dress as a woman when you are a man.

• Agree
Reactions: AbyssStarer
Tags
kike uyama

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino