Speedrun Event General - AGDQ Up! - Exceptional people play games really fast

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
Of course. The event was autistic enough and now it's ret4rded. I wonder how many top runners are gonna put out now this is a thing?
Just to clarify, they don't require you give your pronouns. Though I expect most will; peer pressure and all. I don't believe either of the first two runs had pronouns on screen.

It doesn't personally bother me too much, though I do find it profoundly stupid. Even the least passing of troon usually makes it obvious enough what gender they're trying to be, so even "concerns about being misgendered" doesn't really fly. Someone in chat that's going to call Claris a man isn't going to suddenly be dissuaded from that because you put "she/her" on the screen.

As far as people pulling out, there's still no speedrunning event that's even remotely as visible, so most people that have smaller streams/run less popular games will likely be willing to put up with whatever for the visibility. NGL, I'd go if a run I submitted was accepted, since it would mean having 100K+ people seeing a game I like. Of course, the games I've run either have 0/1 other runners, or I'm like #25 out of a list of 40, so I doubt it's a problem I'll ever run into.

Last edited:

Cactus Wings

Coughing for Cash
kiwifarms.net
Just to clarify, they don't require you give your pronouns. Though I expect most will; peer pressure and all. I don't believe either of the first two runs had pronouns on screen.

It doesn't personally bother me too much, though I do find it profoundly stupid. Even the least passing of troon usually makes it obvious enough what gender they're trying to be, so even "concerns about being misgendered" doesn't really fly. Someone in chat that's going to call Claris a man isn't going to suddenly be dissuaded from that because you put "she/her" on the screen.

As far as people pulling out, there's still no speedrunning event that's even remotely as visible, so most people that have smaller streams/run less popular games will likely be willing to put up with whatever for the visibility. NGL, I'd go if a run I submitted was accepted, since it would mean having 100K+ people seeing a game I like. Of course, the games I've run either have 0/1 other runners, or I'm like #25 out of a list of 40, so I doubt it's a problem I'll ever run into.
Best part of GDQ, or rather the only tolerable, is the background events and boying around. Much like furry conventions, only suckers show up for the planned events; all the good shit happens behind the scenes.

I'd almost be offended if someone asked for my name followed by my pronouns. Imagine passing so poorly you push it onto others who don't need to pass as anything else to have to deal with it.

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
I was told that the pronouns were mandatory for submissions now (quote from a GDQ staffer's twitter from earlier in one of the speed threads) but perhaps they ask whether you want them on screen or not. Would have actually needed it for that one Hat in Time racer, who annoyingly enough did NOT have it next to his name on screen. I am still not sure but leaning guy.

Anyways, the pwahaha just soft-locked and had to load a pre-made save so there's one checkmark to add to the bingo.

Broadwing

kiwifarms.net
I was told that the pronouns were mandatory for submissions now (quote from a GDQ staffer's twitter from earlier in one of the speed threads) but perhaps they ask whether you want them on screen or not. Would have actually needed it for that one Hat in Time racer, who annoyingly enough did NOT have it next to his name on screen. I am still not sure but leaning guy.

Anyways, the pwahaha just soft-locked and had to load a pre-made save so there's one checkmark to add to the bingo.
I seem to recall this guy fucking runs before. Between that and the PWAHAHA you'd think he'd be out, but hey, I'm not GDQ.

At least Tomato's there.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
I seem to recall this guy fucking runs before. Between that and the PWAHAHA you'd think he'd be out, but hey, I'm not GDQ.

At least Tomato's there.
CovertMuffin is surprisingly popular with a lot of viewers, probably because of his enthusiasm. His laugh, tho....

I do think it's pretty peak GDQ that they made TomatoAnus change his name for the stream.

This one's down, any other good poverty restreams?
Looking at my list of following on Twitch, there's a bunch of them that are restreaming it. However, they're mostly people attending GDQ, so they're probably not going to be big on making fun of the runners or anything. So probably not useful. I dunno, I usually don't chat during GDQ.

• Feels
Reactions: U 'MIRIN BRAH?

Broadwing

kiwifarms.net
CovertMuffin is surprisingly popular with a lot of viewers, probably because of his enthusiasm. His laugh, tho....

I do think it's pretty peak GDQ that they made TomatoAnus change his name for the stream.

Looking at my list of following on Twitch, there's a bunch of them that are restreaming it. However, they're mostly people attending GDQ, so they're probably not going to be big on making fun of the runners or anything. So probably not useful. I dunno, I usually don't chat during GDQ.
The originally linked stream pointed people at Trihex but they're censoring any pronoun talk so meh.

And I get what you say about Covert, totally, though if 'popular and energetic' was the line they should just bring on Blueglass.

• Agree
Reactions: AmarettoPie

ducktales4gameboy

well known in this neighborhood
kiwifarms.net
How much do we have to donate to make Mike Uyama event ban the people who won't shut up with the fucking honking? This is even less watchable than last year.

• Optimistic
Reactions: AnotherPleb

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
Shockingly, perpetually depressed and miserable speedrunner attempts to transition (poorly) and is still depressed and miserable.

It's a shame, because Claris/Miles is a quality speedrunner and has had several memorable runs at GDQ over the years. At the same time, they've done this on Twitter before, so leave it to your own determination as to how serious this really is.

Tags
kike uyama