Speedrun Event General - AGDQ Up! - Exceptional people play games really fast

whatever I feel like

Family Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
Right, standard mics won't work but now that its been mentioned, it is odd that they are using headsets instead of clip-ons. I don't think I've seen that at other events, at least not ones with shared mics.

• Agree
Reactions: spiritofamermaid

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
Right, standard mics won't work but now that its been mentioned, it is odd that they are using headsets instead of clip-ons. I don't think I've seen that at other events, at least not ones with shared mics.
It might just be part of whatever sponsorship deal they have with the equipment providers. I guess they're called World9Gaming, or at least that's the name I see on the GDQ site. I suppose they still work fine for the purpose, so it might just be a matter of not wanting to spend money on something that you don't really need.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
Also, Amid Evilrun was S-tier. The Devs were all commenting over Discord and dropping swears everywhere. Game is also great, looks absolutely amazing for a classic Doom engine (?) game and plays unique so its not going to be stuff you saw before.
Just to clarify, the game is Unreal Engine 4; it was just based on an unreleased Doom mod they worked on in the 90's. The run was a lot of fun; I can't think of a better advertisement for their game than that.

ducktales4gameboy

well known in this neighborhood
kiwifarms.net
I’m probably an idiot but I watched almost an hour of this run and can’t tell which running gag you’re referring to. Making fun of Japanese? Screaming when you find car keys?
I’m not sure exactly when it starts but there’s a solid 20 minute block of jokes making fun of Owen Wilson in there and it escalates to the staff telling them to stop repeatedly via messages on a whiteboard.

Somebody made a cut so I assume it’s in here, can’t watch to verify due to being on mobile.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
Runners will always go through and make sure their controller, console and TV are responding properly before playing, its logical to do. GDQ also uses the time for pushing hype and reading donations. Its annoying but oh well.
This is true, but for a production this large they clearly could have Runner B start warming up/prepping/testing when Runner A is ~30 minutes away from completing a game. Even if there still needs to be some "can't do this on this side" setup, it shouldn't be ~20 minutes worth.

It's very lazy programming and it needs a lot more structure to not have ~15 minute crowd shots, which is really lazy. It's even crazier because you would imagine that a speedrunning marathon would have a better handle on basic efficiency concepts and would work to consistently get their own setup time down.

whatever I feel like

Family Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
This is true, but for a production this large they clearly could have Runner B start warming up/prepping/testing when Runner A is ~30 minutes away from completing a game. Even if there still needs to be some "can't do this on this side" setup, it shouldn't be ~20 minutes worth.

It's very lazy programming and it needs a lot more structure to not have ~15 minute crowd shots, which is really lazy. It's even crazier because you would imagine that a speedrunning marathon would have a better handle on basic efficiency concepts and would work to consistently get their own setup time down.
Last Night/this morning they were about an hour behind schedule and, what do you know, the prep time dropped down to 3 or 4 minutes between games with them swapping the PC out for a Switch between Doom and Bayo. What an odd occurrence....

ducktales4gameboy

well known in this neighborhood
kiwifarms.net
It’s especially apparent when the two games being ran are on the same system. Do they force each runner to bring his own hardware? Even then, fighting game tourneys manage control swaps and reconfig in like 60 seconds between sets.

Reactions: AmarettoPie

Dr. Geronimo

Echo chambers are bad for your health.
kiwifarms.net
It’s especially apparent when the two games being ran are on the same system. Do they force each runner to bring his own hardware? Even then, fighting game tourneys manage control swaps and reconfig in like 60 seconds between sets.
Not even. Ever since the switch to PS4 setup times take fucking forever since everyone is afraid of not desyncing.

For real though fuck the PS4

Broadwing

kiwifarms.net
Last Night/this morning they were about an hour behind schedule and, what do you know, the prep time dropped down to 3 or 4 minutes between games with them swapping the PC out for a Switch between Doom and Bayo. What an odd occurrence....
It's really an open secret that it's schedule padding, so no real surprise there.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net
It's really an open secret that it's schedule padding, so no real surprise there.
Padding the schedule is fine - they just need to fill it with something other than silent crowd shots.

Do more interviews, more skits, more whatever - it's really the dead air that's unacceptable. Like for fuck's sake, just have a small pre-recording (5 minutes) of the runner talking briefly about the game, the run, what GDQ means to them, and what to look out for that you can go to if you have ~10 minutes to kill.

Gamepad

kiwifarms.net
Padding the schedule is fine - they just need to fill it with something other than silent crowd shots.

Do more interviews, more skits, more whatever - it's really the dead air that's unacceptable. Like for fuck's sake, just have a small pre-recording (5 minutes) of the runner talking briefly about the game, the run, what GDQ means to them, and what to look out for that you can go to if you have ~10 minutes to kill.
You'd think they would have done that in order to go through the chaff and get rid of anyone who isn't drinking the koolaid.

Guess they prefer someone doing it on-stream just so they can make a brave statement later.

Tags
kike uyama

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino