Speedrun Event General - AGDQ Up! - Exceptional people play games really fast

VacuousSpooder

Spider Baby So Pure
kiwifarms.net
Welp, we got 2 player one controller blindfolded Punch-Out coming up. This should be interesting.
Not gonna lie; seeing this where players have just utterly dissected the game enough to be able to do ridiculous shit like this is what really keeps my interest with GDQs these days beyond just watching favorite game runs. That's a commendable level of autism.

ChucklesTheJester

Dream Diver
kiwifarms.net
Not gonna lie; seeing this where players have just utterly dissected the game enough to be able to do ridiculous shit like this is what really keeps my interest with GDQs these days beyond just watching favorite game runs. That's a commendable level of autism.
Yeah These extra weird hard challnges is great to see. Blind fold is normal at this point, LET'S DO A TWO PLAYER ONE CONTROL BLIND FOLD.

Can't wait till next year it's Upside down 2 player blind folded with feet.

Peasant

kiwifarms.net
Padding the schedule is fine - they just need to fill it with something other than silent crowd shots.

Do more interviews, more skits, more whatever - it's really the dead air that's unacceptable. Like for fuck's sake, just have a small pre-recording (5 minutes) of the runner talking briefly about the game, the run, what GDQ means to them, and what to look out for that you can go to if you have ~10 minutes to kill.
Tomatoanus could fill that time with a wealth of interesting commentary.

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
I quit watching at about the point he started babbling semi-incoherently. Did it ever get back on track?
Haha no, mercy killed. By the end of it he was taking advice from the donates and crowd. Apparently one of the Zelda runners (I assume the one who died a few times in Gannon's castle in Zelda 1) is sitting in the back of his team crying so I did in fact miss something interesting.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
Haha no, mercy killed. By the end of it he was taking advice from the donates and crowd. Apparently one of the Zelda runners (I assume the one who died a few times in Gannon's castle in Zelda 1) is sitting in the back of his team crying so I did in fact miss something interesting.
Yeah. He'd announced before the race that he was retiring from running Z1 any% no up+A, and that this race would be his last run. He got tilted and his run was mercy killed, which is not the best note to go out on. He...well, he didn't take it well.

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah. He'd announced before the race that he was retiring from running Z1 any% no up+A, and that this race would be his last run. He got tilted and his run was mercy killed, which is not the best note to go out on. He...well, he didn't take it well.
I haven't watched GDQ in ages and yet colour me curious. Is there a VOD timestamp to this?

No Exit

Bronze Medal Racist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That Terraria run was somehow entertaining for the absolute trainwreck that it was. That Zelda 1 loss though was so bad I'm expecting the runner to troon out in a few months.

There's been a lot of major fuckups this gdq.

Shitassdeaddude

kiwifarms.net
The Terraria run was a trainwreck but somehow the guy kept getting 500~1000 dollar donations, which IMHO makes it even funnier..

Intelligent Calcium

kiwifarms.net
The Terraria run was a trainwreck but somehow the guy kept getting 500~1000 dollar donations, which IMHO makes it even funnier..
I think botched runs are a net positive in general. They remind people that fucking up is still an option, which can make following runs more exciting since it introduces back some uncertainty after dozens/hundreds of robotically executed runs in PB range. Not to mention that more often than not, they are just plain fun to watch.

Elric of Melnibone

kiwifarms.net
I just finished watching the VOD of that Terraria run and man that dude is the most entertaining and nice person I have ever seen at an AGDQ/SGDQ. He has charisma unlike most of the other speds that show up there other than SpikeVegeta, TriHex, and a few others. PJ and the dude that ran battle block theatre a few years back were also very charismatic. It sucks that the Troons and Mike are cancer bringing the whole thing down.

Opiophile

You mess with the bull, you get the bull penis.
kiwifarms.net
Padding the schedule is fine - they just need to fill it with something other than silent crowd shots.

Do more interviews, more skits, more whatever - it's really the dead air that's unacceptable. Like for fuck's sake, just have a small pre-recording (5 minutes) of the runner talking briefly about the game, the run, what GDQ means to them, and what to look out for that you can go to if you have ~10 minutes to kill.
You're forgetting that this event is run by autistic troons who are incapable of taking criticism. Whatever they are currently doing is incredible, and stunning/brave. Comments that aren't asspats are not allowed. Though they could make this event far more enjoyable for the normies if they took your advice.

Plus, the majority of people who go to this event live wouldn't be there if their Mommies didn't drive them, so they could give a fuck less about the commentary I'm sure. They only care about the vidyas.

ChucklesTheJester

Dream Diver
kiwifarms.net
I think I'm gonna wait for vods to be uploaded so I can watch just the good runs. May sound odd for a Kiwi Farms poster, but I generally don't enjoy watching people do embarrassing shit.
That a very normal thing, some people just like seeing how fast a game can be beaten, and thats fine.

Tags
kike uyama