Speedrun Event General - AGDQ Up! - Exceptional people play games really fast

whatever I feel like

Family Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
I am glad that the poo and panga team lost. I love them both (and Mitch) but having the big three dominate the Mario field every year gets a little old. Never heard of Beast, is he Mario Maker only or a new runner or such? MM2 really did deserve the S, there was one room where the two teams started and finished at the exact same time. Granted, it was a semi-auto scroller but still awesome to see them go and do it in tandem.

Smaug's Smokey Hole

the black goat of yule
kiwifarms.net
I am glad that the poo and panga team lost. I love them both (and Mitch) but having the big three dominate the Mario field every year gets a little old.
Every year except 2017.

How huge is barbarous king supposed to be? On the couch Poo/Carl/Beast looked like children sitting next to him. It looks like Poo could wear his skull as a helmet.
berb.JPG

AbyssStarer

Missionary of the Birb Church
kiwifarms.net
God, I remember when people were pushing Billy Hatcher of the hot game to run in 2015/2016. That game is fun to watch, I played it as a kid, but by god it was a 2000s equivalent of those wacky physics games that were hot a few years back.

Reactions: AmarettoPie

Answer

kiwifarms.net
Luzbel's ban is officially 18 months long but I have a feeling its essentially permanent because its not like he's going to renounce his beliefs and GDQ staff can simply choose to reject his submissions even after the ban expires.

Also, why hasn't Chibi been banned from GDQ yet? Doesn't he basically cross lines and make people feel uncomfortable every year? Didn't he also get caught cheating on a Paper Mario TTYD run? Considering how ban-happy GDQ is, I don't understand why that guy keeps getting a pass.

• Feels
Reactions: spiritofamermaid

Dumpster dived waifu

Sieg heil mein waifu
kiwifarms.net
Luzbel's ban is officially 18 months long but I have a feeling its essentially permanent because its not like he's going to renounce his beliefs and GDQ staff can simply choose to reject his submissions even after the ban expires.

Also, why hasn't Chibi been banned from GDQ yet? Doesn't he basically cross lines and make people feel uncomfortable every year? Didn't he also get caught cheating on a Paper Mario TTYD run? Considering how ban-happy GDQ is, I don't understand why that guy keeps getting a pass.
They wont ban him because hes autistic and doesnt disagree with their political leanings.

Tanner Glass

kiwifarms.net

Chibi also isn't at GDQ as a runner, he's there as an attendee (meaning he paid for his own pass) and does not represent GDQ in any meaningful way. This year, he was on a couch (not an offical GDQ position) but by GDQ rules was not given a headset, as only 4 people are allowed to have one per run. Luzbel is only banned from submitting runs - meaning he cannot go to GDQ as a runner, but likely (if he gave a shit) could go for the couch/attendee route.

It's worth pointing out that all GDQ gives runners (besides a platform) is a week pass (valued at $65) - no food costs, no travel costs, no hotel costs - just a free badge. This inspite of the fact that GDQ is partnered with the hotel(s) and they make several million dollars each run (between donations, profits, and sponsorships) - every runner, host, announcer, and volunteer is basically working at GDQ for a major loss as they have to pay their own way to get there.

For the runners (and other on-screen people) the hope is that the GDQ exposure pays dividends by driving users to their personal Youtube/Twitch/Mixer channels after GDQ is over (spoiler - it doesn't). I'm sure Luzbel will get just as much exposure couching FF8 as playing FF8, not much at all.

cattle rancher

kiwifarms.net
Kotaku hitpiece on Luz.

“As a disabled queer person" only thing I needed to read about the twitter detective who started the "controversy" by giving a shit about something as irrelevant as a speedrunner's personal political beliefs. "I’d be sharing a space with people who think my identity is all one big joke.” so it has problems sharing a space with the real world.

The real ironic thing is, how offended the troon above got when theres at least a small bit of room to say this guy might have been pretty SJW, just with radically different economic beliefs from most of this type of exceptional individual. Literally killing themselves in their forced march towards ideological purity, its pretty great.

U 'MIRIN BRAH?

kiwifarms.net
In an interview with Kotaku, Luz said that Uyama said he’d be suspended from participating in the event. “He told me, ‘based on the new policies of GDQ, you are banned from submissions, [but] not from attending,’” Luz said. “I asked him why, and he told me, ‘I can’t talk about it. New policies, we can’t talk about that. If you want more information, you have to send us an email after the event.’”
Luz said he continued to press Uyama until the GDQ founder finally acknowledged that the ban was because of Luz’s Twitter, but that Uyama wouldn’t get into more specifics. Luz said Uyama did not specify the ban’s length, but according to GDQ’s website, 18 months is typical. When asked about this by Kotaku, Uyama confirmed that the organization spoke to Luz about concerns regarding his social media, but during our interview, a GDQ PR spokesperson prevented Uyama from commenting further
Fucking kike uyama sure respects the people that make his collecting tard bucks from the charity possible, doesn't he?

Also lol at someone else throwing him under the bus to Kotaku for cuck points.

spiritofamermaid

#savebensolo #fucksw9 #bendemption
kiwifarms.net
Oh my absolute god just finished Mushihime-sama run was a w e s o m e
(Also gusto is kinda hot ngl)

This, the tetris special, and the French speed running event where they had random people come up and play a Super Mario Sunshine (that's the one where you collect the stars, yeah? Also I seemed to have lost the link to the video so if people could send me it I'd appreciate it, thanks) are my absolute favorites.
Though iirc the awful block last year was pretty great too. God, that Arabian Nights-esque game was hilarious.

In my experience there's usually only one good event the entire run.

I wish they'd do something like this, where they have one event that's kinda insane. The tetris block with the shiratsu, this, crazy stuff like that. For some it would probably that Superman 64 speed run, but since I'd never played it before I didn't feel that way.

whatever I feel like

Family Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
Ehh they did stuff, the blindfold 2P1C, the crowd control runs, Mario Maker, Mario World One Mind (what a fucking dud....), Awful Block, Fallout Block. Its all a bit same-y but thats what happens when you watch this stuff year after year. If they did this year's Punchout run two years ago people would be all over it but after the 2 Games One Controller and Punchout Wii blindfold waggling it seems boring.

Tags
kike uyama

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino