• ”They throw the word tranny around like no tomorrow, yikes.”

Sperg about comic books here

Discussion in 'Art & Literature' started by Tragi-Chan, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Yeah, it's strange. This comparison doesn't work as well as they both made comics but Bendis is basically the Joss Whedon of comics. They even have similar flaws in their writing styles, are disgraced from SJW circles over some stupid shit, and were "popular" because of stuff they made that ended ages ago.

If Bendis is legitimately passionate about Superman and the editors are willing to hardball him then I can see this going alright. Not amazing but passable. I'm still annoyed that Super Sons is ending to make way for Bendis Superman though.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  2. Considering how popular Super Sons ended up being, it's pretty shocking.

• Agree Agree x 3
    PrincessJupiter

PrincessJupiter Soldier of Caring
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  3. Remember. Politics (both the dumb SJW type and the petty office/social type) rule comics these days. Bendis likely called in favours, and the autistic editorial team probably hated Super Sons for the usual dumb reasons they hate successful comics and concepts.

• Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    Judge Holden

Judge Holden Corpsefucker
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  4. I'm hoping that the rumoured Young Justice title as a successor to Super-Sons is true. Note that Supergirl is only cancelled so can it be a line-wide relaunch?

• Agree Agree x 2
    Jetpack Himmler

Jetpack Himmler Proud Wasteland Ghoul

kiwifarms.net
  5. If there's a Young Justice book then I hope they bring Conner back (who I think is implied to be tied up in the Dr. Manhattan shenanigans since Tim forgot him). They haven't brought up the fact that Jon has an older brother/uncle of sorts and the dynamic would be interesting since the last time Conner interacted with a "Jon Kent" was one from a future where Superman's son kills everyone. That's a plot that writes itself even if it is a bit cliche.

kiwifarms.net
  6. I think almost every major Young Justice character besides Tim is currently out of continuity or just forgotten at the moment. Cassie / Wonder Girl hasn't been seen since Rebirth started, and I think Bart / Kid Flash has been missing longer.

kiwifarms.net
  7. There’s a reason all the Fantastic Four movies suck.
    None of them had a moment like this[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    TheClorax

TheClorax Back, but won't post as much.

kiwifarms.net
  8. I'm just curious as to whether DC is smart enough to police his stupidity. Will we get another Riri or Black Superman replacement? Are the heroes all going to fight each other over petty, selfish reasons that could have easily been resolved through talking? Which mainstay DC icon will Bendis turn into the universe's punching bag that can never be right (a la Tony Stark)? The possibilities are endless...

• Feels Feels x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  9. Here's something to scare you. Other than the fact there's an issue of Deathstroke that's trying to retcon the fact that Damien Wayne is not Batman's son.

"Punching her way through this problem may not be the right answer for Supergirl, as she looks to help her new non-binary friend, Lee." (That's the actual blurb used.)
    [​IMG]

• Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    Yaoi Huntress Earth

Yaoi Huntress Earth My avatar is problematic.

kiwifarms.net
  10. Supergirl is one of my favourite characters.

Why must I suffer so?

• Feels Feels x 3
    PrincessJupiter

PrincessJupiter Soldier of Caring
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  11. I thought that was the villain. Seriously. Clearly the face of someone deeply disturbed at any rate.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 5
    Elwood P. Dowd

Elwood P. Dowd Here, let me give you one of my cards.

kiwifarms.net
  12. Why does she look more Asian than actual Asian people? Also, I picked up two volumes of Black Hammer, and I cannot wait to read it. Even further back, I picked up Watchmen.

REGENDarySumanai

REGENDarySumanai Man of excellent taste

kiwifarms.net
  13. Lee has got the Soy Boy smile.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
  14. Here's a little more on the comic and how it feels like a self-insert fanfic.
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
    Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
  15. ....I long for Superboy Prime punching things out of existence now....

• Agree Agree x 3
    Hatoful Dandy

Hatoful Dandy Minstrel of Sorrow

kiwifarms.net
  16. Granted Final Crisis made me totally hate Superman/boy Prime and not in the fun, love-to-hate them kind of way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
  17. Looks like we have the new lineup for Scott Snyder's run Justice League. Very DCAU-ish with Hawkgirl and John Stewart in the ranks (though the former is Kendra Saunders and not Shayera Thal from the animated series.)

justice-league-jim-cheung.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    Jetpack Himmler

Jetpack Himmler Proud Wasteland Ghoul

kiwifarms.net
  18. Madness (in particular trauma-related conditions) is a MASSIVE theme in Batman: the big reason Batman has his no-kill rule is that he doesn't trust himself to make a fair decision about when lethal force is necessary, because every time he looks into a mugger's face he sees Joe Chill.
    The difference between Batman and his enemies is that he responded in a far more constructive way to his trauma. Contrast him with, say, Cobblepot, who's reaction to being the black sheep of his wealthy family was to become a mob boss so that he could show them up, or Fries, who is the poster boy for "never being able to let go, ever".

• Agree Agree x 5
    Senior Lexmechanic

Senior Lexmechanic hand-Illuminated copypasta

kiwifarms.net
  19. I know I'm asking for trouble for bringing up Hawkman continuity but if everything gets "fixed" after Doomsday Clock, I hope they use that as an excuse to make it clean again. The main reason why they're a mess is all the retcons they did on the silver age stories and now would be a perfect opportunity to get rid of it.

It's as simple as just accepting the Thanagarian duo as the silver age Hawks and a minor justification for their names being the same. Maybe you can make them (and Kendra obviously) reincarnations of the JSA members but that'd be messier than just reestablishing the old simple status quo.

kiwifarms.net
  20. That's why I always like when Catwoman is portrayed as like batman if he gave into the madness, instead of the Robin hood of hookers or some girl power shit. It also makes their chemistry much more understandable. The only heel face turn that has ever made sense to me in the batman world is croc, because without it he's basically just one note - angry violence - and there are other villains who do a much better job of that.

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.