• ”Associated with those Damn, Uncouth Trolling Stupids!”

Sperg about comic books here

Discussion in 'Art & Literature' started by Tragi-Chan, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Harley Quinn should've died tbh

Fuck you jewish cunt

Fuck you jewish cunt #donaldtrumphasepicgamerswag
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. I enjoy Grimm Tales of Terror if you're for that Tales from the Crypt-style story. Each volume comes in a "season" format and if you read it online on Comixology, I suggest doing the panel by panel format so it'll be more of a surprise.

• Like Like x 1
    Yaoi Huntress Earth

Yaoi Huntress Earth My avatar is problematic.

kiwifarms.net
  3. Does Didio exist just to fuck up everything Johns and Morrison do for DC? Are we sure he isn't a Marvel plant?

Remember, this is the same dude who called Countdown "52 done right" and ruined the awesome Williams/Blackman run on Batwoman because he didn't want her to get married. Then he turns around and lets Tom King hitch Batman and Catwoman. He hired Chelsea for Vertigo.

Didio has fucked up Doomsday Clock in at least two ways. First by putting Bendis (lol at hiring Bendis) on Action Comics and now with Heroes in Crisis.

Writers like Johns and Morrison write shit that people actually want to read. I can tolerate King, Didio, and even Bendis so long as they don't fuck with things that are actually good.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    SHITTAHS CLOGGED!

SHITTAHS CLOGGED! Condol Reg

kiwifarms.net
  4. Wait a minute what

• Feels Feels x 2
    Fuck you jewish cunt

Fuck you jewish cunt #donaldtrumphasepicgamerswag
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  5. Anybody read bande-desinee that isn't Asterix and Tintin?

millais

millais The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas

kiwifarms.net
  6. Lucky Luke, Gaston Lagaffe, Bill et Boule, Blake et Mortimer, Tunique Blue comes to mind (Bill et Boule is not funny)

kiwifarms.net
  7. Yep. He even would go ranting about how much he hated 52 while it was being done. (Assuming what Linkara said was true.) As for comics I've been reading, Strangers in Paradise has new story that takes place a few years after the series ended (it's called Strangers in Paradise XXV). It's a good jumping point and even has a character or two (from some of his other series) guest star in it.

• Like Like x 1
    Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
  8. Apart from Tintin and Astérix, Spirou et Fantasio, Lucky Luke, Boule et Bille, Gaston Lagaffe, Isabelle, Natacha, Iznougood, Yoko Tsuno, Olivier Rameau, Chlorophylle, Les 4 as, La Ribambelle, La patrouille des castors, Johan et Pirlouit, Les Schtroumpfs and Les Tuniques Bleus are the "classic" BD series I remember having read. Lou!, Titeuf, Seuls, Cédric, L'Élève Ducobu and L'Arabe du futur are the only modern BD series I've read more than one volume of. Note that some of these probably haven't been translated into English

• Informative Informative x 1
    ATaxingWoman

ATaxingWoman Professional tax investigator head

kiwifarms.net
  9. Johns did have at least one problem, i can understand not liking Batman but he wrote him like such a raging asshole (Saying to Superman he only) but he wrote him really Ooc and Morrison helped in making Jason Todd an edgelord for years

kiwifarms.net
  10. Judd Winick brought Jason back, Morrison wrote him, but Scott Lobdell has had creative control of Jason for like eight years now and refuses to do anything compelling with him.

SHITTAHS CLOGGED!

SHITTAHS CLOGGED! Condol Reg

kiwifarms.net
  11. Anyone ever read Vasco? I'm not sure it counts as bande-desinee, but that was sure some trippy shit for a random American kid to be getting an eyeful of. Asterix was fucking awesome, though.

Slowboat to China

Slowboat to China Drinking Toilet Duck

kiwifarms.net
  12. Hey does anyone know any good recommendations for comics especially stuff not from Marvel and DC or older stuff from the two?

Agent Wet

Agent Wet its cold in here

kiwifarms.net
  13. If you want an older Marvel comic, I suggest Strikeforce Morituri. It's about an alien invasion that hits earth and there's a thing called Morituri Process that can give you powers to fight the aliens. The only problem is that you only get a year to live. These likable characters have to handle this cruel fact, yet also are treated like celebrities for their heroism.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Yaoi Huntress Earth

kiwifarms.net
  14. https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/marvel-fires-star-wars-writer-chuck-wendig-1151966

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  15. Sounds like an actual firing, too, not one of those "You goofed but don't make a mess on the way out and we won't blackball you" deals.

Praise Jesus.

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  16. these idiots wanted to get people fired so they can have fun getting fired too. no survivors.

SuperDeeDuper

SuperDeeDuper it's a show stoppin' Zany kind of popcorn!

kiwifarms.net
  17. I heard he was writing Vader comics so how was he fucking up before this great news?

I disagree on that last part, Todd has or was better with Bizarro and that Amazon from the less well known tribe (Bana Something) and his relationship with Bruce and Dick Grayson come to mind as having gotten better

Wending went full exceptional individual screeching about how civility was letting the right eat Mexican babies

#817 Zaryiu, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2018
    kiwifarms.net
  18. For like a year during college I really got into DC Comics, I think reading /co/ got me into it although I was reading some books in senior year of high school. I loved the Mythology, I really loved how just huge the universe was and a goofy character could appear in a story and I’d find out that character has existed since the 50s.

One example would be in an Issue of Gotham City Sirens, the heroes (Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Harley) start a fighting The Joker, but it turns out it’s not the real Joker but a silly midget named Gaggy, a character who appeared only once in a Golden Age comic. I just loved that the good writers cared about the past, they did their homework.

Then New-52 came out and said “We’re rebooting DC”, going back to Issue 1 and Batman’s a young guy again and I sperged out, like all that free time I spent learning about silly fiction just got thrown in the trash.

How :autism: was I to act this way and were there others who felt similar? I remember chatting with the Comic Book Guy at my LCS and even then he made me feel silly. But since then I never bought another single issue and only picked up a few Tradebacks as a result. I even stopped reading /co/ but that’s also because Bronys and Tumblr killed that place.

• Feels Feels x 2
    #818 Cardenio, Oct 14, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2018 at 4:19 AM
    Cardenio

Cardenio A Lad Insane

kiwifarms.net
  19. Considering New 52 was hated by pretty much everyone who wasn't shilling for it, you were not alone. I wasn't following DC much at the time, but like almost everything DiDio does (like he's doing again with Rebirth now, after it was beloved for 2 years) was against fans' wishes and best interests and ended up feeding a lot of resentment.

You are also right about /co/, but 8chan /co/ is still decent. They hate pretty much everything, but at least they aren't Tumblr 2.

• Like Like x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    PrincessJupiter

PrincessJupiter Spooker of Caring
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  20. New 52 was pretty bad, though if you were worried about continuity it was honestly hit or miss whether the old continuity applied. That was part of what made it so bad, it had all the problems of still sometimes shouldering the old continuity with the added mess of brand-new continuity. Some of which didn't even stay consistent among titles featuring the same characters. I remember some of the writers complaining about a general lack of communication whenever they tried to ask the official status of characters, both with what was relevant from previous continuity and what was happening in the current titles.

It wasn't all garbage, but off the top of my head I'm having a hard time remembering which ones were okay. I think some of the Batman comics, which is hard to narrow down because there were four active bat titles, plus all the bat family stuff. I seem to remember a lot of cancellations and new number 1's coming out to add to the overall chaotic nature. Rebirth is a lot better, but it does feel like DiDio is trying to tarnish it. Synder has been getting a lot of praise for his stuff with Batman and JL. I honestly found it an incomprehensible mess and felt like, for lack of a better term, it was "too comicy" and I say this as someone who enjoyed the pre-Infinite Crisis JL comics which really leaned into some of the crazier parts of comics.

• Like Like x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.