Sperg about comic books here -

RockVolnutt

kiwifarms.net

This opinion of D&C's one that I'm on the fence about. I think capeshit families only turn bad if it's all they interact with, you end up with this feeling of them being some high and mighty club like a bunch of Marvel characters are going through right now. IMO the sour taste in his mouth probably is more an Arrowverse thing since that's where his dislike comes from. I never watched them so if anyone wants to explain how they handle it, please go ahead.

DC capes having proteges who later set off on their own is a pretty established thing and removing that removes their legacy. They usually aren't clustered together, most of the Bat-family isn't even in Gotham anymore for example. The Captain Marvel family is pretty silly but they also have the weakness of their powers being divided the more of them transform so it is possible to write them without any of them overpowering the narrative.

He's right about a hypothetical "Daredevil and the Sonar Squad" being a stupid idea but only because it doesn't fit the Marvel Universe where the aliases are tied to individuals rather than being larger than life icons. I'm terrible at explaining this but Captain America is the only notable Marvel cape who shares that quality and it's debatable as Steve Rogers' most successful successor is.....Steve Rogers.

• Agree
Reactions: Heckler1

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
I just got a chance to read Thanos: Infinity Conflict and I gotta say its hands down the best Marvel comic I've read in years. Its the middle part of a trilogy and nothing much happens, but the story that's there is so well told and so engaging I couldn't put it down.

The plot is simple: Thanos, under the control of his future self, is absorbing the fundamental aspects of the universe into himself in order to become the universe. Standing against him are Adam Warlock, Pip the Troll and his brother Eros.

Story and dialogue by Jim Starlin, art by Alan Davis.

Spoiler images.
Thanos rides a fucking asteroid.

RCO034.jpg

Lady Death gets a few cool scenes.

RCO038.jpg

Thanos beats the fuck out of Eternity and Infinity.

RCO084.jpg

Thanos reaches his full power.

RCO095.jpg

Its incredible to see these two masters at work again. The story flows beautifully. There are no 9-panel pages. The dialogue is tight, with very few word dumps. Starlin knows how to write for these characters; he gives them all their own voices. Davis knows how to craft an engaging narrative on the page. There's never a point where you get fatigue from trying to figure out what the fuck's going on because the art is cluttered and disorganized like in so many modern comics. I can't praise this book enough.

If I had one complaint its that the colorist drops the ball a bit. They switched colorists between this book and the last, and the colors feel a little flatter this go around. Besides that though, its as good as a comic released in 2018 is going to get.

• Informative
Reactions: _blank_

Lensherr

kiwifarms.net
My friend got me Watchmen for Christmas, so I'm currently re-reading it. I've gotten through Chapter 1, and so far I'm enjoying the excerpts from Hollis Mason's book the most, which are fantastic world-building (seriously, I'd say Watchmen has some of the best world-building I've seen in any piece of media).

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
I got for Christmas the rest of the first trilogy of Blake and Mortimer.

In bad news i just found out DC did something that surprised me badly because it's something i would expect from Marvel instead and it just doesn't fall into the sort of humor i find funny: A comic mocking Christ.

2odastream

r/Drama queen
kiwifarms.net
So from what I gather the Dan Slott Spider-Man books have bad writing but mostly passable art, but the Nick Spencer run has some absolutely shit art but better writing. That sounds extremely poor for such a flagship title that they can't throw money for some decent artists at it.

TenMilesWide

It's a communist plot!
kiwifarms.net
So from what I gather the Dan Slott Spider-Man books have bad writing but mostly passable art, but the Nick Spencer run has some absolutely shit art but better writing. That sounds extremely poor for such a flagship title that they can't throw money for some decent artists at it.
Spider-man is a white male character, he doesn't deserve quality.

• Feels
Reactions: 2odastream

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
(I didn't find a better thread so this one will have to do)
Guess which annoying chacracter created for the New 52 has been introduced into Young Justice season 3 despite no one demanding for her:
download.jpeg
Harper Row

Zaryiu

Nobody important
kiwifarms.net
Is that just a female Nightwing?
She was created by Scott Snyder, a bisexual atheist that wasn't well written (same for the black kid he created to make about him hating the concept of Robin like how he refused to use Damien because "I have kids so I can't handle writing a fictional kid in any bad situation) and in the Batman and Robin Eternal comic she ended up having the whole story revolve around her while Batman was often not seen and the Robins were shoved out to be secondary characters

Remember the whole "Cyclops was right" debate people had? Well we have a canonical answer now
Cyclops-Repent.jpg
This is important because it shows Cyclops isn't anymore a Mutant supremacist (oh and Paul helped the character in the next image to revive Cyclops)
Cyclops-repent-2.jpg
Straight from Cyclops mouth (that other character is KID Cable, yes they killed Cable again and replaced him with another version of him that has that, the stuff mentioned earlier and convincing the X-Men to send the tennage original 5 back home (By the way here's how it ended, the teenage Jean Grey wipes her and the other 5 memories so history is not changed, I don't know how but the Adult O5 have the memories of their teenage selves (Yes adult Jean Grey is back too) )

What a waste of years

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative

Heckler1

kiwifarms.net
Remember the whole "Cyclops was right" debate people had? Well we have a canonical answer now
View attachment 651565
This is important because it shows Cyclops isn't anymore a Mutant supremacist (oh and Paul helped the character in the next image to revive Cyclops)
View attachment 651571
Straight from Cyclops mouth (that other character is KID Cable, yes they killed Cable again and replaced him with another version of him that has that, the stuff mentioned earlier and convincing the X-Men to send the tennage original 5 back home (By the way here's how it ended, the teenage Jean Grey wipes her and the other 5 memories so history is not changed, I don't know how but the Adult O5 have the memories of their teenage selves (Yes adult Jean Grey is back too) )

What a waste of years
This is the worst kind of retcon. Where a character just kind of changes their mind out of nowhere in an attempt to pretend a previous run didn't happen.

Water-T

Let's go crunch some numbers!
kiwifarms.net
So are they just pretending it didn't happen?
Sort of. A younger version of Cable shows up, kills the older version, then kidnaps the original teenage X-Men (Scott, Hank, Jean, Warren, and Bobby). He amputates Warren's flaming wings of cosmic energy, and grafts on a pair of feathery ones from Mimic. He tells them that by staying there,it will eventually lead to a "Days of Future Past" future, and so they have to go back the way they were originally, with their memories of the future erased so they don't alter the timeline further. This means that young past Bobby has to forget the fact that he likes dick now, but current adult Bobby is still munching on cock like popsicles. Just another reason why making Bobby gay was stupid - it not only retconned all the numerous relationships he had with women, but any moron could see that they had to go back eventually and baby Bobby would have to unsuck all those dicks.

2odastream

r/Drama queen
kiwifarms.net
You know for all the wokening they've been doing, does Marvel still keep Hank Pym still around? I'd be surprised that they'd keep a white male that hit his wife around but then again Marvel does only care about money with wokeness as a SHIELD (haha)

Cyber Bowling

kiwifarms.net
You know for all the wokening they've been doing, does Marvel still keep Hank Pym still around? I'd be surprised that they'd keep a white male that hit his wife around but then again Marvel does only care about money with wokeness as a SHIELD (haha)
I'm pretty behind on Marvel lore, but if I remember right the last time I saw Hank around he was either merged with or being controlled by Ultron.

• Informative
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino