Sperg about comic books here -

Water-T

Let's go crunch some numbers!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Finally got around to reading "God Complex" and enjoyed the Iron Man/Thor team-up.
I'm digging Kibblesmith's "Loki" series and I'm curious as to how it may reboot or otherwise tie-in with whatever the new "Thor" team has in store, whoever that new team ends up being.

It's been decades since I've read any X-men books, but Hickman's House of/Powers of X books seem interesting. Do they really reboot the X-part of Earth-616?
I don't think so. Here's a spoiler filled primer for HOXPOX:

Turns out that Moira MacTaggert IS a mutant. This explains why she was the only "human" to get the Legacy virus.
Her power works two ways: When she dies, she lives her life over again, carrying all memories of her prior lives even as a fetus. She is now on her tenth (roman numeral X) life. It makes her undetectable as a mutant with some exceptions - Destiny's precognition got around this, and Xavier was only able to see her memories of her past lives when she let him.

Her first life had her marry and have kids, then die of old age.
Her second is when she realized she was living her life over again, but did not marry and have kids. Realized she was a mutant and went to see Xavier, but she died when her plane crashed
Her third life is when she decided to find a cure for mutancy. Destiny foresaw this, and Mystique and the Brotherhood attacked her lab and killed everyone else there. Destiny swore to use her precognition to stop and murder Moira regardless of how many times they have to find her again and kill her if she decides to "cure" mutants instead of help them. Destiny also said that she foresaw that Moira's powers only allow her 10 lives in all (maybe 11 if she plays her cards right), and that if she dies before her mutation kicks in at puberty, then the rebirth cycle ends. Then Pyro sets her on fire and life #4 begins.

Thus lives #4 through #9 involve Moira trying different tactics to save the mutant race. Getting Xavier to start an independant mutant nation. Teaming up with Magento instead. Teaming up with Apocalypse. Killing every member of the Trask family to prevent the Sentinels from being made. All failed, big time.

So now she's on life number 10, meeting up with Xavier much sooner than before and telling him everything about her and her past lives, in hopes of getting it right since this might be her last life.

On top of this, Krakoa is now a mutant sovereign nation, with it's own language and culture. The living isle is now a sentient land/computer, run by the help of Cypher and his super hacking/language powers. A group called Orchis is assembling a base in space that will build Mother Mold, a machine that can mass produce Master Molds, which are Sentinel production factories. This is the factor is all of Moira's lives that leads to the decimation of mutants. Several mutants - including Wolverine and Nightcrawler - go to the base and succeed in destroying the Mother Mold moments before she comes online...but they all die horribly in the process.

Yet Xavier has assembled 5 mutants whose powers combined can resurrect mutants who died, called the Resurrection Protocols. Goldballs (yes, that is his name) produces giant gold balls that are actually unviable eggs. Proteus uses his reality warping to make them viable. The dead mutant's DNA is injected and "kickstarted" by Elixir's healing powers. Their growth is accelerated by Tempus' time manipulation. Hope's copy/amplification powers help boost and synchronize everyone else's so the process works 100% of the time. Then Xavier downloads a copy of their memories into their body. He wears Cerebro at all times and has "backup files" in his head and in other locations. Now mutants are essentially immortal.

Which now leads to The Council: Professor X, White Queen, Magneto, Exodus, Apocalypse, Mister Sinister, Nightcrawler, Storm, Mystique, Black King, Marvel Girl, and a member that Emma chose called "Red King" that is not yet known. They are judge and jury for mutantkind, and condemned Sabretooth to eternally be buried alive beneath Krakoa FOREVER for his crimes. They established three laws: Killing a human is a crime (since they cannot be resurrected by the Protocols), Krakoa is sacred land, and for mutants to freely reproduce.

They made a bargain with the UN: recognize Krakoa as a sovereign nation and allow all mutants amnesty to become citizens of Krakoa, and any nations that recognizes it as such will get drugs made only from Krakoa that extends life by five years, eliminates mental disorders, and cures cancer. Only a few nations like Wakanda and Latveria have refused.

And all this is just in House of X 1 -6.

Powers of X deals with 100 years and 1000 years later, and how Sentinels have all but eliminated the mutant race, so I'm guessing they are the most possibly likely futures that Moira has been trying to prevent. There is only one issue left, which should finally explain where that all fits in.

Also, Millennium was garbage. The Legion doesn't even show up until the end of issue #2, and it's for some group shot. Nothing happened in both issues except Bendis trying to tie in OMAC, Kamandi, and other futures that occurred in the DCU, because that's apparently what people really wanted, and not a series explaining why the LOSH got rebooted YET AGAIN.

Detrogen

Real Humdinger
kiwifarms.net
Haven't you learned that any comic with that word on the cover is worthless?
At the very least I thoroughly enjoyed everything Bendis did with Avengers up to the completion of Siege. Since then though his dialogue and characters have been utterly awful.

Also, since someone mentioned it last paged, are they really getting a new crew on Thor? Jason Aaron’s Thor run has been consistently terrible and I’d love to be able to read that character again.

Tor Lugosi

kiwifarms.net
Got to the end of the Brood Saga in X-Men. What a weirdly anticlimactic story that was. The issue with Wolverine escaping the Brood and surviving the implanted egg is great and it feels like they're really setting up something special... and then telepathic spiritual space whales deflate the whole thing. Storm also becomes incredibly annoying during the end, with her whole "Sure, the Brood constantly commit genocide and want to kill me and everyone I know... but killing them would be wrong!" shit.

This is also the start of the New Mutants and I've read the first few issues. I like it for the most part so far but the group set-up seems weird, like a party comprised almost entirely of different bard sub-classes. Sunspot feels to be the only real exception but Claremont seems to have become very aware of the dangers of making characters too powerful around this time, with him giving Sunspot overt limits on his power and even powered-down Storm after the Brood arc.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Finally got around to reading "God Complex" and enjoyed the Iron Man/Thor team-up.
I'm digging Kibblesmith's "Loki" series and I'm curious as to how it may reboot or otherwise tie-in with whatever the new "Thor" team has in store, whoever that new team ends up being.

It's been decades since I've read any X-men books, but Hickman's House of/Powers of X books seem interesting. Do they really reboot the X-part of Earth-616?
"As I understand it" yes

DiscreetFrog

kiwifarms.net
If there's going to be New Mutants sperging, I'd like to be part of that please. Bill Siekenwietz is insanely amazing and does some crazy schitzo 80s techno vibe art as long as he works on The New Mutants. Some of his best work. Sunspot is basically a likeable precursor to Hellion. Magick's whole storyline is awesome. Even the less likable team members totally grow on you. Not trying to leave spoilers because it looks like you're boning up on the classics! Claremont's Uncanny X-Men ties in heavily with TNM. Worth a second look for sure!

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
If there's going to be New Mutants sperging, I'd like to be part of that please. Bill Siekenwietz is insanely amazing and does some crazy schitzo 80s techno vibe art as long as he works on The New Mutants. Some of his best work. Sunspot is basically a likeable precursor to Hellion. Magick's whole storyline is awesome. Even the less likable team members totally grow on you. Not trying to leave spoilers because it looks like you're boning up on the classics! Claremont's Uncanny X-Men ties in heavily with TNM. Worth a second look for sure!
The Demon Bear Saga pretty much has some of his best art, especially with how he draws the main villain.

DiscreetFrog

kiwifarms.net
The Demon Bear Saga pretty much has some of his best art, especially with how he draws the main villain.
I agree!! Plus some of his stuff with Magma and Warlock (Badlands specifically) is cool too!
The Demon Bear Saga is supposedly the plot of the upcoming movie, I'm P excited. Casting looks decent.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
At the very least I thoroughly enjoyed everything Bendis did with Avengers up to the completion of Siege. Since then though his dialogue and characters have been utterly awful.

Also, since someone mentioned it last paged, are they really getting a new crew on Thor? Jason Aaron’s Thor run has been consistently terrible and I’d love to be able to read that character again.
Yeah relaunch in January, Donny Cates is going to be writing it Nic Klein is the artist.

Apparently it's his other dream writing gig aside from Venom.

What the fuck happened to Jason? He went from writing Wolverine to making Thor a cuck.

Reactions: Detrogen

Detrogen

Real Humdinger
kiwifarms.net
Yeah relaunch in January, Donny Cates is going to be writing it Nic Klein is the artist.

Apparently it's his other dream writing gig aside from Venom.

What the fuck happened to Jason? He went from writing Wolverine to making Thor a cuck.
Glad to see it’s someone with talent taking over Thor. I’m not a fan of his Guardians of the Galaxy book, but I’ve really enjoyed everything else Cates has done with Marvel so far (Doctor Strange in particular).

The only thing I hope is that his run on Thor doesn’t become “The Adventures of Thor and the Secret Asgardian Lore That All Just So Happens to Involve Knull the Symbiote God”. I get he likes this character he’s created but he could... you know... make another one.

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
I recently read Teen Titans Year One. I really like the art style and character designs, wish the main canon TT looked the same way.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Glad to see it’s someone with talent taking over Thor. I’m not a fan of his Guardians of the Galaxy book, but I’ve really enjoyed everything else Cates has done with Marvel so far (Doctor Strange in particular).

The only thing I hope is that his run on Thor doesn’t become “The Adventures of Thor and the Secret Asgardian Lore That All Just So Happens to Involve Knull the Symbiote God”. I get he likes this character he’s created but he could... you know... make another one.
The story is going to involve evil Olympian gods I think.

The one thing I want out of Marvel is a new She Hulk book that atleast somewhat restores her to the way she used to be before Marvel turned her into Bruce Banner with a vagina.

It's the main reason I'm interested in the new show they are doing.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Sana Amanat?

Seriously though I do wonder how much power she actually holds at Marvel, CG youtubers tend to blame her for Marvel's descent into SJWdom.
Part of the theory marvel is working on

We need characters more LIKE the hip young kids that are similar demographically to the hip young kids that started the silver and bronze age booms.

HOWEVER they wont BUY comics with brand new characters....nor (more importantly) does the legacy audience

So they need to change existing characters into things relevant to hip young kids

So since "Body type diversity feminism" is hot now they made She-Hulk (which is sexist to kids today) into Hulk

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Part of the theory marvel is working on

We need characters more LIKE the hip young kids that are similar demographically to the hip young kids that started the silver and bronze age booms.

HOWEVER they wont BUY comics with brand new characters....nor (more importantly) does the legacy audience

So they need to change existing characters into things relevant to hip young kids

So since "Body type diversity feminism" is hot now they made She-Hulk (which is sexist to kids today) into Hulk
...I think the cratered sales shows that this isn't working as they hoped though.

God I hope the Disney+ show leads to a reboot that throws out this garbage.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino