Sperg about comic books here -

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Finally got around to reading "God Complex" and enjoyed the Iron Man/Thor team-up.
I'm digging Kibblesmith's "Loki" series and I'm curious as to how it may reboot or otherwise tie-in with whatever the new "Thor" team has in store, whoever that new team ends up being.

It's been decades since I've read any X-men books, but Hickman's House of/Powers of X books seem interesting. Do they really reboot the X-part of Earth-616?
"As I understand it" yes

Lady Pigroach

🐖 in a 🥳
kiwifarms.net
If there's going to be New Mutants sperging, I'd like to be part of that please. Bill Siekenwietz is insanely amazing and does some crazy schitzo 80s techno vibe art as long as he works on The New Mutants. Some of his best work. Sunspot is basically a likeable precursor to Hellion. Magick's whole storyline is awesome. Even the less likable team members totally grow on you. Not trying to leave spoilers because it looks like you're boning up on the classics! Claremont's Uncanny X-Men ties in heavily with TNM. Worth a second look for sure!

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
If there's going to be New Mutants sperging, I'd like to be part of that please. Bill Siekenwietz is insanely amazing and does some crazy schitzo 80s techno vibe art as long as he works on The New Mutants. Some of his best work. Sunspot is basically a likeable precursor to Hellion. Magick's whole storyline is awesome. Even the less likable team members totally grow on you. Not trying to leave spoilers because it looks like you're boning up on the classics! Claremont's Uncanny X-Men ties in heavily with TNM. Worth a second look for sure!
The Demon Bear Saga pretty much has some of his best art, especially with how he draws the main villain.

Lady Pigroach

🐖 in a 🥳
kiwifarms.net
The Demon Bear Saga pretty much has some of his best art, especially with how he draws the main villain.
I agree!! Plus some of his stuff with Magma and Warlock (Badlands specifically) is cool too!
The Demon Bear Saga is supposedly the plot of the upcoming movie, I'm P excited. Casting looks decent.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
At the very least I thoroughly enjoyed everything Bendis did with Avengers up to the completion of Siege. Since then though his dialogue and characters have been utterly awful.

Also, since someone mentioned it last paged, are they really getting a new crew on Thor? Jason Aaron’s Thor run has been consistently terrible and I’d love to be able to read that character again.
Yeah relaunch in January, Donny Cates is going to be writing it Nic Klein is the artist.

Apparently it's his other dream writing gig aside from Venom.

What the fuck happened to Jason? He went from writing Wolverine to making Thor a cuck.

Reactions: Detrogen

Detrogen

Senior Citizen Virgin
kiwifarms.net
Yeah relaunch in January, Donny Cates is going to be writing it Nic Klein is the artist.

Apparently it's his other dream writing gig aside from Venom.

What the fuck happened to Jason? He went from writing Wolverine to making Thor a cuck.

Glad to see it’s someone with talent taking over Thor. I’m not a fan of his Guardians of the Galaxy book, but I’ve really enjoyed everything else Cates has done with Marvel so far (Doctor Strange in particular).

The only thing I hope is that his run on Thor doesn’t become “The Adventures of Thor and the Secret Asgardian Lore That All Just So Happens to Involve Knull the Symbiote God”. I get he likes this character he’s created but he could... you know... make another one.

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
I recently read Teen Titans Year One. I really like the art style and character designs, wish the main canon TT looked the same way.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Glad to see it’s someone with talent taking over Thor. I’m not a fan of his Guardians of the Galaxy book, but I’ve really enjoyed everything else Cates has done with Marvel so far (Doctor Strange in particular).

The only thing I hope is that his run on Thor doesn’t become “The Adventures of Thor and the Secret Asgardian Lore That All Just So Happens to Involve Knull the Symbiote God”. I get he likes this character he’s created but he could... you know... make another one.
The story is going to involve evil Olympian gods I think.

The one thing I want out of Marvel is a new She Hulk book that atleast somewhat restores her to the way she used to be before Marvel turned her into Bruce Banner with a vagina.

It's the main reason I'm interested in the new show they are doing.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Sana Amanat?

Seriously though I do wonder how much power she actually holds at Marvel, CG youtubers tend to blame her for Marvel's descent into SJWdom.
Part of the theory marvel is working on

We need characters more LIKE the hip young kids that are similar demographically to the hip young kids that started the silver and bronze age booms.

HOWEVER they wont BUY comics with brand new characters....nor (more importantly) does the legacy audience

So they need to change existing characters into things relevant to hip young kids

So since "Body type diversity feminism" is hot now they made She-Hulk (which is sexist to kids today) into Hulk

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Part of the theory marvel is working on

We need characters more LIKE the hip young kids that are similar demographically to the hip young kids that started the silver and bronze age booms.

HOWEVER they wont BUY comics with brand new characters....nor (more importantly) does the legacy audience

So they need to change existing characters into things relevant to hip young kids

So since "Body type diversity feminism" is hot now they made She-Hulk (which is sexist to kids today) into Hulk
...I think the cratered sales shows that this isn't working as they hoped though.

God I hope the Disney+ show leads to a reboot that throws out this garbage.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Who were a key demographic of comic buyers in the 80s and 90s
Well here's hoping I guess.

I still buy some Marvel titles but I'll be happy when the SocJus fad gets replaced.

Weird thing is if they're trying to capture the youth demo then why do they keep doubling down on SocJus shit considering that sales indicate that shit isn't popular with kids/teens?* manga is destroying them *

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Well here's hoping I guess.

I still buy some Marvel titles but I'll be happy when the SocJus fad gets replaced.

Weird thing is if they're trying to capture the youth demo then why do they keep doubling down on SocJus shit considering that sales indicate that shit isn't popular with kids/teens?* manga is destroying them *
Why do you think every marvel comic has trash tier slice of life humor and structure in it? [other then making it cheaper to make as a streaming show adaption]

Tags
None