Sperg about comic books here -

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Who were a key demographic of comic buyers in the 80s and 90s
Well here's hoping I guess.

I still buy some Marvel titles but I'll be happy when the SocJus fad gets replaced.

Weird thing is if they're trying to capture the youth demo then why do they keep doubling down on SocJus shit considering that sales indicate that shit isn't popular with kids/teens?* manga is destroying them *

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Well here's hoping I guess.

I still buy some Marvel titles but I'll be happy when the SocJus fad gets replaced.

Weird thing is if they're trying to capture the youth demo then why do they keep doubling down on SocJus shit considering that sales indicate that shit isn't popular with kids/teens?* manga is destroying them *
Why do you think every marvel comic has trash tier slice of life humor and structure in it? [other then making it cheaper to make as a streaming show adaption]

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Why do you think every marvel comic has trash tier slice of life humor and structure in it? [other then making it cheaper to make as a streaming show adaption]
I always thought it's because Millennial "creators" are obsessed with Joss Whedon.

Because if that's their attempt to ape manga it's just sad.

• Agree
Reactions: The Shadow

AnOminous

I'm not mad at anyone, honest.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
We need characters more LIKE the hip young kids that are similar demographically to the hip young kids that started the silver and bronze age booms.
Except nobody wants shit-tier fanfics of established characters that make them completely unrecognizable just to satisfy the creepy fetish of the fan who created them. And if they do they can get it free on fanfic sites, they're not going to pay for it.

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Except nobody wants shit-tier fanfics of established characters that make them completely unrecognizable just to satisfy the creepy fetish of the fan who created them. And if they do they can get it free on fanfic sites, they're not going to pay for it.
they claim it totally sells well on forums where their sales statistics are inaccessible

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Meanwhile they're forced to constantly reboot almost every title they put out and begrudgingly revert to the status quo on major heroes after insulting fans for not liking their crappy "revisions".

Real successful guys.
They don't want to do the hard work of publishing (which has a bad profit margin) they want to do the easier work of brand management (which has a fat profit margin) but they need the publishing to keep the brands in the public psyche

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
They don't want to do the hard work of publishing (which has a bad profit margin) they want to do the easier work of brand management (which has a fat profit margin) but they need the publishing to keep the brands in the public psyche
Are we talking Disney or Marvel itself here?

From what I've heard of Ike Perlmutter it wouldn't surprise me if he's doing the bare minimum, man's infamously cheap to the point he almost made Kevin Feige nope outta Hollywood.
"It sells great online"

DC has now admitted that online sales are trash

"Scholastic book fair and Barnes and Noble fam"
Forbes releases data that shows superhero comics are getting destroyed by everything else in the graphic novel market.

"Super heroes are in decline as a genre"

Hottest new anime/manga series is literally Japanese X-Men

"REEEEEEEEEEEE"

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Are we talking Disney or Marvel itself here?
Yes
From what I've heard of Ike Perlmutter it wouldn't surprise me if he's doing the bare minimum, man's infamously cheap to the point he almost made Kevin Feige nope outta Hollywood.
They made more money giving the New York Jets the short term rights (3 games) to use the Hulk then they did off of publishing Hulk comics for a 10 year period
Forbes releases data that shows superhero comics are getting destroyed by everything else in the graphic novel market.

"Super heroes are in decline as a genre"

Hottest new anime/manga series is literally Japanese X-Men

"REEEEEEEEEEEE"
They dont want to put in the work

Manwithn0n0men

kiwifarms.net
Thought so.

Sad thing is at least on Marvel's end this isn't a new problem, Marvel's prioritized licensing over the comics since the 90s when Avi Arad was in charge.
Licenses werent worth REMOTELY as much then as they are now for Marvel

Bugatti could make a spider-man themed spider

::However:: Marvel wants to be in a situation where they publish and their product is in the hands of millions of people. They just have no idea how to do what Manga does successfully

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
Licenses werent worth REMOTELY as much then as they are now for Marvel

Bugatti could make a spider-man themed spider
Because super hero movies are the current popcorn fad right?

That kind of makes me worried for the future of Marvel if they've put all their eggs in the movie basket.

What are they going to do once the bubble bursts?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino