Spirits & Liquor -

Pick your poison

• Total voters

Man vs persistent rat

A good egg is a nice person
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To compliment the whisky and getting drunk economics threads, what liquors have you been enjoying?

The more I've been digging into neutral spirit-based products, the more the distinction between vodka and gin has become meaningless, and some of my favourite 'gin' tasting things are infused vodkas. Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka is a pleasant and affordable pick, Holy Grass Vodka may be a bit less widely-available but has a very good herbal infusion. Hophead Vodka was also interesting, as while it had the flavour is claimed, it was another thing that essentially just tasted like a non-juniper dominant gin.

Another interesting subject is unadulterated rum, that is rum presented as it comes from the barrel, similar to how the legislation for bourbon and scotch restrict their products to. Almost all rum is sullied with undeclared additives and colouring, but some bottlers try to negate this. Mezan is my favourite so far although I'm not sure about how widespread its availability is.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
My current poisons on hand are Knob Creek bourbon, Prairie Organic gin, a mostly empty bottle of Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey and some assorted bitchbeers/alcopops.
Knob Creek - good bourbon, would recommend.
Prairie Organic - pleasant American dry gin with nice herbal notes. Mixes well, too.
Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey - oh shit nigga what are you doing. WAY too sweet, I don't care if it is cut with honey liqueur and is therefore supposed to be way too sweet. Kind of a curiosity-purchase, now a regret-purchase.
Kinky Aloha - oversweet even for an alcopop but honestly tasty otherwise. Would be nice if they let the lime out to play more.
There's also some Mexican Mudslide mix I keep for putting over ice cream. It's not as good at that as Bailey's, though.

I had a 4 pack of Guinness in cans not long ago. Not terrible, but the epitome of basic bitch stout. Nothing exciting. Also recently indulged in a local brewery's version of Belgian Saison and that was very good beer.

BoingoTango

Sabat on a gayops
kiwifarms.net
JACK DANIELS IF YOU PLEASE

I gotta say though. I've tried to drink that Jack Daniels Honey crap, and oh god, it's so bad. It's not that it's too sweet. It just has a certain overly spicy (not hot spicy, but a spice) flavor that I can't get behind. Give me some good ole regular jack daniels any day of the week.
Crown Royale is really good for whiskey, better than Jack but more expensive.
For vodka, I'm a pretty big fan of Svedka. Or Bacardi for white rum.

As you can tell I'm pretty basic.

I've also recently been wanting to get more into Absinthe. I tried Absente brand. It's alright, but from what I hear it's basically mid-tier so not too great. From what I hear the Marilyn Manson (faggot that he is) brand of absinthe is actually quite good, but I'm not too sure. Anyone know more about it then me that can recommend something good?

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
Can we all agree that buying liquor in Pennsylvania is complete and utter bullshit?
I haven't had the displeasure but I've heard stories about how weird shit gets in that region re: liquor laws and regs + price/tax.

I think any retarded Blue laws got repealed here a while ago.

ApatheticViewer

kiwifarms.net
Russian Standard was my baby before I quit. Clear and smooth. Perfect.

As far as gin goes Sipsmith is great stuff. SeerSucker is lesser known but has a nice distinct taste. Hendricks is obvious but regular Tanqueray was my go to (the only liquor I'd gotten so used to I could drink it straight from the bottle)

And I didn't drink anything else besides beer and cheap red wine

I had a 4 pack of Guinness in cans not long ago. Not terrible, but the epitome of basic bitch stout. Nothing exciting.
Did you pour them correctly dude? Or just drink them straight from the can?

Last edited:

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
Did you pour them correctly dude? Or just drink them straight from the can?
I have one single, solitary stout glass left that I use for this kind of beer, though I suppose a pint glass would have worked as well. (I HAD 4 but someone got fucking cute with the box they were in.) It's seen nicer stouts than Guinness, though Guinness isn't terrible or anything. Guinness is babby's first stout, I got it because it was on sale and I'd never had the canned version. Had a special print on it from Guinness' old ads with the bear, but collecting aluminum cans is kind of silly.

The best and greatest

kiwifarms.net
The last thing I remember drinking was something called Calico Jack poured over vanilla icecream. I havent had a drop of spirits or alcohol since. Watching wanton alcoholism destroy the lives of all the people around me sort of kills my enthusiasm for drink.

BoingoTango

Sabat on a gayops
kiwifarms.net
Also I think it's worth making the case FOR American Beer. I mean sure whatever they don't have particularly "good" or interesting flavor, but it's way more drinkable and less jarring every drink. I can drink down down Budweisers, or even shitty light beer and keep going until I get drunk, shitty-ass stouts and other beer tends to just make my stomach feel bloated and gross and I don't really want much more after one, even if it tastes better initially. I do kinda like IPA's, especially the ones that taste a lot like Weed, but even those have the same problem of making me not want to drink enough to actually get good and drunk, which after all is the whole point.

V0dka

I'm drunk.
kiwifarms.net
Gee guess what I'm drinking right now. Dan Aykroyd's vodka is amazingly smooth, but such extravagance is wasted on a pleb like me so I get the cheapest dirtiest shit you can buy. Maybe the occasional Tequila sunrise or Margarita if I'm out. They are quite nice.

Beer, whiskey, bourbon, and most everything else is literally disgusting to me. Sambucca I can't even understand how it's a product. May as well pour me a glass of antifreeze.

YourMommasBackstory

Gosh, I hope I’m safe it this suit!
kiwifarms.net
As a poor student, vodka and cheap liquors are my choise. Not fancy and stuff, but if you want to get drunk and you have some juice/cola for mixing, it's great. Just don't forget to save some money so you could buy some beer next morning because you will feel bad.
And it's still better then drinking colognes tho.

ScamL Likely

IT'S! NOT! EVEN! HOT! OUT! SIDE~!
kiwifarms.net
It'd be easier to list what I don't like as far as liquor goes, and that'd be extremely cheap brandy/cognac (if it claims to be an XO but costs less than 10 bucks run for the hills), Jack Daniels (I used to drink it but I can't stomach it anymore), Jameson (I drank a bottle way too quickly once and associate the name with horrific nausea now), and Metaxa (something about the flavor is just sickening to me). I'm not too keen on vodka either but it'll do if there's nothing else around at a party or whatever.

Tags
None