Spirits & Liquor -

Pick your poison

• Total voters

Okkervils

Get your flu shot.
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Also I think it's worth making the case FOR American Beer. I mean sure whatever they don't have particularly "good" or interesting flavor, but it's way more drinkable and less jarring every drink. I can drink down down Budweisers, or even shitty light beer and keep going until I get drunk, shitty-ass stouts and other beer tends to just make my stomach feel bloated and gross and I don't really want much more after one, even if it tastes better initially. I do kinda like IPA's, especially the ones that taste a lot like Weed, but even those have the same problem of making me not want to drink enough to actually get good and drunk, which after all is the whole point.
Grow up.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
Also I think it's worth making the case FOR American Beer.
Unless you're talking about things like Sam Adams, Alaskan or certain microbrews I disagree. If you don't care about flavor just drink Steel Reserve and Natty Ice, because at least they get you tanked faster than Budweiser's pisswater.

I've had people swear by Yuengling but I'm unimpressed.

ApatheticViewer

kiwifarms.net
Unless you're talking about things like Sam Adams, Alaskan or certain microbrews I disagree. If you don't care about flavor just drink Steel Reserve and Natty Ice, because at least they get you tanked faster than Budweiser's pisswater.

I've had people swear by Yuengling but I'm unimpressed.
I'll swear by Coors Banquet for the rest of time. Crisp and sweet. Comes in those cool stubby bottles too

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure its the only commercial beer produced solely in the US.

Last edited:

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
No, just come from a kind-of-poor background and surrounded by kind-of-poor people.
Higher-class folks crawl into bottles too, they just prefer more expensive bottles.

I mean, if it's something where you are pretty sure you're going to use the booze to medicate and go alkie, yeah, steer clear, but don't let other people not being able to handle themselves cause you to deny yourself something you think you might enjoy in moderation.

The best and greatest

kiwifarms.net
Higher-class folks crawl into bottles too, they just prefer more expensive bottles.

I mean, if it's something where you are pretty sure you're going to use the booze to medicate and go alkie, yeah, steer clear, but don't let other people not being able to handle themselves cause you to deny yourself something you think you might enjoy in moderation.
In my experience upper class people don't tend to be as alcoholic and those who are usually fall into the realm of what we call "Functioning alcoholism" Poor people by comparison tend to be alcoholic more often and it tends to be life-crippling. Not to upset anyone but there is a large segment of the underclass which are low-achievers facing a world that needs them less and less. The most they have to look forward to is staying out of rehab and that much coveted head-cook position (for however long their mundane labor remains economically relevant) at the local eatery, assuming they manage to keep the job before their alcoholism kicks back in and they undermine themselves. Again.

The alcoholism is a small part of a larger picture of sadness, limited potential, dysfunction, hopelessness, lack of direction, spite and bitterness, psychotic breakdowns, self loathing, suicidal rage, and so on. The sort of things that break a man; a life lived of utter impotency.

Edit: I'm sorry this got really dark without my noticing. I think I might break my temperance and find me some rum.

Last edited:
I've been known to enjoy the odd little tipple now and then.

Vodka: Zubrowska or Grey Goose.
I'm not a big vodka drinker, so these are my preferred choices if I'm mixing anything.

Gin: Bombay Sapphire, Gordons, Beef Eaters, Tanqueray.
I'm a big G&T or Gin martini drinker, my go to is Bombay Sapphire, but there are lots of really nice choices in terms of good gin.

Rum: Mount Gay Reserve. Appleton Estates Reserve Spice.
I don't like mixing, so I drink rum straight, as such darker and spiced usually have a better flavor. Proof rums or white rums are only good for mixing into eggnog or cocktails.

Whisk(e)y.
My drink of choice is single malt scotch, I usually like Hebrides as they tend to have a stronger peat flavor, but anything is generally good. Talisker is really great, but expensive.
Single hands down favorite that I own is an Orkney Whisky, and a bottle of Double Wood.
I'm also partial to JP Wisers, and Kentucky Bourbon. Wild Turkey is a wild card, and my favorite whisky liquer is Yukon Jack. (It's far too easy to drink.)

Brandy
VSOP is nice in small amounts, especially as a smoking companion drink. I won't drink anything that isn't VSOP, cognac is amazingly smooth, but it's expensive.

Liquers
Hungarian Golden Pear, Drambuie, Gran Marnier, Frangelico, are all amazing liquers which are underrated. Frangelico alone is hands down the best, but I'm also partial to Gran Marnier. Also other flavored brandies, are really good.

Wine
Spanish table wine. Vino Tinto, cheap and easy. Otherwise it's Porto. I'm a slut for Port.

Beer
Microbrews, German Wiessbier, Leffe or Guinness.

Cider
Can't beat a fresh made regional cider.

That said I don't drink that much.

I very rarely drink any strong liquors, but of what I've had in my life, I think one of the tastiest was Old Monk, a dark rum that surprisingly comes from Pajeetland. One thing I hate about liquor is the lack of taste and overpowering alcohol hit in the mouth and nose. I'm ok with drinking something alcoholic but typically if it's above 6-7% alcohol, all I can taste is ethanol.

BoingoTango

Sabat on a gayops
kiwifarms.net
Um, we're talking about getting drunk here. I don't really think it's the place for maturity.

American beer is great in that I don't feel like someone took a shit in my stomach after I've drank it. Not all of it of course. I prefer Budweiser, or Blue Moon. I even like Michelob Ultra light or Bud Light platinum, all because they aren't assaulting on the senses and I don't feel like shit the next day. At the end of the day it's not really about the taste.

As for the IPA comment, that is basically what all IPA's taste like. I've even seen one or two that actually try to advertise it as that. Even then though, I can only drink about 1 IPA before I desperately want something else. I don't see how anyone can tell me with a straight face that IPA's don't taste like weed. Well, at least anyone that has tried weed.

People who sniff their own farts for what kind of beer and liquor they drink really need to get a hold of their unwarranted self-importance.

Okkervils

Get your flu shot.
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Um, we're talking about getting drunk here. I don't really think it's the place for maturity.

American beer is great in that I don't feel like someone took a shit in my stomach after I've drank it. Not all of it of course. I prefer Budweiser, or Blue Moon. I even like Michelob Ultra light or Bud Light platinum, all because they aren't assaulting on the senses and I don't feel like shit the next day. At the end of the day it's not really about the taste.

As for the IPA comment, that is basically what all IPA's taste like. I've even seen one or two that actually try to advertise it as that. Even then though, I can only drink about 1 IPA before I desperately want something else. I don't see how anyone can tell me with a straight face that IPA's don't taste like weed. Well, at least anyone that has tried weed.

People who sniff their own farts for what kind of beer and liquor they drink really need to get a hold of their unwarranted self-importance.
What I'm saying is you need to grow up if you're drinking American beer and IPAs because they 'taste like weed lol.' You want to get drunk? Do what normal adults do. You grab all the change you can find around your house, you walk to the liquor store. You pay, in quarters, and buy the cheapest pint of vodka they have and you leave in shame. I'm sorry it's upsetting for you to be confronted with the fact that you're behaving like a child.

Pathetic.

BoingoTango

Sabat on a gayops
kiwifarms.net
What I'm saying is you need to grow up if you're drinking American beer and IPAs because they 'taste like weed lol.' You want to get drunk? Do what normal adults do. You grab all the change you can find around your house, you walk to the liquor store. You pay, in quarters, and buy the cheapest pint of vodka they have and you leave in shame. I'm sorry it's upsetting for you to be confronted with the fact that you're behaving like a child.

Pathetic.
For the record I was not implying I regularly drink IPA's. Why would I do that if I can only drink about 1 per session? I'm sorry it's upsetting you to be confronted with the fact that not everyone has unwarranted self-importance over their drinking habit.

You have to try really fucking hard to actually get drunk on shitty american piss beer lol
I don't know man, this Bud Light Platinum i was drinking is 6%. Got a 6pack of it for a little over $5.
Not sure where your shit is coming from. It's actually a lot easier for me to get drink off "shitty american piss beer lol" that everyone decided they hate so much, especially when I can gulp down two or three of them in a pretty short period of time without feeling like I just ate as much as Amberlynn at a Golden Corrals.

• Dislike
Reactions: Okkervils
S

SJ 485

kiwifarms.net
I can gulp down two or three of them in a pretty short period of time
this is legit what teenagers think drinking is about, where is your father in all of this?
drink for enjoyment, not to get drunk, that way alcoholism lies

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person

Okkervils

Get your flu shot.
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For the record I was not implying I regularly drink IPA's. Why would I do that if I can only drink about 1 per session? I'm sorry it's upsetting you to be confronted with the fact that not everyone has unwarranted self-importance over their drinking habit.
It's not self-importance, I'm trying to help you grow and see what you're doing is just immature. Maybe you'll understand when you're older that beer isn't the way to go if you want to get serious about getting drunk.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Tags
None