Spirits & Liquor -

Pick your poison

• Total voters

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
I like to try new beverages based on their historical significance.
So far, my impressions have been:

Brandy: Extremely strong but tastes good. Kind of a buttery flavor and smooth. Only to drink in small quantities, except in brandy juleps, where it's mixed with syrup to create something that tastes like a syrupy sweet tea.

Gin: The master alcohol. Has a nice burning feeling on the lips and an inoffensive taste. Easy to drink but strong.

Vodka: Very easy to drink but kind of flavorless and boring.

Colt .45 Malt Liquor: Piss

Cabernet sauvignon: The master wine, easy to drink, could guzzle a bottle in one sitting; nice taste that would pair well with meat

American muscadine: Piss, way too fruity, but not any good kind of fruit

Red wines in general: Tasty, harder to drink than white wine

White wines in general: Boring
I personally don't find Cabs super easy to drink as wines go, at least not by themselves. Reds in general are like that. Whites can be really nice, frankly, with Rieslings being very tasty dessert wines, but you always choose the right wine for the right dish anyway. Blushes, roses, etc are alright, but I don't usually bother. I'm not a big wine guy anyway.

If you drink malt liquor you deserve your misery. The only people who drink King Cobra, Old English, etc. are melanin-enriched folks who can't afford proper hard liquor and want to get wasted in a hurry anyway without buying Night Train and being a wino.

I personally don't find Cabs super easy to drink as wines go, at least not by themselves. Reds in general are like that. Whites can be really nice, frankly, with Rieslings being very tasty dessert wines, but you always choose the right wine for the right dish anyway. Blushes, roses, etc are alright, but I don't usually bother. I'm not a big wine guy anyway.

If you drink malt liquor you deserve your misery. The only people who drink King Cobra, Old English, etc. are melanin-enriched folks who can't afford proper hard liquor and want to get wasted in a hurry anyway without buying Night Train and being a wino.
I got Colt .45 out of an admiration for the cheap price and a desire to experience genuine African American culture.

After trying distilled drinks, I've never felt any desire to touch it. Anything else tastes better, and if the goal is to get drunk, you can do so much more efficiently with liquor.

• Agree
Reactions: Jerri's Kid

Jerri's Kid

Moist as a snack cake.
kiwifarms.net
I got Colt .45 out of an admiration for the cheap price and a desire to experience genuine African American culture.

After trying distilled drinks, I've never felt any desire to touch it. Anything else tastes better, and if the goal is to get drunk, you can do so much more efficiently with liquor.
People would sometimes drink this stuff and hobo wine ironically at parties and they frequently regretted it the next day. This one guy at a party I attended chugged an entire bottle of Night Train and it ripped through his guts like a chainsaw. His roommate told us later that he woke up in the middle of the night and called the hospital because he was in so much pain.

• Horrifying
Reactions: I Love Beef

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
How’s Elijah Craig small batch? Got it today instead of my usual Wild Turkey 101. Any reccomendations for bourbons in a simalar price range to those 2 to help expand my horizons a bit, and had anyone tried Suntory Roku gin? Noticed my store had it and it has me curious.

Autism Contractor

I'm really fucking tired of stupid people
kiwifarms.net
I know rum's only got like 5 votes but if any of you sorry fucks ever happen to wander through Pennsylvania you need to try rum from Maggie's Farm. Particularly their spiced rum. Last time I was up there visiting my buddy he had me try it, its some amazing shit.

The Shadow

Edgy two gun mystery man
kiwifarms.net
Anybody ever try Everclear? I had a friend once who was obsessed with drinking it. I mean if you really are trying to get drunk on a budget and know how to manage yourself it can be nice. Or you can sit and shoot 8 or 9 shots of it at a time like my friend and then next thing you know your girlfriend of 2 years is leaving you and you're just left there wondering why.

Guess that means it's time for another round!

VirginVodka.png

BoingoTango

Sabat on a gayops
kiwifarms.net
A man of refinement and taste I see.

In retrospect this is probably the more appropiate drinking song for Everclear
Jesus, I listened to that after I posted it. He's playing in the wrong key and it doesn't sound quite right.
Studio version is better. I don't really care that this is a doublepost since I can't edit.

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
Picked up a bottle of Tom Foolery's Applejack. It's an apple brandy, but it's not overly sweet. More like a bit milder whiskey than anything. Not bad.

Shadfan666xxx000

kiwifarms.net
In my experience upper class people don't to be as alcoholic and those who are usually fall into the realm of what we call "Functioning alcoholism" Poor people by comparison tend to be alcoholic more often and it tends to be life-crippling. Not to upset anyone but there is a large segment of the underclass which are low-acheivers facing a world that needs them less and less. The most they have to look forward to is staying out of rehab and that much coveted head-cook position (for however long their mundane labor remains economically relevant) at the local eatery, assuming they manage to keep the job before their alcoholism kicks back in and they undermine themselves. Again.

The alcoholism is a small part of a larger picture of sadness, limited potential, dysfunction, hopelessness, lack of direction, spite and bitterness, psychotic breakdowns, self loathing, suicidal rage, and so on. The sort of things that break a man; a life lived of utter impotency.

Edit: I'm sorry this got really dark without my noticing. I think I might break my temperance and find me some rum.
That's the basic root of all addiction.
Edit:Just to stay OT: I'm a whiskey drinker mainly but I also have a taste for fruity shit like those bud lights with the flavors and even sometimes go for local craft beer if I see it just to help the economy. I actually broke into drinking with vodka though when I had a drinking contest with my brother end in vomit and a broken phone.

Last edited:

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Costco generic American vodka is surprisingly good, and handicapping for the price (1.75l for under fifteen bucks) it's basically the greatest shit.

Exigent Circumcisions

A dog's rights activist; a lover; a friend.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Get you some Agavero tequila: 100% mature blue agave aged 10 years in a cask. Comes out at 32% of smooth, drunken goodness. No salt, no lemon or lime, just pour it on the rocks and have fun.

Reactions: Shaved Kiwis

Shaved Kiwis

Memetic Polyalloy
kiwifarms.net
People would sometimes drink this stuff and hobo wine ironically at parties and they frequently regretted it the next day. This one guy at a party I attended chugged an entire bottle of Night Train and it ripped through his guts like a chainsaw. His roommate told us later that he woke up in the middle of the night and called the hospital because he was in so much pain.
I used to drink bum wine and malt liquor unironically back in high school with my metalhead buddies. We kept drinking malt liquor because it was a cheap way to get hammered, but we all collectively agreed to stop drinking bum wine because that shit was laced with some kind of powerful psychotropics to make the hobos go insane. And it wasn't a matter of ABV since we loved to drink cheap vodka, but the only time crazy shit happened was when we drank bum wine. I know it sounds like fucking nutter butter bullshit, but try chugging a bunch of Cisco or Thunderbird and tell me it's just fucking alcohol when you wake up on a constructionsite roof with the wrong shoe missing.

Randall Fragg

Chuck's Buck n' Suck
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How’s Elijah Craig small batch? Got it today instead of my usual Wild Turkey 101. Any reccomendations for bourbons in a simalar price range to those 2 to help expand my horizons a bit, and had anyone tried Suntory Roku gin? Noticed my store had it and it has me curious.
Eli is great. Highly recommend it as a fairly affordable bourbon. If you can get it, Buffalo Trace and Henry McKenna Bonded are similarly priced and excellent bourbons.
Haven't heard anything about Roku, but I've been interested in giving it a try.

U

UW 411

kiwifarms.net
Rose lemonade is the best mixer for vodka or gin. Like alcoholic turkish delight.

Anyone ever tried it?

• Informative
Reactions: Sprig of Parsley

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
Rose lemonade is the best mixer for vodka or gin. Like alcoholic turkish delight.

Anyone ever tried it?
Not yet, but now I'm going to track down some and give it a whirl with gin.

Get you some Agavero tequila: 100% mature blue agave aged 10 years in a cask. Comes out at 32% of smooth, drunken goodness. No salt, no lemon or lime, just pour it on the rocks and have fun.
I've had the worst experiences with straight tequila. Patron, Sauza, Hornitos, doesn't matter, it's all "oh jesus please get me something to chase this with immediately".

neverendingmidi

it just goes on and on and on and on...
kiwifarms.net
Not yet, but now I'm going to track down some and give it a whirl with gin.

I've had the worst experiences with straight tequila. Patron, Sauza, Hornitos, doesn't matter, it's all "oh jesus please get me something to chase this with immediately".
What kind are you trying? Silver? Gold? I tried Patron Anejo, and loved it. I'm not a fan of silver tequilas, they're often harsher. Silver isn't aged, reposado is aged for a minimum of two months and less than a year, and anejo is aged for a minimum of a year but less than three. It was smooth like the tequila version of scotch.

Sprig of Parsley

Damnation dignified
kiwifarms.net
What kind are you trying? Silver? Gold? I tried Patron Anejo, and loved it. I'm not a fan of silver tequilas, they're often harsher. Silver isn't aged, reposado is aged for a minimum of two months and less than a year, and anejo is aged for a minimum of a year but less than three. It was smooth like the tequila version of scotch.
I remember the Patron being Silver but can't remember the others.

Tags
None