Feedback Split News from Off Topic -

Pen Stroke

kiwifarms.net
We have lolcow content on the forefront, in a separate box compared things regarding video games, media, etc. I think it would be good to have a third list for strictly political news underneath the off-topic discussion list. The order could be as follows:

Lolcow Content.PNG
Off Topic Discussion proposed.png
Articles and News Proposed.png
This way people who would prefer non political general conversation, such as media, books, deep thoughts, etc. And those who are here mostly for Articles and News can have a dedicated section.

Deep Thoughts
Another thing I'd like to mention is how a lot of threads in Deep Thoughts are just political discussions veiled as philsophy. I think it would be better to add a new section to AN strictly for debates. Could even be called Debates. It just seems weird to me that so many people post clearly political debate topics in Deep Thoughts.
Example:
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG

crocodilian

K. K. K.an't Edit Posts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The New Content side-bar is honestly too small. This seems like a decent idea.

Another thing I'd like to mention is how a lot of threads in Deep Thoughts are just political discussions veiled as philsophy. I think it would be better to add a new section to AN strictly for debates. Could even be called Debates. It just seems weird to me that so many people post clearly political debate topics in Deep Thoughts.
I don't agree with this, though. What would be the point of sharing a deep thought if not to talk about it with other people? That includes debating aspects of it.

Pen Stroke

kiwifarms.net
The New Content side-bar is honestly too small. This seems like a decent idea.

I don't agree with this, though. What would be the point of sharing a deep thought if not to talk about it with other people? That includes debating aspects of it.
Because basic political discussion is not philosophy. It's mostly shit-flinging before soldifying into an echo chamber.

Liber Pater

#FreeUnzReview
kiwifarms.net
Politics and philosophy are not mutually exclusive. The problem with Deep Thoughts has more to do with pseudointellectualism than politicization imo.
Having niche Off-Topic boards exclusively for more abstract varieties of Deep Thoughts (such as theology, metaphysics, etc) might be interesting but idk how many Kiwis would be interested, and whether there would be enough interest to justify additional boards.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Pen Stroke

Jimmy Durante's Ballsack

Live a little
kiwifarms.net
You could disable all post ratings in A&N and make post "weight" zero so that posts in that section do not contribute to a user's overall post total. This in addition to not showing new topics in the box and generally keeping the board tucked away behind a login-wall.

There's definitely the post rating factor. They're an addicting mechanism, regardless of how gay that is.

Tags
None