Star Trek -

Flexo

Can i get "kill all humans" on random.txt?
kiwifarms.net
-Sisko was right to kick Rom off the team, he sucked. Idk why Sisko was treated like an asshole for doing it, it was the right call.

-I'm not ok with Rom being the one who gets the "win" He was a worthless loser... for most of the show actually, and he was even shown to be so earlier in this episode. Again, Sisko was right to bench him. (I also don't really get why Sisko saw scoring a single point against the Vulcans to their 10 as a "win" in this case...) Worf alone should have hit at least one home run against the Vulcans... And what about Julian?
Fun fact: Max, who played Rom, was actually a minor league baseball player. So he had to play left handed in that episode because otherwise he couldn't "act" bad and incompetent at the sport.

No, the Alien Task Force gets him.

*cough*

I can still recite some of the lines from that. The word association was hilarious.

L50LasPak

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
kiwifarms.net
The Doctor’s actor can do “detached evilness” really well.
We screened the Masters of Horror episode he's in just last night, Homecoming, and he plays an absolute cunt who's in charge of a political campaign. Not surprisingly, he totally nails the role. I've always said that a sign of a really great actor is when they can play a shitty character and make me just fucking despise them. Said episode was directed by none other than Joe Dante who also did The Howling as well, so its a neat little reunion on top of that.

Last edited:

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
That got me thinking.

How many serials, even highly praised successful ones, have actually stuck the landing?

How many have concluded their stories in a satisfying way, tied up the plot threads they dangled for years, and just overall gave the impression that they had an idea where they were going and not just making up bullshit along the way with no idea how to resolve any of it?

I can think of a few, but not many.
The Sopranos is the first thing that comes to mind for TV series that had great endings.

BScCollateral

kiwifarms.net
-Sisko was right to kick Rom off the team, he sucked. Idk why Sisko was treated like an asshole for doing it, it was the right call.
Didn't see the episode, but there are fundamentally two types of good games:

1) Games where it is important to win.
2) Games where each player is trying to see everyone else has fun.

If you get someone playing Type 1 while everyone else is playing Type 2, you have conflict.

The Great Chandler

"Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"
kiwifarms.net
The Sopranos is the first thing that comes to mind for TV series that had great endings.
It's a neat ending, because you can interpret it in different ways. I like to think that because of all Tony has been through, the whole camera shots of various customers and him looking around reflects his paranoid nature. Even when he's chilling with family and friends with all his enemies dead, he can hardly rest the thought of a hitman out to whack him. I didn't see it as a "subverting expectations" kind of thing that modern entertainment likes to do these days.

Last edited:

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
We screened the Masters of Horror episode he's in just last night, Homecoming, and he plays an absolute cunt who's in charge of a political campaign. Not surprisingly, he totally nails the role. I've always said that a sign of a really great actor is when they can play a shitty character and make me just fucking despise them. Said episode was directed by none other than Joe Dante who also did The Howling as well, so its a neat little reunion on top of that.
Look if we gonna talk about some great Picardo performances, then y'all need to take 15 min and watch this.

ExceptionallyExceptional

I farted in my hazmat suit.
kiwifarms.net
They should have just made the show Star Trek: Picardo. Just say that's what the Doctor decided to call himself or something.
Honestly, an entire show about The Doctor could actually be really good. His episodes were some of the best in Voyager's run. Hell, his cameo in First Contact was probably the funniest part of the movie.

Pixy Misa

Your local evil magical girl.
kiwifarms.net
Imagine spending around 10 million dollars per episode, and still using stock clips from google for the main "twist" of the whole season of your show like Star trek Picard does:

Also, according to Wikipedia critics think this show is amazing:

picard.png

"Timeless themes" "unpredictable". Are we watching the same show?

Not only did Brexit dated this show hard to the point it's already yesterday's news, but wasn't it obvious that the Mary Sue daughter of Data will save the galaxy while Picard continues to act as a glorified cheerleader from episode 1?

Look if we gonna talk about some great Picardo performances, then y'all need to take 15 min and watch this.
Speechless. That was an amazing performance. Truly an underrated actor.

Honestly, the doctor, and seven of 9 are definitively my favorite Voyager characters. Special note goes to Picardo who is able to carry scenes with his mere charisma. He isn't a typical Hollywood pretty boy for hollywood's tastes and yet his acting skills are a huge selling point.

Last edited:

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Not only did Brexit dated this show hard to the point it's already yesterday's news, but wasn't it obvious that the Mary Sue daughter of Data will save the galaxy while Picard continues to act as a glorified cheerleader from episode 1?
"Unpredictable." Even though it's a "plot twist" that is in literally every piece of wokeshit shat out by every franchise in existence these days including Soy Wars.

Flexo

kiwifarms.net
Speechless. That was an amazing performance. Truly an underrated actor.

Honestly, the doctor, and seven of 9 are definitively my favorite Voyager characters. Special note goes to Picardo who is able to carry scenes with his mere charisma. He isn't a typical Hollywood pretty boy for hollywood's tastes and yet his acting skills are a huge selling point.
Him and Deforest Kelly I both loved because they can sell you on the most absurd shit and that makes them amazing actors.

Wether McCoy honestly demanding what they were going to do about Spock's brain, or Doc rambling about a damn macrovirus, you can't argue that those two actors didn't give 110% to whatever they were doing.

Of course 90% of the DS9 cast you can say the same (what made it so good). Patrick Stewart is skilled, I won't deny that even as he burns the franchise to the ground. (Of course Brent & LeVar were super talented.) But for sheer award of selling the silliest shit straight, I don't think anybody can equal Picardo and Kelly.

(I don't think Gates was ever given much of a chance and Siddig took a bit but grew into a decent actor by DS9 end.)

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Final picard review is just going to be found footage of Mike running into the CBS Boardroom and shooting up the place.
You really think this shit is going to have that happy an ending? Really?

After this fucking shit?!

I know I keep sperging about this bit but...fucking jesus I swear to god this clip was so fucking wretched it legit traumatised me, its like if in TLJ you had a five minute scene of luke skywalker whacking off on the cliffside to loli hentai while mariachi music plays, and then halfway through he stops for a moment, looks at the camera, and just says "#ImWithHer" before resuming.

Pixy Misa

kiwifarms.net
I know I keep sperging about this bit but...fucking jesus I swear to god this clip was so fucking wretched it legit traumatised me, its like if in TLJ you had a five minute scene of luke skywalker whacking off on the cliffside to loli hentai while mariachi music plays, and then halfway through he stops for a moment, looks at the camera, and just says "#ImWithHer" before resuming.
I wish I could find it again, and trust me I tried, maybe someone has seen it before, but two days ago I was listening to Marina Sirtis in a convention that was made before Star Trek Picard was even announced, and she was talking about Deanna Troi's accents changing throughout the series.

But, what's relevant to this is that Marina actually said that she had heard Patrick Stewart's french accent and, as blunt as she usually is, she outright said it was horrible.

So, in hindsight, not only did she, unknowingly, warn us this wouldn't work, but Patrick was fully aware his fake French accent was pure cringe because his friends told him, and he still decided to film that scene for some reason.

Last edited:

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wish I could find it again, and trust me I tried, maybe someone has seen it before, but two days ago I was listening to Marina Sirtis in a convention that was made before Star Trek Picard was even announced, and she was talking about Deanna Troi's accents throughout changing in the series.

But, what's relevant to this is that Marina actually said that she had heard Patrick Stewart's french accent and, as blunt as she usually is, she outright said it was horrible.

So, in hindsight, not only did she, unknowingly, warn us, but Patrick was fully aware his fake French accent was pure cringe because his friends told him, and he still decided to film that scene for some reason.
Thing is, if he had just left it as the accent and his "disguise" was some doddery old archeologist it would have still been cringe, but atleast it would be halfway in character and not.....that

• Agree
Reactions: TaimuRadiu

Pixy Misa

kiwifarms.net
Thing is, if he had just left it as the accent and his "disguise" was some doddery old archeologist it would have still been cringe, but atleast it would be halfway in character and not.....that
Speaking of that, I just found that clip I mentioned about Marina warning us Patrick's French accent was cringe :

She even says his friends mocked his attempts at foreign accents. There’s no way he didn’t know what he was doing was awful.

Last edited:
Tags
None