Star Trek -

UnKillFill

Am I blue?
kiwifarms.net
Now I want to see a Klingon baseball episode. 😂
Worf gets some Klings into baseball as an honorable combat could be a good hook for a video game
This is kind of close...

Emperor Julian

kiwifarms.net
I get the impression that Vulcans are naturally deeply unpleasent and the whole logic and reason thing is whats required to keep them functioning. If anything the fact they're incredably passive aggresive and standoffish is quite the achievement since they'd really like to cave your head in/wear your skin as a mask/rape you/mixture of all three if you do anything to annoy them and can probably do so with ease.
Setting wise it might explain why they eventually prefer to take the back seat following enterprise. The other races of the Federation probably find them hard to deal with in leadership roles and they're a ticking time bomb dealing with races like the Klingons.

ZMOT

kiwifarms.net
Also, let's not forget how Even Tuvok, who was textbook emotionless and laid back, once he stopped suppressing emotions, the first thing he did was go on a rant about how he could kill (erase?) The doctor, how Janeway was weak, and how all humans disgusted him:
because vulcans play themselves, the romulans where right in that regard. imagine bottling up every emotion and impulse and never ever dealing with it - shit's not logical captain. now imagine that on a cultural scale practiced for centuries. hence them going off the deep end once they ever feel something to the point they have to fuck or their brain literally starts melting (otherwise they'd probably have died out by now too). what's to expect from someone who never learned how to handle it?

Setting aside the fact that none of the women above look even remotely comfortable in their roles in comparison with the men in the previous photo, what are they even wearing? Buttoned, beige, custom-made denim coveralls with orange safety stripes running all over everything? They look like a gaggle of hapless cleaning ladies who got mugged by an insanely aggressive OH&S officer, not a group of renegade, outcast scientists trying to monetize their research come hell or high water.
they are supposed to look "badass" compared to just being working stiffs (which is kinda ironic in itself since as you said 3 of them were academics, when was the last time you saw some professor do manual labor?)
as for the outfits, iirc it was shown in the movie that they're trashman overalls (hence the safety stripes etc.). nice custom made overdesigned shoes tho...
I remember it because they tried to do the same as in the original "haha look how poor we are we have to go with the outfit of the worst kind of job out there", which is quite interesting because it says a lot about the state of mind and where the writers came from. like trash is gross and stuff, yuck! (try being a plumber next time cunt) or how being poor means you have to look and use the absolute worst shit you can find.

Last edited:

Miller

You're gonna extract HIM?!
kiwifarms.net
So, who wants to start putting bets on whether or not they bring V'Ger back for Star Trek Picard?
Does Kurtzman know about V'Ger?
Given the look of those robot things, it's probably going to be either a follow up or a remake of that STD episode with the Discovery probe that came back from a wormhole as a robot squid.
original idea (2).png

UnKillFill

Am I blue?
kiwifarms.net
Regis and Kathie Lee welcome their special guest Quark
I don't remember this. But then again, the only time in my life I actually remember ever watching Regis and Kathy Lee, was when they had the Green Power Ranger (Tommy) on as a guest. He might have actually been the White Power Ranger by then, I honestly don't remember. I was young and dumb back then, don't judge me, lol. But good stuff, and thanks for the share.

I love that Shimerman straight up says that Quark ran a brothel on DS9. We all knew it, and it was always obvious. But that obviously never came up in DS9 proper.

Last edited:

ExceptionallyExceptional

I farted in my hazmat suit.
kiwifarms.net
Oddly enough in TNG they were generally nicer and less cuntish to other species than the Vuclans.
They've shown several times that Romulans are more or less a lot like humans dialed to 11. In TOS in the Episode Balance of Terror the Romulan captain tells Kirk "I regret that we meet in this way. You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend. "
And in TNG episode The Chase when we learn we all share a lineage from an ancient species that seeded the galaxy with humanoid life we get this little conversation between the Romulan captain and Picard.
"It would seem that we are not completely dissimilar after all; in our hopes, or in our fears."
"Yes…"
"Well then perhaps, one day…"
"…one day…"

Really, the Romulans are just more emotional, more conniving humans with pointy ears and green blood. FFS, the bastards drink "ale" strong enough that the fucking Federation banned it (I'd love to see Romulan Brandy!) because, like humans, they love getting their drunk on.

The Gagh Whisperer

kiwifarms.net
I've got a taste for grimdark myself. I'm a huge fan of 40K, and few things can get me going like a really hopeless, fight-to-the-death-because-FUCK-SURRENDER! last stand scene, but just like you wouldn't want to eat hamburgers every day for the rest of your life, I don't want all of the sci-fi I read/watch to be relentlessly bleak and desperate. It's nice to be able to switch gears from the Imperial Guard battling it out to the last man to buy Mankind time to survive another day, to Mon Capitan verbally sparring with Q or trying to resolve some dispute between mutually pig-headed (sometimes literally) aliens in diplomatic fashion, depending on one's mood at any given moment.
Fucking yes.

I like 40K because it's unashamedly grimdark from it's core, and I know exactly what I'm going to get. I don't want it everyday, but when I do I can point straight to 40k on the menu and say, yes please, I'll have some of that. And if I found myself reading a 40k story with hippie diplomacy then I'd be disappointed.

Star Trek, even in the depths of the Dominion war, has always been optimistic to the core. It's the future we want to live in. I can put on any episode of Trek from TOS to ENT and by the end of the episode feel like things can be okay, that the human race maybe isn't totally fucked. When I turn on Star Trek, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

I love psychedelic art, but I don't want to see Bob Ross pulling out a neon palette and painting a fractal interpretation of his DMT encounter with the goddess Shiva. I want to see mountains, cabins, streams, and some motherfucking happy trees.

Last edited:

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Really, the Romulans are just more emotional, more conniving humans with pointy ears and green blood. FFS, the bastards drink "ale" strong enough that the fucking Federation banned it (I'd love to see Romulan Brandy!) because, like humans, they love getting their drunk on.
Usually whenever it's mentioned, they also mention that it's illegal, and usually whenever it's mentioned, it's because they're drinking it at the time.

The Gagh Whisperer

kiwifarms.net
Neelix gets too much shit.

Speaking as a former cook, Neelix was the biggest fucking badass on Voyager.

Cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner, seven days a week, for a crew of 141, with unreliable fluctuating stock, no staff, and alien dietary requirements, for a coddled bunch of 24th century babies in pajamas?

Gordon Ramsay would have stuffed a leola root right down Tom Paris’s whining throat after the second day, but my boy Neelix just keeps on fucking cooking with a smile on his face, and not even a substance abuse problem.

What a fucking legend.

Flexo

Can i get "kill all humans" on random.txt?
kiwifarms.net
Neelix gets too much shit.

Speaking as a former cook, Neelix was the biggest fucking badass on Voyager.

Cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner, seven days a week, for a crew of 141, with unreliable fluctuating stock, no staff, and alien dietary requirements, for a coddled bunch of 24th century babies in pajamas?

Gordon Ramsay would have stuffed a leola root right down Tom Paris’s whining throat after the second day, but my boy Neelix just keeps on fucking cooking with a smile on his face, and not even a substance abuse problem.

What a fucking legend.
He also made the crew sick multiple times and nearly destroyed the ship with cheese.

. . .

Ok yes, a legend, but I don't think as intended.

The Gagh Whisperer

kiwifarms.net
He also made the crew sick multiple times and nearly destroyed the ship with cheese.

. . .

Ok yes, a legend, but I don't think as intended.
If I'm cooking for a bunch of aliens, I guarantee some of those motherfuckers are going to end up on the toilet. Not my problem if they can't handle their tacos.

And if they ask for cheese, I'm making cheese. How am I supposed to know their weird-ass bio-ship can't deal with a little fermentation?

Flexo

Can i get "kill all humans" on random.txt?
kiwifarms.net
If I'm cooking for a bunch of aliens, I guarantee some of those motherfuckers are going to end up on the toilet. Not my problem if they can't handle their tacos.

And if they ask for cheese, I'm making cheese. How am I supposed to know their weird-ass bio-ship can't deal with a little fermentation?
This actually brings up something I just saw this morning.
1585225658247.png

For those who haven't read it, here's the ending passage to war of the worlds.

For so it had come about, as indeed I and many men might have foreseen had not terror and disaster blinded our minds. These germs of disease have taken toll of humanity since the beginning of things–taken toll of our prehuman ancestors since life began here. But by virtue of this natural selection of our kind we have developed resisting power; to no germs do we succumb without a struggle, and to many–those that cause putrefaction in dead matter, for instance–our living frames are altogether immune. But there are no bacteria in Mars, and directly these invaders arrived, directly they drank and fed, our microscopic allies began to work their overthrow. Already when I watched them they were irrevocably doomed, dying and rotting even as they went to and fro. It was inevitable. By the toll of a billion deaths man has bought his birthright of the earth, and it is his against all comers; it would still be his were the Martians ten times as mighty as they are. For neither do men live nor die in vain.

This actually got me to thinking... what if THAT was the reason for the prime directive? "Look, don't go down to primitive worlds, we don't need our entire, highly trained crews wiped out because of some alien cold! If they have warp drive, then they'll probably have the medicine to treat you if you get sick."

I mean as a philosophical matter it is kind of interesting to examine, but why didn't the show ever stop and point out that there's just a practical reason behind it too?

Heck that would have been a better idea for the Enterprise episode with it. Archer and crew all nearly die to the Wu Zu Flu and Phlox barely saves them in time. It would even have some meta humor as we would then realize this idea that crews in the future would have intense debates about, was invented for a very practical, self-serving reason.

Tags
None