Star Trek -

Judge Holden

Explorer in the further regions of autism
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1468257
Excuse me, what? Where did this come from? Apparently it's a kids' show?
Yeah......sadly it turns out that Star Trek Rick and Morty is not the only cartoon series coming out from the franchise.
EdoEkAEXYAEmvcv.jpg

Thus far no info as to the content.....but if I could speculate for a moment, the title "Prodigy" and its garish rainbow hue point towards what even now....after every horror we have seen....could well be the absolute nadir of the franchise...
EFQydXyXsAAQuS1.jpg

Miller

Say "no" to kikongo
kiwifarms.net
The nightmare never ends. Great way to make people sick of "Trek" by flooding the market with all that crap. How many shows in production? 5? 6? Jesus Christ, not a single one of them look or feels like Star Trek.
Also Doomcuck was wrong again.

The show will follow a group of rebellious teens who commandeer an old Starfleet ship and head off into the universe for adventure and more
Funny, that's EXACTLY what Gene Roddenberry didn't want.

• Horrifying
  • Feels
Reactions: Tookie and Flexo

Doctor Placebo

Soleimani's back. Tell a friend.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah......sadly it turns out that Star Trek Rick and Morty is not the only cartoon series coming out from the franchise.
View attachment 1468254

Thus far no info as to the content.....but if I could speculate for a moment, the title "Prodigy" and its garish rainbow hue point towards what even now....after every horror we have seen....could well be the absolute nadir of the franchise...
Wesley is way too white and male for a current year woke power fantasy aimed at children. I'm thinking something a little more...
1595537071871.png

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Funny, that's EXACTLY what Gene Roddenberry didn't want.
He gave us original Wesley. A ship full of even more insufferable Wesleys isn't that far of a leap.

I'd love to hear this pitch. "Remember the most unpopular character in the history of the show, completely hated by everyone? Yeah let's make a show where everyone is that guy."

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net
This cartoon is really unappealing. I wasn't a huge fan of the original Start Trek Animated but this is hot garbage.

I guess Paramount isn't aware of the the futility of flogging a dead horse.

Reactions: RumblyTumbly

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
wasn't filled with gratuitous sex, violence
I don't know that T"planet of killing wesley and fucking"N"headshot on that guy in conspiracy"G can really get on much of a high horse about that.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Tookie

Cast Iron Pan

A trauma-informed, gender-affirming praxis
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1468254

Showrunners:
hagemanbros_headshot_e003.jpg

Writers:

trek prodigy writers room.jpg

Diandra-Pendleton-Thompson.jpg0716_fea_ocr-l-comicwomen-1-jpg.jpgcropped-JJGoChadQuandt.pngLisa Shoop Boyd.jpgNikhil Jayaram.jpg

This is going to be the shittiest JJ Trek yet.

It uses computer-generated animation
This is going to be the cheapest, shittiest JJ Trek yet.

I don't think I could bring myself to visit a Trek, or even hollywood anything, thread again. This shit is beyond dead. I'm done. Entertainment Industry, RIP 2020.

Last edited:

UnKillFill

How come he don't want me man?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now that I think about it (It's been 20+ years since I saw it), Space Cases was a Nickelodeon show as well. They're ripping themselves off now.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So speaking as a very casual fan/observer...why is the Star Trek license getting so heavily whored out all of a sudden?

Tags
None