Star Trek - Space: The Final Frontier

AnOminous

とても可愛い
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Picard never desired children, and he already had a surrogate 'son' in Wesley at one point.
If he didn't desire children (I do not mean that way you pervert), why would he even have a surrogate son? I mean the actual character, not the weird bullshit Stewart (and Wheaton himself) has done to it.

JamesFargo

Every word I say spells "fuck you" as an anagram.
kiwifarms.net
Because it's cathertic, I guess. Same reason Dr. Grant is saddled with those kiddywinks in Jurassic Park.

My gist was that Picard already tried the family thing and it didn't work out. "Tapestry" showed him the consequences of not helming a starship. It's actually kinda hard to visualize what the Nexus has to offer him, since he, more than any other Captain, is living the dream. If he has any regrets at all, it's related to Wolf 359.

Alton

kiwifarms.net
There have been some leaks on what Picard Season 2 and 3 are supposed to be about, and it so
unds retarded enough to be believable(and photographic evidence of at least one of the major plot points):
Returning characters: Picard, Soji, Raffi, Seven, Rios, Elnor, Laris, Zhaban, Number One
Returning legacy characters from Trek: Q, Geordi, The Doctor (EMH - now called Joe), Wesley Crusher, Guinan
Season 2 starts with the death of Guinan, who dies from a wound she received on Earth in the 21st century. Picard is deeply traumatised by this event, and Q visits him to give him the chance to go back in time and prevent the injury from occurring.
The entire crew of La Sirena is sent back to the 21st century, where Picard meets Guinan, who remembers him from their encounter with Mark Twain. It is revealed Guinan's species is divergent from the Q - they are descended from the same race but took different paths.
Picard saves Guinan, but his actions create a new timeline where the Federation is now full fascist, when they return to the present. The crew then has to survive fighting against Starfleet in this new timeline, where Q doesn't exist either, and find a way to change history back to what it should be.(PHOTO)
Picard's new android body is brought up once by Q in the beginning of the season and never again.
Raffi and Seven are in a committed relationship and are targeted by the new fascist Starfleet.
Q is in six episodes. He's more serious.
Season 3 is about a Borg invasion and is primarily being shot on spaceship sets. 1620108013696.jpg

Flexo

Don't blame me. I voted for HK-47.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The entire crew of La Sirena is sent back to the 21st century, where Picard meets Guinan, who remembers him from their encounter with Mark Twain. It is revealed Guinan's species is divergent from the Q - they are descended from the same race but took different paths.
Picard saves Guinan, but his actions create a new timeline where the Federation is now full fascist, when they return to the present. The crew then has to survive fighting against Starfleet in this new timeline, where Q doesn't exist either, and find a way to change history back to what it should be.(PHOTO)
That is such a horrible idea I'm betting it's true.

King Dead

Cops are better when they're mecha.
kiwifarms.net
There have been some leaks on what Picard Season 2 and 3 are supposed to be about, and it so
unds retarded enough to be believable(and photographic evidence of at least one of the major plot points):
Returning characters: Picard, Soji, Raffi, Seven, Rios, Elnor, Laris, Zhaban, Number One
Returning legacy characters from Trek: Q, Geordi, The Doctor (EMH - now called Joe), Wesley Crusher, Guinan
Season 2 starts with the death of Guinan, who dies from a wound she received on Earth in the 21st century. Picard is deeply traumatised by this event, and Q visits him to give him the chance to go back in time and prevent the injury from occurring.
Picard's new android body is brought up once by Q in the beginning of the season and never again.
Raffi and Seven are in a committed relationship and are targeted by the new fascist Starfleet.
Q is in six episodes. He's more serious.
Season 3 is about a Borg invasion and is primarily being shot on spaceship sets.View attachment 2141442
oh my god can we stop with the fucking nazis

Assuming this pans out (and honestly I can't see those flags as anything else), how much do you wanna bet this plotline was already thought up pre-election as yet another "take that" to the Bad Orange Man, with Picard doing an epic speech to own the fascists? Except they couldn't course-correct after the Most Secure Election in History™ defeated Drumpf, so they're stuck making yet another "nazis are bad mmkay" plotline.

To anyone who still has hope that Trek can be saved, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

RomanesEuntDomus

Nächstes mal ohne Italien
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Q, Geordi, The Doctor (EMH - now called Joe), Wesley Crusher, Guinan
Oh god, please not Q and the EMH, they are too good to be ruined too. Fuck Wesley and fuck Guinen though, I don't need their sorry asses to pop up in any ST. Their political bullshit is insufferable and we really don't need more Kool-Aid being forced down our throats.
It is revealed Guinan's species is divergent from the Q - they are descended from the same race but took different paths.
How much you wanna bet this is going to be a super hamfisted message about how Q chose power out of greed and toxic lust, while the noble black people chose harmony and silly hats.
You just know it's going to be something about the noble black people choosing #hope and some other wakanda-bullshit, while Q will be a demon colonizer.

Edit:
Fuck it. Calling it now:
Guinan will look at Picard and go "They chose power while we chose wisdom". It will be heavily implied that Q are essentially "old white men", too.

Last edited:

Aqua Panda

I've seen horrors… horrors that you've seen.
kiwifarms.net
The Gunian and Q being divergent species leak might be a retcon that works. Remember she's the only one who ever directly threatened and worried Q during the first borg episode in season 2. He actually drops a lot of his usual bravado when she shows up. Also, outright stretching his arm in preparation after she raised her hands at him. Q's never really been shown since to be worried about something as long as he had his powers. She actually worried/concerned him.

The going back and changing history for the worse is standard Trek, but making them fight a fascist Federation is stretching things a bit. Guinan obviously has a very long lived life and probably had her hands in a few major events, but the entire Federation going wrong really reeks of "take that, orange man bad."

Drag-on Knight 91873

"Listen man, it's complicated."
kiwifarms.net
The Gunian and Q being divergent species leak might be a retcon that works. Remember she's the only one who ever directly threatened and worried Q during the first borg episode in season 2. He actually drops a lot of his usual bravado when she shows up. Also, outright stretching his arm in preparation after she raised her hands at him. Q's never really been shown since to be worried about something as long as he had his powers. She actually worried/concerned him.

The going back and change history for the worse is standard Trek, but making them fight a fascist Federation is stretching things a bit. Gunman obviously has a very long lived life and probably had her hands in a few major events, but the entire Federation going wrong really reeks of "take that, orange man bad."
Also ripping of Firefly even more than they already are.

UnKillShredDur

Black Deaths Matter.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh god, please not Q and the EMH, they are too good to be ruined too. Fuck Wesley and fuck Guinen though, I don't need their sorry asses to pop up in any ST. Their political bullshit is insufferable and we really don't need more Kool-Aid being forced down our throats.

How much you wanna bet this is going to be a super hamfisted message about how Q chose power out of greed and toxic lust, while the noble black people chose harmony and silly hats.
You just know it's going to be something about the noble black people choosing #hope and some other wakanda-bullshit, while Q will be a demon colonizer.

Edit:
Fuck it. Calling it now:
Guinan will look at Picard and go "They chose power while we chose wisdom". It will be heavily implied that Q are essentially "old white men", too.
Wasn't Malcolm McDowell in Generations supposed to be from the same race as Guinan?

Who am I kidding, they're totally going to retcon the El-Aurians as all being benevolent kangs who split off from the evil wypipo Q.

Nick Gurs

"The Good, The Bad, The Autistic"
kiwifarms.net
I've just watched Star Trek: Generations, the last Star Trek movie I haven't seen yet. It has been picked apart so many times and criticized by even its own screenwriters that I expected absolute borefest, but to my surprise... I kinda enjoyed it. There are many dumb ideas and Kirk's appearance and meeting with Picard are underwhelming, but still I wasn't bored and I've seen way worse Star Trek productions (as long as we still count nu-Trek as "Star Trek").
I think it was in "The Captains" where William Shatner described the scene where he's dying: "my character has seen so much in his life, so how is he going to react to his death? with a surprise: oh my". Cheesy, but kinda worked for me.
Also there is this one scene: when Picard is in the Nexus (some sort of heaven) and he can hug Rene, his nephew, who died in a fire. Would you like to meet again your loved ones who are not with you anymore? This got me a bit emotional to be honest, fortunately I have another episode of my beloved DS9 to calm down, I'm currently on season four and the next episode is "The Visi-" oh shit

Definitely some of the best Music ever produced in that episode and the ending of DS9. Damn Inspirational.
Meanwhile Nu-Trek music is just generic music ripped off royalty free music channels on youtube like Nu trek's soundtracks are.

Jones McCann

“O brave new world that has such people in it.”
kiwifarms.net
where the Federation is now full fascist
These people are seriously out of ideas. The alternate universe fascism was already done much better (it's not out yet but I already know) in the original series and in DS9. I know they've been out of star trek plot ideas for 20 years now, but still. It's weird to me how fixated popular culture is on fascism when communism seems be to the most popular authoritarian ideology in the current zeitgiest. It's almost like there's some kind of agenda or something, weird.

Nick Gurs

"The Good, The Bad, The Autistic"
kiwifarms.net
These people are seriously out of ideas. The alternate universe fascism was already done much better (it's not out yet but I already know) in the original series and in DS9. I know they've been out of star trek plot ideas for 20 years now, but still. It's weird to me how fixated popular culture is on fascism when communism seems be to the most popular authoritarian ideology in the current zeitgiest. It's almost like there's some kind of agenda or something, weird.

We pretend to work and they pretend to pay us. Really gets the noggin joggin as facism among other specific terms werent even words that registered in common usage until a few years ago. Also explains how there are not any new ship designs on par with the older ships and that the ship design evolution died around the early 2000's after the short-lived reign of the sovereign class.

Last edited:

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I like the idea that Q has a glass jaw and is limited in how he perceives entities that are beyond normal time, so even if you don't have magic snap power he can't read your basic physical attacks

Drag-on Knight 91873

"Listen man, it's complicated."
kiwifarms.net
I thought that the El-Aurian ability to perceive non-linear time was what let her see how Q performs his tricks. Perhaps the Q Continuum uses interdimensional transporters and replicators, but since they have a flair for the dramatic, act like illusionists while they perform their tricks. We know humans were able to mass produce the holodeck and all the technologies associated with it, after all. Q might have sent the crew to various holodeck programs at significantly higher definition. The Q might also be potentially be vulnerable to the Borg since Q did warn his son to not provoke them. Note that the Borg (in First Contact) do perceive more than three dimensions after they assimilated the El-Aurians.

Picard may have been more right than he thought when he called him a Flim-Flam man.