Star Trek - Space: The Final Frontier

WhatIsThePunchline

kiwifarms.net
Being mad about wokeness in Star Trek is just.... like... do you even know who Gene Roddenberry is?
If your argument is that 'Star Trek is progressive' and 'woke is progressive, they're like the same thing' your mistake is in the latter part.

Woke is progressive the same way a priest screaming about homosexuality while also raping altar boys is catholic.

If you liked the progressivism in old school Star Trek you should reject woke progressivism which betrays it and is diametrically opposed to it.

Miller

kiwifarms.net
So 7 of 9 who was in a relationship with Chakotay for years and that fucking junkie who was married to a man are both just gay now? What is there a space anomaly that just makes people gay? Or just shitty writing.
They fell in love the day they met and it all happened off-screen. They never interacted until that montage at the end, right?
Yeah it's shit writing, having a gay couple is part of the checklist.

UnKillShredDur

Black Deaths Matter.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Oh wow. I don't even remember this character. But I remember a Trek convention I went to as a kid and some guy described some of the new characters and stories that would be upcoming.

He mentioned Guinan's son would be a character on DS9. And then it never happened. He also said Scotty would visit DS9, and that never happened either.
Scotty on DS9 would have been awesome. The interactions between him and O'Brien alone would have been gold.

Travoltron

kiwifarms.net
Would Voyager be better if the writers listened to Robert Beltran more?
No. To hell with Beltran.
We'd had a few successful Star Trek convention in my small city. Well, one year we had one where Beltran from the brand new show Voyager was to be the guest. But Beltran never showed, It was a disaster. Everybody naturally demanded refunds and they never held another Trek convention in my town again.

We were never given any explanation. I'd still love to know what happened.

bifftango

kiwifarms.net
No. To hell with Beltran.
We'd had a few successful Star Trek convention in my small city. Well, one year we had one where Beltran from the brand new show Voyager was to be the guest. But Beltran never showed, It was a disaster. Everybody naturally demanded refunds and they never held another Trek convention in my town again.

You should go ask your mom.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
79C3AA37-B9F9-4C30-B50D-69D2CA290C89.jpeg

JamesFargo

saying "Oh cool" as I put the gun in my mouth
kiwifarms.net
Beltran only signed on because he wanted to work with Bujold. When she quit, he was not a happy camper.

At conventions, he talks about how he auditioned for various Trek shows and did not give a fuck. At one point he asked Leonard Nimoy (during an audition) what a "Klingon" was, so he didn't get the part, lol. (I like Robert, but it's clear he was ill-suited for Star Trek.)

Who am I kidding, they're going to retcon them as all being benevolent kangs

cw-series-24-paradise-towers.jpg

Last edited:

Travoltron

kiwifarms.net
(I like Robert, but it's clear he was ill-suited for Star Trek.)
I've never seen him in anything else... except I have a vague recollection of seeing him in a Chuck Norris movie.

I thought he was as wooden as a cigar shop Indian in Voyager. Some say he gave a wooden performance on purpose as a protest to the shittiness of the scripts, but that just comes off as unprofessional to me.

But it does suck for him that his character was created by a white con artist in redface that fooled the Voyager producers.

Antarctic Hellbeast

"Roaming the ice fields of Antarctica"
kiwifarms.net
Beltran only signed on because he wanted to work with Bujold. When she quit, he was not a happy camper.

At conventions, he talks about how he auditioned for various Trek shows and did not give a fuck. At one point he asked Leonard Nimoy (during an audition) what a "Klingon" was, so he didn't get the part, lol. (I like Robert, but it's clear he was ill-suited for Star Trek.)

Klingons are basically space Mongols. They have a concept of honor and culture and were warriors because they had to fight off an alien invasion from "The Hur'q" (Outsiders), for their first contact and have been paranoid and untrusting ever since. Not that they were ever a peaceful people to begin with.

They were Never the Space niggers and space sand niggers like CBS is stressing.

Tasty Tatty

kiwifarms.net
They were Never the Space niggers and space sand niggers like CBS is stressing.

Klingons have a culture. They have managed to develop art, literature, science. I mean, they are in space like everybody else.

There is a lot of "classical" Oriental influence in their culture. Wouldn't say Asian because that'd include Arabs, although there could be a few bits of them there.

Parallel Moon

kiwifarms.net
I would pay money to know the logic behind these casting decisions. VOY, ENT, DISCO....I can see these people "starring" in some crappy CBS crime show. Not a merchandising giant
To be fair you could have the best actors ever and I dont think it would have mattered for those shows. The characters in VOY and ENT are a huge step down from TNG and DS9. In addition a lot of them are just bland. Like I dont think I could tell you a single thing about that Asian chick from ENT and I have watched every episode of Star Trek. Her and the other crew except maybe the captain and the Vulcan are just boring. Not much for any actor to do in that situation. In ENT and Voyager it seems like they didn't give a lot of those characters anything to do.

I do agree though that they seem like low budget actors.

JamesFargo

saying "Oh cool" as I put the gun in my mouth
kiwifarms.net
In ENT and Voyager it seems like they didn't give a lot of those characters anything to do.
Supposedly, Garrett Wang was cast because "somebody's gotta be the Ensign." That was Berman's excuse for why Kim was never promoted. In that time, Tom hooked up with Torres and had a kid, at least. Take his first scene and his last scene and Kim is exactly the same person doing exactly the same things.