Star Trek -

Intelligent Calcium

kiwifarms.net
A few things worked out a little too conveniently, but yeah overall that was a really good episode of The Orville. A minor gripe I have is that the Union ships all look way too similar (there were actually different ship classes in that battle but they basically only differed in size) and there aren't really enough design elements to go in a lot of different directions with them in the future.

Miller

You're gonna extract HIM?!
kiwifarms.net
Shame they wrote off the Krill so quickly. As much as I like The Orville, sometimes the stories feel like they're written by bullet point and not fleshed out enough. This episode really could've used a scene where the Krill commander is standing triumphant and considering turning his forces on Earth only to get talked out of it by Kelly.
The Krill can't afford fighting two wars at the same time, they're already too busy with the Chak'tal (the klingorcs looking guys).
Next week is a Krill episode so... who knows?

This is probably giving McFarlaine too much credit, but I'm starting to think that a lot of these episodes are supposed to be reflections on America's relationships with the world.

For instance, the Moclans. They have resources we want and need. But we have to put up with their practices of genital mutilation, honor killings, and execution of homoheterosexuals.
You're 100% right. The episode "About a Girl" on the surface was about trannies but in reality I think it was about female genital mutilation.
MacFarlane is getting better and better as a writer (he wrote the second part of the Kaylon story), I seriously hope that the show will continue for a few more seasons. It's a breath of fresh air on tv and it's really needed
especially when STD is destroying everything Trek stood for.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: frozenrunner

Flexo

serial #3370318
kiwifarms.net
You're 100% right. The episode "About a Girl" on the surface was about trannies but in reality I think it was about female genital mutilation.
I think it's like a lot of good quality sci-fi and is more about the broad implications of what parents owe to their children rather than being about any one specific hot topic. That's what allows it to work as a story 'about' trannies or mutilations or whatever. (though I would like that episode more if the science was better handled)

Miller

You're gonna extract HIM?!
kiwifarms.net
(though I would like that episode more if the science was better handled)
The tribunal scenes weren't that great either, I understand that Seth wanted to make his own version of The Measure of a Man but some of the arguments were a bit absurd.

• Agree
Reactions: Flexo

GrungyLawnChlorinate

confirmed hairless and stable
kiwifarms.net
A few things worked out a little too conveniently, but yeah overall that was a really good episode of The Orville. A minor gripe I have is that the Union ships all look way too similar (there were actually different ship classes in that battle but they basically only differed in size) and there aren't really enough design elements to go in a lot of different directions with them in the future.
It all seemed so brief. That storyline seems like it should have happened over at least 4 episodes, if not an entire season. It was like cramming the entire DS9 Founders arc into 2 episodes.

exball

He's fat! Iiiiii'm thin!
kiwifarms.net
What's your favorite episode per series? Mine are:

TOS: City on the Edge of Forever
TNG: Tapestry
DS9: The Die is Cast
VOY: Blink of an Eye
ENT: I don't know, maybe the one with the augments?
DSC: meh
Ez
TOS: Balance of Terror
TNG: The Wounded
DS9: Call to Arms
VOY: The Killing game
ENT: Cease Fire(really any Andorian episode)
STD: wew

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
The tribunal scenes weren't that great either, I understand that Seth wanted to make his own version of The Measure of a Man but some of the arguments were a bit absurd.
I thought that was the joke, with Kelly only having one semester of Space Law (I liked how the Maklans pointed out that the Alara comparison was inherently absurd.)

• Feels

Titan Lithos

Classic Rock
kiwifarms.net
I dunno if this is the true spoiler for Discovery, but it comes from that gushing fangirl I mentioned earlier.
The Red Angel is a time traveler that comes back to prevent ALL SENTIENT LIFE IN THE GALAXY from being exterminated.
It's almost as if Rich and Mike were right...

• Feels

Goodbye Horses

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I dunno if this is the true spoiler for Discovery, but it comes from that gushing fangirl I mentioned earlier.
The Red Angel is a time traveler that comes back to prevent ALL SENTIENT LIFE IN THE GALAXY from being exterminated.
It's almost as if Rich and Mike were right...
That's not a spoiler, it was outright stated in the last episode.

SkeletonBias420

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They're doing a knockoff of the Reapers from Mass Effect.

I thought the last episode of Discovery was pretty decent. Anson Mount is pretty spot-on as Pike and they establish that Spock never discussed Burnham because she was a raging cunt to him and he disavowed her.

Flexo

serial #3370318
kiwifarms.net
THANKY
They're doing a knockoff of the Reapers from Mass Effect.

I thought the last episode of Discovery was pretty decent. Anson Mount is pretty spot-on as Pike and they establish that Spock never discussed Burnham because she was a raging cunt to him and he disavowed her.
THABK YOU! I was beginning to wonder if anyone else got a mass effect vibe S2.

Remember when Trek would lead the way in scifi, not just follow?

• Feels
Reactions: SkeletonBias420

SkeletonBias420

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Remember when Trek would lead the way in scifi, not just follow?
I'm starting to come to the conclusion that Star Trek has hit a wall in terms of plotlines. The concept is locked in as what are essentially present-day humans putzing around in starships. I think part of why they keep circling back to prequels is because moving too far post-DS9/VOY should start to see the Federation become a radically different kind of society (think Arthur C. Clarke/Frank Herbert/Hyperion territory), and while this could be good they don't want to touch it out of fear of upending a tried and true formula and cementing an unpopular path into canon with notoriously picky fans. Anything they do from here on out is going to seem like a knockoff of a previous Star Trek episode or something else from the "space adventure" genre.

• Agree
Reactions: MagneticTowels

Zaragoza

Love Saw It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I saw Skin of Evil today, that black blob guy was an asshole. If I were Picard I would have taken it into the Enterprise and give it to whoever is in charge of conducting experiments on so we can utilize it's maximum potential for humanity. The ending was sad as fuck though, RIP.

• Feels
Reactions: ProfDongs and Flexo

SkeletonBias420

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Based on the latest Discovery episode, I think they're going to jettison the hologram communicators and a bunch of the flashier tech that's inconsistent with later shows at the end of the season. They're turning the need to retcon some of the mess left by Bryan Fuller into a plot point.

• Optimistic
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino