Star Trek -

UnKillFill

I'm sorry you had to go through this son...
kiwifarms.net
I think I heard someone say that the Burnham chick in Discovery was supposed to die (and did originally) before the plot contrivance of this season, hence why we never heard about her. Is this a retcon?

• Optimistic
Reactions: SkeletonBias420

Miller

You're gonna extract HIM?!
kiwifarms.net
talks about a super secret plan with the guy from Section 31 in the corridor
random wheelchair guy just rolls in front of the camera

...and nuSpock says that he fucking loves science.

I saw Skin of Evil today, that black blob guy was an asshole. If I were Picard I would have taken it into the Enterprise and give it to whoever is in charge of conducting experiments on so we can utilize it's maximum potential for humanity. The ending was sad as fuck though, RIP.
Oh man, that was a rough episode.

Behind the scenes, it's even sadder in a way (Although in real life nobody died at least). The actress who played the security officer in this episode wanted to leave the show because she felt she wasn't getting enough camera time, or something like that. I found that weird, as she was a pretty main character up to that point.

But this episode teased a romance between her and worf. She later said if she knew about this episode, she wouldn't have left because she liked what she got to do.

The weird part is I was told that the reason she was killed off was for appearing in a playboy spread, but apparently that's not the reason at all.

Flexo

serial #3370318
kiwifarms.net
Ok, I'm all for the handicapable and stuff... but haven't people WATCHED this show? Remember how often the ship shakes in danger? That poor guy is going to get dumped out of the chair right away.

What bugs me even more is that this is supposed to be THE FUTURE! Ok, so he doesn't have prosthetic legs (why not? isn't a cyborg on that ship?) why not a hover chair then that is more maneuverable and less likely to tip over? Why isn't he assigned to a zero gravity area where his condition wouldn't be an issue? Even Geordi had his visor to keep working. Gah!

Behind the scenes, it's even sadder in a way (Although in real life nobody died at least). The actress who played the security officer in this episode wanted to leave the show because she felt she wasn't getting enough camera time, or something like that. I found that weird, as she was a pretty main character up to that point.
Per chuck, Denise wasn't happy just with the role, period and when you hear about the rules Gene had for the show back then, it's hard not to see her point. That's partly why Patrick Stewart was ready to leave at the end of S3 - because the first 2 seasons just sucked so bad.

Supposedly she said that if she had more scenes like the one between her and Worf (which I think was less about shipping & more about mutual respect) she would have stayed - but the show didn't care about the characters back then.

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net
It nice to get to see Denise later on, they at least pull her back for some episodes. Characters openly say how pointless her death was and then you get 3x15 where it gives her death meaning. I'm just starting season 5 but seeing how they started to incorporate 3x15 into the universe was also pretty cool.

Puddleduck

kiwifarms.net
How much is known about the Picard show so far? Is it gonna be Picard in name only, with a brave black womynx taking the actual spotlight?

SkeletonBias420

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
According to Midnight's Edge the production is behind schedule, it was supposed to start last month but they've decided to change the art direction and re-do the costumes and the ship designs.
Because they have a great track record for accuracy on their behind-the-scenes scoops.

SkeletonBias420

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If only most entertainment websites weren't owned by major corporations. You can't find anything critical on STD or Kurtzman on those websites, even the Star Trek boards and fansites are all pro STD.
Sure, but that doesn't mean anything they're saying about production is going to be accurate. STD has been cancelled for two seasons running and Kurtzman et. al. were ousted ages ago according to them. Treat them as what they are: some guys on YouTube hate-watching a show. I wouldn't mind them if they stuck to criticism instead of acting like they have some inside track at the studio only to be BTFO days later.

Ok, I'm all for the handicapable and stuff... but haven't people WATCHED this show? Remember how often the ship shakes in danger? That poor guy is going to get dumped out of the chair right away.

What bugs me even more is that this is supposed to be THE FUTURE! Ok, so he doesn't have prosthetic legs (why not? isn't a cyborg on that ship?) why not a hover chair then that is more maneuverable and less likely to tip over? Why isn't he assigned to a zero gravity area where his condition wouldn't be an issue? Even Geordi had his visor to keep working. Gah!

Per chuck, Denise wasn't happy just with the role, period and when you hear about the rules Gene had for the show back then, it's hard not to see her point. That's partly why Patrick Stewart was ready to leave at the end of S3 - because the first 2 seasons just sucked so bad.

Supposedly she said that if she had more scenes like the one between her and Worf (which I think was less about shipping & more about mutual respect) she would have stayed - but the show didn't care about the characters back then.
Heh, the first 2 seasons certainly had their roughness, but I wouldn't say they sucked all the way through. And yeah, the mutual respect with Worf thing didn't have to be romantic, but it could have gone in that direction. It's pretty funny that it's cannon that she had sex with data though.

Prompt Critical

apropos-of-nothing
kiwifarms.net
Heh, the first 2 seasons certainly had their roughness, but I wouldn't say they sucked all the way through. And yeah, the mutual respect with Worf thing didn't have to be romantic, but it could have gone in that direction. It's pretty funny that it's cannon that she had sex with data though.
In general, The Next Generation was absolutely abysmal with how it handled romance and sex, even for an '80s TV show that was the brainchild of an aging '60s hippie. Remember when they randomly threw Troi at Worf for a few episodes late in the show's run despite the two never having shown any feelings for each other and having absolutely nothing in common? Or the episode where Picard harasses a subordinate into dating him until she requests a transfer to a different ship? (Maybe I'm paraphrasing slightly on that last one.)

Honestly the only story of this type that didn't feel fake or forced in the entire show's run that I can think of offhand was the subplot where the awkward lieutenant wouldn't stop jerking off to his co-workers in the holodeck.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
In general, The Next Generation was absolutely abysmal with how it handled romance and sex, even for an '80s TV show that was the brainchild of an aging '60s hippie. Remember when they randomly threw Troi at Worf for a few episodes late in the show's run despite the two never having shown any feelings for each other and having absolutely nothing in common?
Would an officer even be allowed to date a subordinate or an enlisted crewman? Its gotta suck being on a ship with over 1000 people and the only three guys you're allowed to date are Riker, Worf and Geordi.

Prompt Critical

apropos-of-nothing
kiwifarms.net
Would an officer even be allowed to date a subordinate or an enlisted crewman? Its gotta suck being on a ship with over 1000 people and the only three guys you're allowed to date are Riker, Worf and Geordi.
In the old time Earth Navy it's considered fraternization and a violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice - specifically it's in the "punitive articles" which refers to offenses that can be punished by court-martial.

But that apparently doesn't apply to Starfleet, since we have the episode I mentioned previously where the captain starts dating one of his direct subordinates and the rest of the crew seems mostly okay with it. As far as I can remember, no one suggests their relationship would be breaking any regulations, at the very least. So presumably Troi could have hooked up with any random ensign or enlisted crewman, assuming she didn't want to join Riker, LaForge and Barclay in living the NEET lifestyle with their holodeck-waifus.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino