Star Trek -

Flexo

serial #3370318
kiwifarms.net
Heh, rewatching TNG, oh look at this very suddenly relevant episode...

I'm starting to understand why STD wants to try and flush the past away.

Tranhuviya

Degenerate Robot
kiwifarms.net
Aren't they trying to tie the Control AI and the Red Angel into the Borg or something stupid like that? Not only does it break continuity what with the Borg being in the Delta Quadrant, it's a bit lackluster. If that's indeed what they're doing, shit's going to get stupid.

• Agree
Reactions: Kiwi Jeff and Flexo

Miller

You're gonna extract HIM?!
kiwifarms.net
They don't know what to do with the show so they're throwing everything they can.
"Member Spock?", "member Pike?", "member the Enterprise?", "member the Borg and their catchphrase?".
To think that Star Trek had episodes like Balance of Terror, The Measure of a Man, Duet, etc.
(and a lot of shitty episodes, don't get me wrong lol)
and now we have characters who "love science" and the "power of math" while the gay character injects a load of white goo into his bloodstream to make the ship jump like a Battlestar, all of this 10 years before TOS.

Reactions: Flexo and millais

MagneticTowels

Soyga Man Feministic Hunter CuX
kiwifarms.net
I'm starting to come to the conclusion that Star Trek has hit a wall in terms of plotlines. The concept is locked in as what are essentially present-day humans putzing around in starships. I think part of why they keep circling back to prequels is because moving too far post-DS9/VOY should start to see the Federation become a radically different kind of society (think Arthur C. Clarke/Frank Herbert/Hyperion territory), and while this could be good they don't want to touch it out of fear of upending a tried and true formula and cementing an unpopular path into canon with notoriously picky fans. Anything they do from here on out is going to seem like a knockoff of a previous Star Trek episode or something else from the "space adventure" genre.
It's like a storyteller going up to the end of chapter 5 and deciding to stop and go backwards, when there are 10 chapters

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
"Klyden why don't you ever leave the room or socialize?"

Gee, I don't know Bortus, maybe because you turned the entire crew against him over the baby thing? Bortus is like an abusive husband from a Lifetime movie. He's constantly isolating Klyden from other people and then emotionally abusing him in private.

Get fucked Bortus.

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
Gee, I don't know Bortus, maybe because you turned the entire crew against him over the baby thing? Bortus is like an abusive husband from a Lifetime movie. He's constantly isolating Klyden from other people and then emotionally abusing him in private.
Klyden is the typical bitch housewife, so he only get what he deserves.

Im abit confused about all those episodes. They feel like a jab at female rights in the 3rd world and not about transgenderism.

Miller

You're gonna extract HIM?!
kiwifarms.net
Im abit confused about all those episodes. They feel like a jab at female rights in the 3rd world and not about transgenderism.
I think it's both. The Moclans represent the [current year] progressive families who butcher the sexual organs of their child to fit their current ideology but I would say that it's also about FGM although this episode was an allegory about womens' rights in certain countries and how the west is supposed to act.
I liked the political aspect of this situation, it's not the first time that Mercer is questionning the point of having the Moclans in the Union since their culture is so different than the others. MacFarlane said on twitter that this episode was another game changer so we'll see what will happen in future episodes.

Reactions: frozenrunner

trekkor

never talk to me or the pinkskin's dog ever again
kiwifarms.net
Now that the season is almost over, what was the point of having Pike on the show? Aside from nostalgiabait ofc. Did we actually learn anything about the character that made us appreciate him more, or see him in a different light? Half the time we just got references to things we already saw, like the Talosians, Vina and Pike becoming a cripple (though weirdly I don't think the show did a particularly good job in having him and Spock have some sort of actual connection despite them serving together. I mean, Spock will years later defy Starfleet to help Pike, they had to have been close). And the other half was spent with Pike giving an order only to have St. Michael Burnham interrupt him to give a "better" order, which Pike ofc agreed to for reasons unknown. I feel like it's another case of a fan favourite (the other being Lorca) being shafted in favour of Burnham, who I don't think anyone except Alex Kurtzman legitimately likes.

Godzilla@1989

Marlon Brando's eyes!
kiwifarms.net
Kinda off topic, but do any of you all know what will happen to Star Trek if Viacom and CBS merge again? Will Paramount get the rights back from the merger and not just have the film license? I ask this because I've been hearing reports about the two remerging.

SkeletonBias420

Mountain of Molten Lust
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Kinda off topic, but do any of you all know what will happen to Star Trek if Viacom and CBS merge again? Will Paramount get the rights back from the merger and not just have the film license? I ask this because I've been hearing reports about the two remerging.
The question of "rights" becomes irrelevant if CBS and Viacom merge because all of the rights would be owned by CBS-Viacom. They could do whatever they want because the IP would be wholly owned by them and licenses become meaningless. The boring reality is that probably not much would change at all. Star Trek movies have run out of steam and CBS is rolling along doing its own thing with TV. They would theoretically be able to do movies set in the main timeline again or do a TV show set in the Abrams-verse, but I don't think they're going to bother.

Godzilla@1989

Marlon Brando's eyes!
kiwifarms.net
The question of "rights" becomes irrelevant if CBS and Viacom merge because all of the rights would be owned by CBS-Viacom. They could do whatever they want because the IP would be wholly owned by them and licenses become meaningless. The boring reality is that probably not much would change at all. Star Trek movies have run out of steam and CBS is rolling along doing its own thing with TV. They would theoretically be able to do movies set in the main timeline again or do a TV show set in the Abrams-verse, but I don't think they're going to bother.
I was wondering because seeing all these merger talks between Viacom and CBS makes me think what will happen to the franchise as a whole. For me, I see CBS becoming the subsidiary of Viacom.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino