Star Vs. The Forces of Evil - Gonna get a little REE, gonna get a little SJW

The Janitor

Cleaning the apocalypse, one bloody mop at a time
kiwifarms.net
Saw that nobody had brought up this show as a thread, and with it falling from grace as the third season rolls around (Like we haven't seen THAT before), I thought now would be a good time to discuss the show.

SvtFoE (as it's called), is a magical girl show about a "princess" who is basically kicked out of her house and forced to live with Mexicans. It used to focus on the misadventures of the girl as she tries to adapt, but is currently following a serialized format because bullshit reasons that many of the original fans didn't care about. Meanwhile, the "evil forces" (who aren't really evil, just retarded, uninspired, and boring) try to steal her OP MacGuffin item.

This is yet another cartoon put fourth by Disney on one of their side-channels that require either a premium cable account or a basic internet connection to watch. Why is this show so special to many people? A couple of reasons:

• First Disney Animated show with a female showrunner (Daron Nefcy), who claims that she's received no discrimination from the rest of the crew. :lol:
  • For a while (the first 10 episodes or so), the show didn't seem to give a fuck about what it was doing, and this made it more tolerable because you could just jump in at any point. Now, you HAVE to start from the beginning in order to understand because every kids show has to be fucking game of thrones now.
  • When the second season rolled around, SJWs jumped onto the bandwagon after they thought the Steven Universe fire had died down. Some are still watching SU, and others are watching both, but most are just waiting for Nefcy to fuck up so they can call her out.
Have at it.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Don't think this show needed a thread, but whatever. I've said all I could say about the show in the Unpopular Opinions About Western Animation thread, and nothing has changed. While I don't think it's the worst cartoon Disney's ever aired, I honestly can't get into it no matter how many episodes I watch. I swear it's just trying too hard to be Gravity Falls, there's an unsettling amount of parallels that keeps it from being truly original, and I can't be the only one who thinks that.

To hear what's become of it, however, doesn't surprise me at this point.

Shokew

Trial by Fire! Trial by Fire!
kiwifarms.net
This show sucks, just like Steven Universe. I'd proudly watch anything else on either channel these shows air on and would be A-OK with being labeled autistic for it. At least I'm trying to be different from the crowds that worship this crap (and Steven Universe) like they're the best shit on TV, when the truth is clearly otherwise.

I'm just sad there is a thread in this at all, honestly - similar to how I feel about Steven Universe getting one here, unless it's to point and laugh at people who think this shit is the best thing TV has to offer in any sense.

Can we hopefully get some lolcows to laugh at out of this this time? That would really help matters here.

Shokew

kiwifarms.net
Finally got around to watching the latest 4 episodes - this is crap that should've either happened early on in the show's run, or in Season 2. I know for a fact it's going to go back to boring comedy and bad / cheap - looking fight scenes for padding after this, with very little story to back it up, just like the first 2 seasons, honestly. In short, nothing to see here and I'm sorry I necro'd this thread. Sorrier than I am having wasted any time on this damn overrated as fuck show, too.

No matter how hard it tries to not suck, I still stand by my point that I made in the Unpopular Opinions about Western Animation about it. A point I'd rather not repeat ad verbatim, either, honestly.

Shokew

kiwifarms.net
I still have yet to even watch how Season 3 ends... Anyone brave enough to spoil it??? That, and I don't want to be watching something out of hate - that's just seems wrong, especially knowing how much people seem to like this show around here.

Pinup Paracelsus

last of the red-hot swamis
kiwifarms.net
I still have yet to even watch how Season 3 ends... Anyone brave enough to spoil it??? That, and I don't want to be watching something out of hate - that's just seems wrong, especially knowing how much people seem to like this show around here.

Haven't finished it yet, but...

I was totally disappointed when they killed off Toffee, being the only good villain in the show, with such a lack luster death. The new magical girl powers Star got during the season opening would have been great to combat the supposedly powerful talents he had... No, they just crushed him with a building.

omori

go the fuck to sleep
kiwifarms.net
Haven't finished it yet, but...

I was totally disappointed when they killed off Toffee, being the only good villain in the show, with such a lack luster death. The new magical girl powers Star got during the season opening would have been great to combat the supposedly powerful talents he had... No, they just crushed him with a building.
They built him up to be so much more and did absolutely nothing. I was expecting him to be some kind of ancient lovecraftian horror, but nah.

Also Eclipsa is the only good character in this entire show, she's almost too good for it.

Buer

The God of Tits and Wine
kiwifarms.net
^Eclipsa is a pretty good character and I'm not sure if she's going to end up being a good guy or a bad guy considering how much she helped Star.

Eclipsa's daughter turned out to be Miss Heinous. Miss Heinous found out she was kicked out of Mewni(which she was supposed to inherit) and given to St. Olga. She then went on a rampage and started stealing the souls of people to take the Mewni throne. She attacks Mewni castle and fights Star and then Eclipsa steps in and reverts her back to a baby. She leaves with the baby(and Star's wand) to be with her husband Globgor, whose encased in a block of ice, again.